“Cash only please!”
Review of Chia Te Bakery

Chia Te Bakery
Ranked #1 of 70 Bakeries in Taipei
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Everyone is raving about their pineapple tarts. I bought about 150 of those little tarts on my recent trip there as gifts as well as for myself and family. All of them gave a thumbs up for those tarts. Even the cranberry and honeydew flavoured ones are nice. But the best is still the pineapple. I did not buy the ones with egg yolk though. I'm afraid of the cholesterol in those.

But anyway, I want to emphasize this. THEY ONLY ACCEPT CASH! I did not realise this until I was at the cashier, after I queued for about 20 minutes. I was there at about 7pm. I only have enough cash to buy about 40 tarts. So I have to go to an ATM (there's one across the road) to withdraw more cash, then queue again for another 20 mins to buy the rest. I would be furious if I have to queue for another 1-2 hours for that.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

buy their pineapple pastry and the cranberry pineapple pastry.
also buy their wife's cake.

dont go during the mooncake festival as their culture in taiwan is to give pastry instead of mooncake

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was told by the local that only tourists eat the taiwanese pineapple cookies. The locals prefer confectionaries are the places to have really great biscuits. Chia Te Bakery is one of them. Really freshly baked and delicious biscuits and plenty of choices.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I just love their pineapple pasties!! Be prepare to queue for goodies.You be drawn by the smell of freshly baked pastries. So if you are ever in Taipei, don't forget to grab a box or two or three of these wonderful treats.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you are looking for souvenir from Taiwan and this is the place to visit. The bakery is always packed, the most popular item is pineapple cake. I always like their wife cake and sun cake. Expect to see long long queue before holiday seasons (Chinese New Year, Dragon Boat Festival, Moon Festival...)
They also accept large orders if you call in advance.

1  Thank Bigpawbasset