“Convenient, budget stay in the heart of Taipei”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taipei
Pig' Home ('minsu')
Ranked #385 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My first time in Pig Home after getting recommendations from friends who have made this their base travelling within Taiwan. It is located above the HSR, MRT, THR, and main bus station. The Taipei West Bus Station is just across the road if you want to take a bus to North Taiwan.

I got really lost when trying to locate the meeting spot to get my keys to the room as the landmarks in the confirmation email sent had changed. This is the direction I took when I got off the HSR (with help of locals I met).

- Alight from the HSR and take the escalator up 1 floor.
- Follow signs that say "Civic Blvd"
- Follow "Civic Blvd" until it starts to show "K Underground Mall", "QSquare" or "Taipei Main Bus Station"
- If you follow signs that say "K Underground Mall" or "Taipei Main Bus Station", continue until you reach the sign "Qsquare"
- If you are following "QSquare", you will come across a sushi shop on your right. The sushi shop is those where you pick and choose your sushi, pay and leave. If you don't see the sushi shop, concentrate on the words "Qsquare" on the overhead boards.
- After the sushi shop, there will be a short flight of stairs on your left through a door. This door is normally kept open and it leads directly into Qsquare.
- Follow the crowds and you will see an escalator past a row of vending machines and colourful lockers. Take that escalator to the 1st floor and you will face Hsin Tung Yang ( 新東陽), Watson and Hi-Life convenience store.
- If you do not see the escalator, follow the sign which says "Taipei Main Bus Station", then look for Hsin Tung Yang or Watson.
- Call PigHome to pick you up.

The room comes with:
- Washing machine with washing powder. Great for long stays.
- Towels
- Shampoo and bath gel
- Hair dryer
- Free wifi
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Filtered water from the tap
- Plates, chopsticks and cups
- Heater in the toilets
- In door slippers
- Security system so you can see who is ringing your door bell

House keeping comes every alternate day so be sure to keep your room clean. They do not replace the towels (do you wash your towels everyday at home?) and do minor cleaning like taking out the trash and cleaning the toilets. Since you are paying for a budget service apartment, you can't expect much. Nevertheless the rooms are cute, clean and you feel really comfortable here.

Security is great for the solo traveler as there is a 24 hour guard at the lobby, a key card that only accesses your floor and a password to enter your room. PigHome changes the password every time a guest checks out. The inconvenience of a single key card is that if you have more than 1 to a room then others will have to wait for whoever is holding the key card to come back.

You can keep your luggage with them if you are travelling out of Taipei and returning to the apartment after that. If you have more than 6 luggage, you have to pay NT200 for storage. It has airport transport service for a fee,

When you checkout, you have to call PigHome at least half an hour earlier to remind them and leave by noon. A staff will meet you at the lobby to return your deposit. If you leave later, NT150 will be charged for every half hour that you are late.

It's quite quiet at night as the apartments look like offices from the outside but you won't get banging doors or people walking down the hallway like other hotels.

After staying there for 6 nights, it is a great place to rest after a long day of exploring Taipei. If you are not on a budget and looking for time to spend in a hotel room or relax in a tub, you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
14  Thank nilingzi

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Staying here during my last trip to Taipei on 2/Apr to 10/April/2012. This is my 2nd time staying at this Mingsu.

Like:-
1.) Very Convenience locations as it is attached to Taipei Main Station which you can access to HSR, MRT, Bus & Taxi easily.
2.) Fantabulous for Shopper. There is shopping center, Q-Square offer high end products just fewsmin walking distance. or you can ops for cheap & alots of cloth/shoes/toys at their underground Mall.
3.) Q-Square did have a food court which offer various Taiwan food. Taste is sper good + Price is affordable.

Dislike:-
1.) A little bit slow in replying e-mail
2.) The ceiling of their duplex unit is very low. i got knock on my head several times :(
3.) They only provide 1 'Chip' for you to access your room thru lift.
4.) Less choice of Breakfast shop nearby.

Room Tip: They did provide Airport transfer service with affordble charges, i always use their service as i do...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank WingsHeong
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My first time staying at Pig's Home. Rooms and location wise, it was a ideal choice. Nothing can beat the location as it is at Taipei Main Station which is so convenient for travellers to connect via mrt, railway train or hsr, especially those who are intending to travel out of Taipei. Other than transport convenience, it is also great that one can do last minute shopping with shops and food aplenty at the Taipei Main Station underground mall and Q Square!

