“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Regent Taipei

Ranked #21 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Regent earlier this month, and really enjoyed it. My "Deluxe" room was spacious, quiet, and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was larger and nicer than most hotels I've stayed at anywhere else, with a Japanese-style bidet toilet seat, a huge bathtub, large separate shower stall, and a spacious area between. The hotel has a large breakfast buffet with a very wide range of eastern/Asian and western food options. The cost of the buffet was included in my room charge, so eating there was an obvious choice, but I nevertheless found myself really looking forward to breakfast each day. The hotel has open and airy interior spaces and good conference facilities. The concierge staff was simply excellent, and gave me many good recommendations on lunch and dinner choices and to help me see some of the sights. The area under and immediately around the hotel is pretty upscale with a lot of high-end shopping (which isn't really my thing), but a block or so in any direction provides other less pricey shopping alternatives. There is a small but nice park a block away that I found to be a good place to relax and enjoy warm breezes and sunlight, a rare treat in March for someone from the northern US. The subway system was also nearby, providing access to other parts of the city beyond easy walking distance. Cabs are cheap and readily available though, so getting around was easy even without the subway. The only downside I found was that wifi in the rooms was weak and generally unusable (though fine in other common areas of the hotel); I ended up using the available wired internet instead which worked just fine. I would happily stay in the Regent again when I am next in Taipei.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank IMJustVisiting
Dir_Of_Rms-CLiao, Asst. Director of Sales & Marketing at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear IMJustVisiting:

Greetings from Regent Taipei !

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for liking our bathroom, breakfast and services. Regent Taipei team and myself sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you very much and I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require. I can be reached at: charlotte.liao@fihregent.com.

There are newer reviews for Regent Taipei

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed for four days at the Regent recently in the Tai Pan residences and I wish it could have been longer. Seamless service and a great room with a very comfortable bed and a terrific view. I miss those breakfasts on the 19th floor, looking out towards Taipei 101.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave T

Dear Dave T:

Greetings from Regent Taipei !

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your compliments and they will be shared with the team. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you very much and I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require. I can be reached at charlotte.liao@fihregent.com.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We got a free upgrade to an Executive room. The hotel is located conveniently. The room is spacious and the bathroom is big. Although the wifi is not working very good in the room but the hotel helped us with a router and the problem is solved very quickly and the internet worked very good. The service is fast and good. For sure we will return to this hotel next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cathk
Dir_Of_Rms-CLiao, Asst. Director of Sales & Marketing at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Cathk:

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I had many experiences traveling around the world. We considered several hotels for our recent vacation in Taipei and were very happy to make the decision as usual. We stayed for 2 nights and from the reservation to the checking out were all perfect experience. The great and nice hospitality as we usually had in Japan. Good balance was found between luxury and elegant room style. Comfortable living space and bed for good dreaming. Delicious and amazing breakfast and afternoon tea(we had our dinner outside). Reasonable price. We did enjoy the sincere service from every staff we met. I would be very glad to recommend it to our important clients, friends or relatives! We'll go back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Luxury room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JSH7294
Dir_Of_Rms-CLiao, Director Of Rooms at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear JSH7294:

Greetings from Regent Taipei !

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for liking our room, breakfast and services. Regent Taipei team and myself sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you very much and I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require. I can be reached at: charlotte.liao@fihregent.com.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We considered several hotels for our recent visit to Taipei and were happy we decided on the Regent. Arrived Taipei from Seattle, via Tokyo, at 2100. Took the CitiAir Bus, route 2061, to the hotel exiting at Zhongshan stop. The hotel was across the street and about two blocks down from the bus stop. The CitiAir Bus was really cheap at NT$ 90 and not all that bad, but it took 70 minutes enroute. We opted for a local taxi back to the airport which was also reasonable at NT$ 1200.

The Regent lobby was chic and lovely. Their Lunar New Year decorations were very festive, a vibrant red Centepiece and attractive Holiday lighting inside and out. We were greeted graciously by reception and efficiently checked-in. Our room assignment was a deluxe room on the 14th floor with a view of Taipei 101 in the distance. The room was large and tastefully furnished. Beautiful, big bathroom with walk-in shower and tub. Lots of nice and useful amenities and well stocked with towels and slippers. Housekeeping did a great job of maintaining the room throughout our stay. Complimentary bottled water was provided daily and a fresh fruit arrangement offered on arrival.

The buffet breakfast was included in our rate and as other reviewers have noted it was quite a spread. There were many choices to please any Western or Asian palate. The dining room was lovely with floor to ceiling glass windows and nice views of the garden. The decor was very stylish and the staff quite attentive. On our last day we arrived when the buffet opened at 630 and thought that was the best time to eat if you wanted to avoid the crowd.

The hotel has a high end shopping arcade in the two lower levels. We observed a lot of expensive designer shops in various areas of Taipei. If you are looking for French couture you will not be disappoined.

We wanted to visit the observatory at the spectacular Taipei 101 and the concierge explained it was accessible via the metro. The Zhongshan Red Line MRT stop was a short walk from the hotel. Taipei's Metro system is quite nice, clean, reasonable and well marked. Our trip over to Taipei City Hall involved a correspondence, it was a quick and easy way to get crosstown to visit the 101 building and environs. We checked out the W and Grand Hyatt Taipei which were in that vicinity and while they looked fine we preferred the Regent. Taipei 101 is a high point (no pun intended).

The Regent is located in a nice area with many shops, hotels and restaurants nearby. We had a really pleasant stay and enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel. The staff made us feel right at home and we can highly recommend the Regent to anyone looking for a memorable visit to Taipei.

Room Tip: Taipei 101 view and take a look day and night -- it is illuminated.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
15  Thank 105countries
Dir_Of_Rms-CLiao, Director of Rooms at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear 105Countries:

Greetings from Regent Taipei !

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for liking our room, breakfast and services. Myself and the Regent Taipei team sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you very much and I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require. I can be reached at: charlotte.liao@fihregent.com.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stay here whenever I am in Taipei as we get a great rate thanks to one of our suppliers

The hotel is well situated, well appointed and generally well cared for. The rooms a good size and the bathrooms nicely appointed with seperate shower and bath

what sets this hotel apart is the dining room and its breakfast. There is a huge choice on offer, all freshly prepared and delicious. European and Asia choices are available

Room Tip: if you arrive at the airport with no cash, most taxis will not take cards. However, if you stay at...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank stefinn
Dir_Of_Rms-CLiao, Director of Rooms at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Stefinn:

Greetings from Regent Taipei !

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for liking our breakfast and the room. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. If I can be of any further assistance, I can be reached at charlotte.liao@fihregent.com.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hotel on business and wanted to see as much of Taipei as I could on a tight schedule. The concierge staff was great and helped me organize the sightseeing time I had to get the most out of my trip. I was grateful for their assistance. This is a very nice Hotel and I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank music_dad
Dir_Of_Rms-CLiao, Director of Rooms at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Music_Dad:

Greetings from Regent Taipei !

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for liking our Concierge and the services. Myself and the Regent Taipei team sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you very much and I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require. I can be reached at: charlotte.liao@fihregent.com.