“You-Are-On-Your-Own apartment”

Ranked #511 of 568 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“You-Are-On-Your-Own apartment”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We checked in on the 13th Dec 2012, having great difficulty finding this place since there was like, zero sign board outside. Found it based on the address number.

The receptionist was a grumpy old guy who mumbled, and we could not really tell what he was saying. Apparently, he takes care of the building, of which Lucky Apartment is just one of the occupants.

Place could be good, but clearly not well-maintained. Shower curtain was broken and could not cover well (bathroom is glass-walled), so we improvised and got a towel to cover the exposed areas.

Seems like this is an on-your-own type of thing. Nobody will clean up the rooms as well on a daily basis... Looks like it would not last another 5 years.

Wifi OK, TV OK.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Tap_Scow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 24, 2011

When I checked in at the reception, I was told by the reception guards that I need call the Lucky Apartment person to ask for my room number. I was told to use the public phone at the lobby which I had to pay for the call.

And after I got the room number, I need to tell the room number to the reception guards so that they can go get the key for me.

1. I do not understand why I need to call the Lucky Apartment person to get the room number? The person could have tell the guards the guests name and their room number for the day.

2. I do not understand why I need to pay for the call to get my room number!

When I booked, it was stated in the hotel description that there would be wifi, but there wasn't any.

The room smelled terribly of mixed odor. Apparently the Lucky Apartment does not put in effort to clean the room. There were also strains of hair and thick dust on the floor.

The towels stained. It makes you wonder if they were washed and cleaned before serving the next guests.

I booked for 6 days 5 nights. When I ran out of toilet paper, I was told that I need to buy my own.

The sink next to the living room was leaking to the floor each time you use it to make coffee or tea. So we used the sink in the toilet instead.

There was no one to clean your room. and they don't give you a broom for that!

You have to buy plastic/ paper bags for your rubbish. They don't provide any for you to hold your rubbish.

There was no table at the living room, only one 3-seater sofa.

When I checked out the last day, I was told by the reception guards that I need to use the public phone to call the Lucky Apartment to inform that I was checking out... and of course I need to pay for the call.

I couldn't get the person, so the guards told me to just leave the key with them.

I do not think I will ever book any rooms with the Lucky Apartment.

For the same amount of money, there are better places around.

Room Tip: With the same amount of money, you can find better nearby places.