Rooms are nice and well maintained, and for those who are on a long stay they can do their own cooking in the small kitchen and there is also a washing machine provided in the balcony. The bed is not as comfortable though, as the mattress is quite thin. The aircon in our room wasn't working too well; whenever we came back, it takes quite some time to cool the room. Security is good since you need your key card in order to press your level in the lift.

However, i find that the apartment is a tad too quiet for me, maybe i am too used to staying in hotels where one can hear guests going out and coming back. Especially if you come back late at night from shopping alone, it can be a little daunting. I guess i prefer some noise and 人气! :P

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank cookie25
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Having stayed at this service apartment, Taipei Pig home for 4 nights during my last trip to Taipei, I can only give praise to the benefits it brings. First of all, it is situated just at the hub of the city, right above Taipei Main Station and next to Q square shopping mall. Also, you will pass by a 24-hours Hi-life convenience store every in and out from this apartment, this is good for you to grab anything you need right before returning to your room to rest. The room I opted for was Nuan Nuan (暖暖), very spacious with king size bed, shoe cabinet, huge wardrobe space, bar counter, refrigerator, kitchen and a washing machine at the balcony. This is not a hotel so do not expect daily housekeeping service; thrash will be taken out on alternate days and no towel changes since they provide washing machine. I will stay with them again If I visit Taipei.

Good to know:
Deposit is required to secure room booking and outstanding charges are to be settled by cash upon check in. However, if you want to pay by credit card, they could issue Paypal invoice with an additional 5% of total charges and transaction has to be done online.

Among the advantages staying/engaging with them:
- From Taipei Main Station, any attraction can be easily accessible by MRT
- Airport transfer can be arranged at NTD900
- Driver for a day tour to Yehliu Geological park, Jiufen Old Street, Shifen waterfall, PingSi, JinGuaShi gold ecological park and any scenic area along the route can be booked at NTD3,500 (A full day 9-5 tour)
- Room charges per night at NTD1,800 (I find this reasonable given the location and convenience)
- For any additional/customized request, can just write in to them at a0913337379@yahoo.com.tw

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Jeanye
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed @ the pig'shome apartment for 3 nites end Nov. Was told the rm service is only Mon,Wed, Fri. But we were shocked that the room svc is only clearing yr rubbish and putting yr bedsheets back in place. Towels are not changed and rooms are not vacuum/sweep or clean at all. The dirts on e floor still remain where they are, quite a disappointment on this. The only gd pt for this place is e location, as its jus above e Taipei main station, which is convenient, and with shopping and food easily available.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ilovemilk
Reviewed November 13, 2011

just came back from taiwan, stayed 3 nights at 威尼斯 themed room on the 13th floor, single storey, with 2 double beds and view of yangmingshan in the distance. priced at NT2700 per night.

of the 2 beds, 1 was a average thickness foam mattress not a full bodied mattress you usually find. but it was still sleepable.

stayed a further 4 nights at 舒舒服服 themed room on the 14th floor, with double stories and 2 double beds, priced at NT2500 per night. the second mattress this time was a even thinner foam mattress, kind of disappointing, but surprisingly we slept quite alright on it.

weirdly enough, we were suppose to get the 蓝海 themed room, instead it became 舒舒服服, i have no idea why there was a switch.

you have a key tap to activate the elevator for the building and a number password to open the apartment door. 24hrs security post at the lobby. covered underground passage way from the taipei main station/MRT station thru to Q square mall[京站] and into the apartment block [block C].

the apartment block is actually part of the Taipei Bus Station [台北转运站]. Hi-life at the Bus station lobby, which is just a few steps from the apartment.

7-11 and Macs are available just across the road from 华影街 hua ying street.

apartments are cleared by the inhouse crew every alternate days, i believe.

you can deposit luggage with them for a minimal fee of NT100 per piece, if you intend to venture inter-state.

towels and toiletries are included.

Room Tip: try not to squeeze everyone into a room to save cost, the rooms arent very big. especially if you ar...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Issa5
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Basically it's not a 'minsu', but a daily rental service apartment.

Location:
Excellent location. It is located in the same building with Qsquare Mall (京站商场) and Taipei Bus Station (台北转运站) while situated opposite of Taipei Main Station 台北车站 (Taipei train station). MRT and High Speed Rail (HSR) can be connected via underpass (5-10mins). Since everything is connected, it did confuse me the first time I reached this huge hub, but direction signboard is everywhere, and floor map of the building is at almost every corner, so it's not a big problem. Furthermore, Taiwanese is very friendly, you can just ask someone when you're confuse. Another great advantage of this staying place is that, I won't need to worry about the rain outside when I travel back to Taipei Main Station using HSR, MRT or train (weather of Taipei is quite unpredictable: sunny this minute, and it may start raining the next minute). I'm glad that I book this place because my parent can't afford to walk for long distance to and fro MRT station few times a day especially during bad weather.

