My first time in Pig Home after getting recommendations from friends who have made this their base travelling within Taiwan. It is located above the HSR, MRT, THR, and main bus station. The Taipei West Bus Station is just across the road if you want to take a bus to North Taiwan.
I got really lost when trying to locate the meeting spot to get my keys to the room as the landmarks in the confirmation email sent had changed. This is the direction I took when I got off the HSR (with help of locals I met).
- Alight from the HSR and take the escalator up 1 floor.
- Follow signs that say "Civic Blvd"
- Follow "Civic Blvd" until it starts to show "K Underground Mall", "QSquare" or "Taipei Main Bus Station"
- If you follow signs that say "K Underground Mall" or "Taipei Main Bus Station", continue until you reach the sign "Qsquare"
- If you are following "QSquare", you will come across a sushi shop on your right. The sushi shop is those where you pick and choose your sushi, pay and leave. If you don't see the sushi shop, concentrate on the words "Qsquare" on the overhead boards.
- After the sushi shop, there will be a short flight of stairs on your left through a door. This door is normally kept open and it leads directly into Qsquare.
- Follow the crowds and you will see an escalator past a row of vending machines and colourful lockers. Take that escalator to the 1st floor and you will face Hsin Tung Yang ( 新東陽), Watson and Hi-Life convenience store.
- If you do not see the escalator, follow the sign which says "Taipei Main Bus Station", then look for Hsin Tung Yang or Watson.
- Call PigHome to pick you up.
The room comes with:
- Washing machine with washing powder. Great for long stays.
- Shampoo and bath gel
- Hair dryer
- Free wifi
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Filtered water from the tap
- Plates, chopsticks and cups
- Heater in the toilets
- In door slippers
- Security system so you can see who is ringing your door bell
House keeping comes every alternate day so be sure to keep your room clean. They do not replace the towels (do you wash your towels everyday at home?) and do minor cleaning like taking out the trash and cleaning the toilets. Since you are paying for a budget service apartment, you can't expect much. Nevertheless the rooms are cute, clean and you feel really comfortable here.
Security is great for the solo traveler as there is a 24 hour guard at the lobby, a key card that only accesses your floor and a password to enter your room. PigHome changes the password every time a guest checks out. The inconvenience of a single key card is that if you have more than 1 to a room then others will have to wait for whoever is holding the key card to come back.
You can keep your luggage with them if you are travelling out of Taipei and returning to the apartment after that. If you have more than 6 luggage, you have to pay NT200 for storage. It has airport transport service for a fee,
When you checkout, you have to call PigHome at least half an hour earlier to remind them and leave by noon. A staff will meet you at the lobby to return your deposit. If you leave later, NT150 will be charged for every half hour that you are late.
It's quite quiet at night as the apartments look like offices from the outside but you won't get banging doors or people walking down the hallway like other hotels.
After staying there for 6 nights, it is a great place to rest after a long day of exploring Taipei. If you are not on a budget and looking for time to spend in a hotel room or relax in a tub, you should look elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Pig` Home (`Minsu`) Hotel Taipei