“Great couples massage place”

Villa.Like - Ren'ai
Ranked #2 of 89 Spas & Wellness in Taipei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great couples massage place”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was the first time I had a Thai massage. My boyfriend and I came in without reservations. The ladies at the front desk/massage therapists had very limited English, but they were professional and accommodating. The environment was quiet, very relaxing, cultural, clean and upscale. We selected the 2hr thai massage package for $2300/person. There was not a couples massage package, but they put us in a room with two beds which was very much appreciated and made the experience that much better. They used light to deep tissue pressure. The majority of the massage was medium pressure, but at some points, it felt like they were hitting a pressure point and was a bit uncomfortable. I could of asked her to be a little lighter, but I didn't because I knew I needed it. The yoga stretching was pretty awesome. There was minimal noise and I could hear my boyfriend sleeping during the massage, so I knew he was very relaxed. We both felt rejuvenated afterwards which is exactly what we wanted. I also liked the tea they served us before and after the massage. The cookies were also excellent. I really enjoyed this experience and would recommend it to others.
I rated it 4/5 because the massages were a bit different between the two of us (his massage therapist had him propped in the air) and it was a bit uncomfortable for me at times. The other reason is because the beds are not made for you to lay face down. They had an extra pillow that was placed with a gap for your nose and mouth. My chin was sitting at the edge of the bed. I wish they provided a bed that was cut out for the face which would have made it a bit more comfortable.
BTW, the name of my massage therapist is Amanda #53

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very good thai massage”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Good and kind service, the therapist was well trained and the Thai massage was very good.
Easy to find location! It was worth the price. Nice tea and cookies after the massage.

Visited January 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very clean and nice atmosphere. Excellent massage.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've tried different places in Taiwan for massages and most of the time the therapists wasn't strong enough to give enough pressure (and I like a lot of pressure). My therapist (#89) was absoutely excellent and up to expectation. I've also been to Thailand multiple times and have gotten Thai massages before and this was on par if not better than most others I've received.

The atmosphere and environment was great. Staff was extremely friendly. The decor makes you feel like you are not in the commercial downtown of Taipei.

I'd definately recommend the place. Make sure you make a reservation (or have the hotel make one for you).

The place open from 10:00a - 03:00a everyday and have two locations in Taipei.

Visited July 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So good, we went back the next week”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I visited Villa.Like on a recent trip to Taipei. My wife is from Taipei and a massage aficionado who had tried a hot oil massage at Villa.Like last year. This year, we both got a two-hour Thai massage which blew us away enough that we decided to make another appointment before leaving town the following week.

I've received massage in Taiwan and the US a number of times, but this was unlike anything else I'd experienced. Rather than reprint the description provided by another reviewer, I would just say that the professionals at Villa.Like are top-notch. Neroli (1st visit) and Peggy (2nd visit) were sure to ask about appropriate pressure at the beginning of the session and check with me throughout. Each had her strong points and I was impressed with the way these small women could manipulate my 6'2", 190 pound frame. Both were able to lift me almost entirely off the mat for a couple of the postures.

I would recommend this place to anyone.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Anonymous_Coloradoan
Wellington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“skin rash and pain”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is by far the worst Spa treatment ever received while visiting Taipei.

I visited Taipei 4 times already and I like the hospitality and good will in Taiwanese people to help you all the time. This is not the case for Villa.like Spa.

Unfortunately last night I made the mistake to go to Villa.like where I purchased a "Facial" treatment and got a horrible skin rush all over my face.

I have tried to communicate with them, as my face felt on fire after applying some lotions, but as my Mandarin is not good they didn't really understand and kept massaging my face and head. I was hoping the pain to ease out or I assumed ( wrongly ) that if my face was changing color they would have seen and told me something.
I only realized I had a skin rash after the treatment was over and I had the chance to see myself in the mirror.
The massage wasn't relaxing at all, and I had a mild headache afterward.
On top of this when I showed up to the spa I asked if before the massage I could shower as the hot weather makes me sweat a lot. They said if I wanted to have a quick shower they would overcharge me on top of the treatment I already purchased.

I should have known there was something wrong when they asked me to pay before receiving the treatment.

I am highly unsatisfied and today I still have visible marks on my face. I will get better I know, but they could at least said they were sorry or have the manager ( or one person in the entire team of stuff ) talk to me.

I am not a native English speaker and I will to learn Mandarin, but it's really not an easy language to learn, especially for someone who doesn't live in Taiwan.

Visited April 2012