This staying place is great for those who like to shop. Because there're 2 underground mall (Taipei City Mall 台北地下街 & Zhongshan Metro Mall 中山地下街) connecting via Taipei Main Station. My parent still can shop for cheap clothes, handbags even there's thunder storm outside.

Price:
My family and I (total of 4 pax) stayed in 书书福福, which costs us NTD 2500 (weekday) & NTD 2800 (weekend). We stayed for 6 nights. The total amount I need to pay is NTD 15600, but I got a 10% discount because I went to Taipei for my pre-wedding photoshoot. (Please note that they give discounts for some cases like: trip to Taiwan because of taking pre-wedding photo-shoot; room guest whose birthday falls within the staying period; expecting mother who stay in their room, etc). I think there're some more, but I only can remember these 3. For room-discounts and room inquiries, do contact them (send me a PM and I can give you their email and contact number).
For me, I think the price for a quadruple room like this (great location, nice room condition) is very reasonable.

Room:
This is a room with 2 double beds, there is a sofa bed too for those who would like to increase the number of pax staying-in. In-room facilities provided: washing machine and detergent, clothes-hanger, mini-fridge, electric kettle, water jug, cups, small bowls, plates, chopsticks, spoon, electric stove for cooking (room guests can require for cooking utensils, and basic spices for cooking if they wish to cook. We didn't use this facilities since we didn't intend to cook.), tea-bag and coffee, flat screen TV, free wifi, hair-dryer, slippers. Toiletries like toothpaste and toothbrush are provided upon request and room guests will need to pay for it. But they do provide towel, and face towel (free but upon request when we make room-booking), cotton bud and dental floss, shampoo and body shampoo (free).

Security and privacy:
This service-apartment is maintained with high security. There is a 24-hour security guard at the lobby of service-apartment. A token-shaped cip was given to us. It was actually used to scan in the lift before we can press the number of floor we're staying (apartment residents/ room guest can only reached the floor they're staying-in). The apartment/ room is locked with a password security system. We need to key in the password to enter our room. The door will be automatically lock once it's closed. The cons of this 'high security system' is: there was once, my parent went back to the room earlier than my bf and I to get rest. By the time my bf and I reached the apartment lobby, we need to use cell phone to call my parent to ask them to come down to the lobby to get us up because we don't have the lift-cip with us. Going down to the lobby is ok, because we don't need to use the lift-cip to scan before pressing '1' to the lobby, but going up -- ya, you need the lift-cip. ^_^

House-keeping service & cleanliness :
Rooms are only cleaned on Mon, Wed & Fri. Even though they come to clean our room, but we found that towels will only be changed if we place the dirty towels in the basket they prepared. The room is well-maintained and clean.

Admin & Service Level:
They replied my email promptly and no problem communicating through email. But for urgent cases and immediately room-inquiries and booking, best to call them. Check-in time is 4pm and check out time is 12pm. They do allow room guests to leave their luggage with them before check-in time/ after check-out, just notify them. Please take note that no 24-hours reception counter, so need to inform them at least 20 mins before the time you wish to check-out (if check-out during office hour); if you wish to check out early in the morning (eg. before 7am, like we did to go to Cingjing), we informed them a day before and they asked us to leave the lift-cip in the room, and they'll collect it later.

They do provide airport transfer service. Fee will be differ according to the types of cars you require and number of pax.
After staying for 3 nights, we went to Cingjing on the 4th day, and stayed a night there before heading back to Taipei again. Since we have decided to continue our stay at this daily rental service apartment for the second leg of our stay, we request for luggage-keeping when we were away. And they generously agreed to do so without any charges. ^_^ But now their new policy is that room guest can leave their luggage with them with a cost of NTD100/ luggage/ day (regardless of size).
(If you think this is too pricy, you can go to Taipei Railway Station Carry-on Baggage Centre 台北車站行李託運中心, which is about 100m away from East 3 exit of Taipei Main Station (Railway station). It will only costs you NTD17/ luggage/ day (regardless of size). It's really cheap, but the disadvantage is, the office hour is from 7am-8pm. So, if you need to rush for early train/ bus or HSR, then this is not your option.)

Payment:
For my case, I paid NTD2000 + NTD90 (admin charges) through Paypal to confirm my booking. Another NTD1000 need to be paid as deposit and it was refunded upon my check-out. For those who need to check-out early before office hour, they'll return your NTD1000 deposit back to your Paypal account.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family