“Wonderful location”

101 - S Hotel Ximen
Ranked #368 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel was recommended by our host in Jiufen after we found out that we would be stuck in Taipei for another two days due to typhoon Usagi.

Ecfa is located right in the centre of Ximending, perfect for those who love eating and shopping! How I miss those two nights eating and shopping till late and not needing to worry about how to get home. It is also merely one stop away from Taipei main station, so it's very convenient for those who have early flights.

At first glance, Ecfa reminded us of Chungking Mansion in Hong Kong, but once we stepped out of the lift we still felt that it was clean and spacious. Room and bathroom were spacious, as well as clean. Only drawback was that it had no window, and for the slightly claustrophobic me, two nights would be my maximum. Attitude of staff was okay-good, not excellent.

Overall, great location, no windows, but good for its price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank iamthere

Reviewed September 12, 2013

It's was good value for money. We booked a room for 4, which has two double beds, and the bathroom is massive. Before we went there, we were a bit worried of the bad rating and reviews. But it turned out to be a lot better than what we have expected. The location is good, closed to a shopping area, underground station, a very famous karaoke, restaurants... basically everything you need is within 15 mins walk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank L0nd0nKitten
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Close to Ximen metro station but not that easy to find. make sure to have a map before going here and realise that it is actually located in a shopping mall. Rooms have no windows but are generally quite spacious. Breakfast is quite ok too, nothing fancy but adequate. Unfortunately I had a Chinese mother with little brats who refused to go to sleep before 12 and their screaming could be heared in the lobby. Staff is friendly and gave me another room, but I would rather spend a bit more next time to have somewhat better quality.

Room Tip: Ask a room as far away from family with children when you are alone
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank thetravellingdragon
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked a 2 night room for a short stay in Taipei city. The hotel is very near to Ximending. It is on top of a shopping arcade and below of some cinema, cafes. The facade of the building is rather old in my opinion. But the hotel (level 6 & 7) is rather new. It is simple, everything u can expect out from a budget hotel. There are hourly rates available and I see local couples booking them over-the-counter.
For my first night, I was given a 3-bed room. It has no window, the room is squarish, simple (bed, tv, fridge, small table). The toilet is big in relative to the room size. There's a big bathtub that can really sit 3 person in.
For my second night, I had my double bedroom. Simple too, the bed is slightly to the soft side, quite clean and it has window! The TV have both local and international channels. The fridge only have mineral water.
Overall, it is moderate on value for money. The pros is its location to Ximending and train station, the cons are the old building and no windows in some room.

Room Tip: There is a food court at the basement of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank alanthegreat
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a week ago.

We booked one family room and one double room. We got free breakfast every morning. The menu was slightly changed. But it's ok, it was still decent and the food also ok. And we also got free coffee / tea / juice at the hotel lobby.

The room was very clean, we didn't find any bedbugs / etc. The towel also changed everyday (when the room was being made up). there's no weird smell too in the room. The aircon also worked properly.

For the price we paid, the location is the best!!! Very near (around 5mins walking) to ximending and ximen mrt station. Since we shop a lot, the location of the hotel is very effective and efficient. And another plus point, they had 7eleven nearby. So if u need sth, u just walk across the road and yes, you'll find your basic needs.

Both of the rooms that we booked last week were not too big and not too small. It just fits for 4prsons (family room) and 2 persons (double room). The bathroom separation is semi-transparant tho. The bed matress' is a little bit thin. But it's ok, we still had a good night sleep :) the rooms has free wifi too! I don't agree with people who said the wifi signal is weak, because they have different wifi on each floor! So you just can connect to the floor that you stayed in.

The service is good. Excellent perhaps. They have english speaking staffs, and they are really willing to help.

For the value, it was really worth it! I would stay here again if I planned to go to Taipei again :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ShantyJP
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel during my trip to Taipei. The reason why I chose this hotel was because it is located very near to the MRT and in the middle of the shopping district of Ximen. True enough it didn't disappoint. Finding the hotel was easy as we had to just walk a straight path down Chengdu Road from the MRT and reached within 5-10mins. Check in was quick, and the rooms are neat and clean with a fresh design. Toilet is considered huge too. Totally exceeded my expectations for the price I paid. Travelling is so easy as it is nearby the Ximen MRT station. There is a 7-11 opposite the hotel and shopping was easy as the all the shops are just within walking distance from the hotel in Ximending. Hotel staff are helpful when you ask them how to go about the places to visit in Taipei. Daily make up service for the rooms are also good, everything is replenished & towels changed. Wifi signal is available in the room but quite weak, had to go to the lobby on most occasions to use wifi. Only downside was the breakfast area, where there are very very limited seats. Had to wait for 15-20mins on one day when it was very crowded to get a seat. In short, if you are looking for a hotel with a good location for travelling and shopping, and at a budget price, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ianmah7
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed there for 1 night, arrived an hour late thanks to the foggy weather, was having a fun time trying to locate the lift, the lift was a bit small, but once we reached the reception floor, felt pretty good about it.

The reception area always have staff will smiling face ready to help, check in and out process was pretty quick <2 mins, room was pretty spacious (above my expectation) booked a double room with the 3 of us in the room and 3 huge language bags still have plenty of space to run around, the bathroom was nice and clean, have a mini bathtub water heather was functioning well, Air-Cond in good condition, a desktop at the reception area for you to use if you need a computer.

Even though my room was right next to the reception area didn’t really have any issue with noise.

As the hotel was actually in a shopping center so it is pretty easy to find your way back :P and since it’s directly located in xi men ding, you can just walk to all the places until late at night 

Room Tip: ask the local map from the reception their map covers ximen area in details and easy to follow :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family