“My best night's sleep”

Go Sleep Hotel - Xining
Ranked #266 of 582 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Strangely, I had my best night's sleep in a six week trip to Indonesia and Taiwan. Maybe because our room had no window ? At first, I was a bit annoyed by the noise of doors slamming and the fact that you could hear a little through the thin walls. But the moment you accept this situation, it is a very acceptable place to stay in a very good location. Room was comfortable and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank touristeaccidentel

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed there for 5 days and i shall say it had been a torture staying in the hotel! The place was hard to locate, a counter (not a reception) located on 9th floor. The moment u stepped into the lift can tell you straight away, you have choose the wrong hotel! The lifts were stink, rooms were badly maintained (wall papers came off) and the rooms were dusty! I having my sinus for 5 days staying there!
I am very disappointed with the stay there and am sure I wont stay there ever even given free! Its like a motel with only 1-2 stars!!!

Room Tip: some of the rooms do not have window! Watch out when they assigned.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Firstaipeitrip
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and were happy with our choice as a comfortable base in a great location. I'm not sure which rooms they are using in the professional photos of this hotel...but ours certainly didn't match. Note there are TWO Go-sleep hotels, just down the road from each other. The entrance to this one is located across the TGIFridays, in what appears to be a random elevator shaft. I was very worried going up the dingy elevator (hold your nose) to the modest/cramped reception counter...but the rooms themselves were very comfortable & clean with new bathrooms and new shower tiling. They had a nice tv, mini fridge and safe. All the linens seemed new and clean. My only complaint is that the walls were a bit thin and we could hear the people next to us. We were very comfortable at the Go-Sleep hotel and the staff were friendly and helpful.
I strongly recommend staying in the Ximen MRT area, as it is a lively walking area in a very central location. The best asset of this hotel is its location and I recommend it to anyone looking for a no-frills, central base in Taipei.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window. Not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friends & I were stayed in Xining during our trip in Taipei in Apirl. We booked this hotel, because the review and the pictures. I were very disappointed when I arrived & check in.
Well, for sure I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank TPE
Reviewed April 16, 2013

First, it was hard to locate the hotel. Opposite hotel has MAC make up store..or can look out for crocs. The lobby was upstairs on the 9th floor, and the lift has an unpleasant smell. But the room was clean and big. Service was great.. I booked a room with a queen and a single bed.
The location was great, in the heart of ximending. Walking distance to the MRT was about 7-8 mins. Exit 6 from ximending station.
Overall was not too bad.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Winnieseah
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I booked at hankou hotel but was given a room at xining and the staff is very kind enough to bring us over to xining. So service is still very good. And the staff at xining explain to us very clearly on how to use the card to access the lift and the door. Booked a twin bed but was given a 3 person bed. Bedroom is quite ok except that there is a very strong perfume smell. Location wise is good. Near to 7-11. Can't judge on the breakfast as we didn't go for their breakfast as we need to go over to hankou outlet there. Overall the stay is still pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Snuggiegirl
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went in Dec 2011. They just moved and so it was a lot easier to find the entrance as compared to the previous place. The rooms were new and hence very clean. But some of the facilities were not working eg tap. As 3 of us were sharing the room, the frosted glass-panelled toilet made sharing of room a bit awkward.

Most of the serving staff where also very helping. They even help us book dinner for a very popular buffet. Overall it was a good hotel. wonderful location, clean rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends