“Delicious dumplings!”

Din Tai Fung (101 Branch)
Ranked #16 of 13,012 Restaurants in Taipei
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Worth the wait! We enjoyed every dish we ordered: the classic pork xiao long bao, green squash and shrimp xiao long bao, vegetarian mushroom and spinach dumplings, spicy pork wantons, steamed sesame buns, eight treasure sticky rice and sesame mochi in sweet wine.
The staff provided very efficient service! They had a place for me to place my bag beside me - and covered that and the jacket I hung on my seat with cloth to make sure nothing could splatter on them.
I was thrilled to dine at this restaurant I heard so much about - and that it is one with a Michelin star. I would definitely eat here again if I could!

There are newer reviews for Din Tai Fung (101 Branch)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I visited Din Tai Fung on a recent visit to Taipei. Everything we heard was true. Some things not to miss: Shrimp & Pork Wonton w/ Spicy Sauce, Truffle Dumplings, Small Dumplings w/ Soup (only on weekends!), and the Shrimp & Pork Pot Stickers. Also, the Taiwan beer is quite good and goes really well with the food. One tip, if there is a long line, ask if you can join a table. You will usually get seated right away. We ended up getting seated with another couple from the US and had a lovely time comparing notes about Taiwan.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I wanted to try Din Tai Fung in Taiwan as the only other branch is in Australia is in Sydney. I'm glad I went to try as the food was delicious and service was excellent and prompt. I avoided the queues on going off-peak so I didn't have to wait. The place serves one of the best xiao long bao dishes cooked almost to perfection.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Took 17 co-workers out to lunch the week prior to CNY. Food was great, service was prompt and courteous. Must visit while in Taipei.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went to this restaurant twice during our stay in Taipei. We had to wait about 20 minutes during the lunchtime rush the first time, but this was well worth it. The food is delicious, very well-priced and served extremely fast. The atmosphere is bustling and you are able to watch some of the chefs at work. The menu had enough english to make it easily accessible. I can't recommend this place enough.