“Beautiful hotel with excellent service”

Grand View Resort Beitou
Ranked #28 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Taipei
“Beautiful hotel with excellent service”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Beautiful new hot springs hotel. The indoor hot springs are meticulously clean and beautiful with lovely private views of the mountain. The staff is topnotch from the valet to the concierge to the restaurants. We were greeted with genuine kind smiles and courteous service. There was a little snag which the hot springs concierge promptly resolved for us. Ms. Nana Hsiao was so kind and thoughtful that she made our anniversary celebration that much more memorable. This was our third visit to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I booked a hot spring room for me and wife on the 23/7/14. I must said the speed and attention given to my initial reservation met my expectation. Kiwi Tsai responded to my enquiry and even emailed me all the necessary info.
Just before the scheduled date, typhoon has landed in Taiwan. I emailed Kiwi to check whether it is alright to go ahead. She advised me to change the date but I was quite determine to go ahead. On the actual day, eventhough Kiwi was on her off day, she guided me to the hotel, where to wait for the shuttle bus and the number to call if I have any problems.
Being a hotelier myself, I was very impressed with her caring services.
On the whole, we have enjoyed ourselves and I would strongly recommend this resort to anyone who wish to have a relaxing time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clementalice
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for a night after travelling around south Taiwan. It is not cheap compared to the other hot spring resorts in the area but we saw why once we entered the lobby. This is by far the nicest looking hot spring hotel we've stayed at. Located farther from the rest but not a problem because there's a free shuttle just outside of the subway station. The area is much more private and relaxed. Our room was facing the lush green hill and had more amenities than you can ask for. First round of the mini bar was free and it had a good selection of beverages and snacks. The in room hot spring with the cold tub was of course the spotlight of the room. It was absolutely perfect. For dinner we chose the chinese restaurant and ordered from the a la carte menu. Every single dish was delicious and portioned generously. The buffet breakfast has a good selection as well. All of the staff on sight were friendly and helpful. Grand View Betitou was definitely worth very penny.

Room Tip: There was a little construction going on nearby when we were there. Luckily our room wasn't faci...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary N
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I attend a wedding dinner in this hotel. At first the couples have an outdoor ceremony with cocktails and desserts. And then we have a banquet at B4 floor. Overall, the dishes are rich, the wedding secretary and staff service properly. It's an efficient wedding I have never attended. This must be attributed to the hotel staff.
It is a good choice for wedding if you don't mind the traffic issue.

Room Tip: higher floors have good mountain view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

If you look for a quiet hotel with spa facility for a short break, look no further. This hotel provides first class service and in room experience. The best of all is its spa facility.

I called the front desk to open an accidentally locked room safe. The staff was at my door step within 5 minutes and solved my problem in another 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Rooms have good view as the hotel is at the peak of the hill.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Good_Partner
Walnut, California
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I loved my stay at GVRB. I came here with some business associates as one of our last stops before returning back to America. This resort follows a business model unlike anywhere else I've been to and that's their policy regarding the snacks & beverages in your room. Basically no matter where you go, even if it's the Playboy Suite in Vegas, the mini-fridge will be charged if you take anything from there. At GVRB, EVERYTHING is inclusive, so all those high-grade loose leaf teas, drinks, snacks, etc. are all free inside your room. The resort also delivers you some free sake and it just makes a customer feel great.

The rooms are all nice. My associates and I didn't stay at the best of the best room, but for the price we paid, our suite was well worth it. The room had a separate cold & hot springs tub and the view on the balcony was very calming & nice. They also have a bottom floor where there's a community pool, and separate male & female hot spring areas. When I went, the community pool was empty and the male hot spring area only had about 3 people inside. It was pure heaven. Oh, one thing I found out, every day they switch the sides for males & females, so for example, if you stay 2 nights, your first & second nights at the hot springs will be in different areas. Since I was only able to stay one night, the area that I went to wasn't big at all. Two larger pools, a very small hot & cold pool and a hot & dry sauna. They also had a beverage dispensary in case you wanted to make yourself a tea and enjoy the hot spring. There's also a lounging room before and after you enter these hot springs where they offer free snacks & beverages; definitely a great place to stop by before heading out.

The breakfast was also included, so I didn't expect much but their breakfast was surprisingly very satisfying for being free. The breakfast dining area oversees the other side of the resort, which is all green trees & forests, very calming. Oh, there's also an area downstairs where you can rent movies and books for free during your stay!

The whole experience was wonderful, it was more of a retreat than anything and for the price, it was well worth it. Now here's a secret I'm sure the staff will hate me for revealing. The resort states that there are only 5 floors. In reality, there are actually about 6-7 floors. The very best rooms are on the top, but how do you get there? Having a TripAdvisor sticker showing your status helps, otherwise they'll deny it. ;)

Room Tip: As always, the higher up, the better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Traveling with a 18 month toddler is always a challenge. While the hotel has no kid's play rooms, the hotel was able to provide the basic necessities such as bottle steamer, bath tub and crib and was very accommodating to kid's needs. Rooms are very big and comes with the private hot spring baths in the bedroom. Children under 12 are not allowed inside the public hot spring areas which is well mantained and extremely relaxing. The outside pool is small but very clean. Unfortunately, the plot of land next to the hotel is under construction for the next two years, meaning the scenary is obstructed sometimes by construction noise and cranes. However, they hotel immediately granted our room change when we voiced concern about the noise and the dust from the construction to a view facing the mountains. We tried the French Restaurant which had a magnificent view and service was excellent. The food presentation was very appealing and garnished well but the cuisine was too salty for our taste buds. Overall, the hotel staff is very friendly and really go out of their way to make us feel at home, if the food improves and the construction concluded (another 2 years), I would definately revisit.

Room Tip: Make sure your rooms are not facing the construction site
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family