“fantastic!”
Review of The Landis Taipei

Ranked #64 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Enjoyed everything!
We booked this hotel based on the great reviews and
We are very satisfied with the choice.
The room is very nice, clean and spacious with all the amenities we need plus complimentary fruits and water daily. The hotel is conveniently located within 5 minutes walk from a MRT station. Although the hotel is located on a seemingly busy road, the room is extremely quiet. The staff members are incredibly well trained and friendly. They all seem happy people who enjoy working there, which to me says a lot about the management of the hotel! We did not dine in the hotel nor did we use the gym so we cannot comment on these areas, but for us who often travel internationally we cannot imagine how anyone would have less than satisfying experience staying
here.
We are really impressed at the online comments from the guest relation manager in response to each review (it plays a major role in our decision to book this hotel) so please keep it up!
We hope the hotel promotes the staff members for the great genuine service they offer to the guests. We have already recommended this hotel to someone we know who will likely stay here for a week or two. We ourselves plan to stay here every year we come visit too!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keplin0608
GRMLandis, 客戶關係經理 at The Landis Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit at The Landis Taipei! All the Team is so happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay and our personnalized services and attentions.

We are sincerely grateful for the time you spent writing the online review and for your honesty. Your comment represents a meaningful reward to us and a great motivation. To tell the truth, as soon as I received the message, I couldn't help sharing it immediately with my colleagues. Everyone is thrilled and such feedback from our guests justifies our every-day efforts to make them feel welcome and comfortable in their new home in Taipei.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon. In the meantime, all the Team wishes you a happy Dragon Boat Festival!

All the best from Taiwan,

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I staid just for one night to relax and break out of my daily routine as I'm living in Taipei. First off all I was positively surbrised that I have been upgraded even so I booked online and not been a regular guest.

The room was very comfortable and offered all what I would expect from a suite in a hotel like the Landis. The design is a bit old fashion but it was clean and well organised.

The Management should think about their fitness facilities as they are absolutelly out of age including the entire inviroment. And I'm not sure but up there was no service at all, nobody ask me whether I need help or an explanation that was really disappointing!

In the evening I was dining in the famous french restaurant and to be honest the service is great but the food needs improvement. Tasteless, poor preperation and the presentation is really old school without any ambition.

And being a foreigner the breakfast buffet is definetely not to recommend. The best thing was the senior manager who passed by the buffet while overlooking the food was falling on the floor and the buffet was in a very bad condition at the time! But it seems nobody cares as I was there for around 30 minutes but nothing changed!

2  Thank MichaelTischer
GRMLandis, 客戶關係經理 at The Landis Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Happy Dragon Boat Festival!

All the Landis Team would like to thank you for your visit and for writing your review.

We are glad that you enjoyed the free upgrade and the suite. However, we are of course taking into high consideration the comments regarding the gym and the restaurants. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and to hear that you are disappointed with the quality.

You might have seen that there is a notice on each sport equipment at the gym and we renovated the room one year ago. Actually, many guests who are used to going to gym centers, are satisfied about the large range of machines available in the hotel. But of course, we will make sure the instructions make each exercise machine easy to use.

We are very sorry that you think this way of our hotel. We are considering your criticisms and sharing your remarks with the corresponding departments, especially Food and Beverage, in order to improve our services. We always appreciate the sincerity of our guests, in glowing terms or negative feedbacks, they all make our hotel live and work towards even greater and personnalized attentions and services.

All the team wishes you a nice day!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Breakfast buffet was more than adequate, with a decent selection of Chinese and Western foods.
I stayed one night and was upgraded to a corner suite. The room was great!
The location of the hotel was convenient. Train station is a few minutes walk away. There are no real tourist attractions within easy walking distance.
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank couscous74
GRMLandis, 客戶關係經理 at The Landis Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Happy Dragon Boat Festival!

Thank you very much for your visit at The Landis Taipei!

The Team sincerely appreciates your feedback and is glad to know that you had a nice stay with us, enjoying our facilities and services. It is the best reward to have guest taking the time in order to write review about their trip and we will do our best to continue deserving such high praise.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

about 3km from Songshan Airport, 100m to a metro station. It has everything you expected. But no more. Everything is fine as it should be. Every person is nice as an 5* steward. Good gym with plenty facilities, always empty when I was there. Good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

All the Landis Team would like to thank you for your visit and for writing this good review.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your business trip in Taiwan in our facilities. It is the best reward for us to receive positive feedbacks from our guests saying they appreciate our services.

Please, feel free to share more suggestions with us. Your remarks are a great encouragement and we want to make sure every stay is the most comfortable.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon,

All the best from Taipei,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Taipei was my last stop on my solo backpacking trip in asia, I got sick in Taipei so I checked into a nice hotel which I picked the Landis. I had to go to the Hospital my first night. Not only did someone from the hotel take me to the hospital they stayed and translated until I was getting the proper treatment. For the next two days it seemed like every worked knew who I was and I was constantly getting asked how I was feeling. So the staff here is great no question. Location is good enough close to the metro and taxis are pretty reasonable. Rooms and hotel are also nice, i recommend this place

GRMLandis, 客戶關係經理 at The Landis Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear guest,

It is so nice to hear from you and to receive your review. The Landis Taipei team has been delighted to welcome you during your backpacking trip!

We are also very happy to know that you are satisfied of our facilities and services. To help our guests when they are not feeling well is part of our job too. We do understand that it might be troublesome to go to the hospital alone in a foreign country, that is why we always make sure our guest feels safe and serene from the beginning untill the end of the stay.

We hope you could enjoy a bit of the city and the local food though, and keep a good memory of Taipei. We would be pleased to welcome you back for a next trip in Asia!

All the best,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Beautiful hotel, outstanding service, excellent food. We made the acquaintance of some other guests, who were also delighted with the rooms and the service of the staff. It was wonderful to have a relaxing and cozy place to stay before our next day of shopping. We have stayed at many hotels, but we have never been treated so royally.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
GRMLandis, Guest Relations Manager at The Landis Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Landis Taipei and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and also our staff service.

The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedbacks so that we serve our guests better in the future. We look forward t welcoming you back at The Landis Taipai very soon.

Sincerely yours,

Akiko Saito

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just depart after 7 nights.Highly impressed by the great service.Very motivated helpful staff, fast to respond to all requests.Very comfortable, nicley decorated room with wide selection for breakfast.Very fine hotel that meets every standard.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank shlomowie

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at The Landis Taipei and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel room, breakfast and our staff services. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all the associates.

We look forward to welcoming your back at The Landis Taipei very soon.

Truthfully yours,