“A relaxing stay”

Grand View Resort Beitou
Ranked #34 of 570 Hotels in Taipei
“A relaxing stay”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I had a booking via a on-line booking agent. To avoid any problem, I sent an email to confirm with the hotel, and got back their reply within 5 minutes. My further email enquiry on transportation matters received their immediate attention. I appreciate so much of their quick attention to guest's emails.

The place is superb. Quiet, elegant and relaxing surroundings. You can have nothing to complain when you get into your beautiful room with all the free amenities, drinks, and snacks provided. Excellent!

The service of the reception, shuttle and front of house staff is excellent and courteous. The staff there were caring, warm, and very thoughtful.

We arrived early before the check-in time and they have a polite staff offered to lead us to have some snack and coffee in the free lounge to wait for our room and tour the hotel facilities. Excellent and thoughtful service.

The food, though, is on the expensive side, and the staff in the place for breakfast was not as warm as the other staff. Same problem for the ones handling the onsen registration. But I must say that they are courteous, but just not so warm to the guests only.

They have a discount for hotel guests for use of the spa service. I chose one, and really enjoyed that after a dip in the onsen. I really felt that it was so relaxing and refreshing.

I would definitely recommend this place to any one who likes to find a refreshing and relaxing place to slow down and enjoy life out of the hetic schedule in a trip.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed in Beitou a couple of times and this one to us is much better than the Spring Hotel as the rooms are big and the hot spring bathtub inside the room is also very nice. We stayed here for 3 nights wiht our 2 year old child, the hotel is new and some taxi driver may not know but its just about 1 min drive further from the Spring Hotel. The free DVD borrow facility, daily fresh fruits and desserts, the nice high chair and high quality baby cot shows that this hotel is of high quality. The room and hotel area looks the same as what is on the website, so you should be happy with it.

Staff were friendly and tried to accomodate our needs. The weather was very cold during our stay and one of the room's air conditioner cannot be switch to heat mode but they managed to bring us a heater to keep the room warm.

Unfortuantely, it rain all 3 days when we were there, if the hotel can add a little bit of children facility, it would be better for family with children. They have a roomy relax area which I think they may be able to utilize as kids area because I think the utilisation is quite low in that room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
South Pole
Reviewed December 23, 2011

The Grand View Resort Beitou is a stunning new 5-star resort located in the suburbs of Taipei in the Beitou hot springs resort area.

Simply put, this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in (and I've stayed in quite a few!) The management here gets it right and the attention to detail in the room, amenities, service and facilities is superb. This resort fuses the concept of relaxation and hot springs throughout the property, not just in the spa.

The room is the most impressive aspect of the hotel. It comes with everything you would expect from a luxury hotel: a very comfortable bed, large bathroom etc, but it is the extra details which make it special. Every room comes with two deep soaking, Japanese style stone baths with water piped in directly from the underground hot springs and views from large picture windows overlooking the mountains and valley below. The spa resort concept is extended to the toiletries where you receive special facial masks and lotions in addition to the usual shampoo/conditioner and shower gels. The minibar is also complimentary and comes with European mineral waters (San Pellegrino and Perrier), some desserts and mixed nuts which were mostly almonds and cashews. In the evening turn down service, a complimentary bottle of excellent Umeshu is provided which was great to go with the bath. Each room comes with a CD of relaxing music to play while soaking in the tub and traditional Taiwanese PJ's as well. The Japanese toilet was amazing with a display console that does everything for you. Everything from lifting the seat to closing it happens a the push of a button!

The decor is beautiful and I couldn't help commenting on how much I liked the furniture, the hardwood flooring, the stone accents on the walls and the general feel of relaxation of the aesthetic.

The service was correspondingly excellent. The butlers went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and even the housekeeping staff were always sure to greet us extremely courteously. When we arrived early for our reservation, they walked us to the spa lounge for us to wait there instead of the lobby while they were readying our room.

The resort comes with two restaurants, one European, one Chinese. We only ate at the Chinese restaurant where multiple-course set menus are the standard. The food quality was very good. As for facilities, while you don't need to leave your room for a hot springs bath, there are large group baths for guests by the spa and a pool.

While the Grand View Resort is not cheap, considering the amenities received, I felt it was extremely good value for money. This is not your average 5-star hotel! I felt it was worth every penny and my stay here was the highlight of my trip to Taiwan. This is one of the few hotels I've stayed in where I've really wanted to come back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tanagan
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world and this new hotel is one of my top five favorites. If you want to relax after a busy day, I can't think of anywhere better to crash.

Start by popping the Zen CD into the premium sound system to set the mood. Then maybe light the candle on your private deck overlooking the city and watch the lights twinkle in the distance.

There's a choice of full robe in the closet with comfy slippers, or you could opt for the two piece pj's on your bed. Oh, and that little carafe on a tray on your bed isn't just for looks. Its full of some nice beverage - I'm guessing it was a rice wine perhaps.

Ready now for the deep relax? There are two soaking pools in your extended bathroom. One with just cool water and the other with piping hot mineral water from the underground springs. A separate cold water tap enables you to adjust the temperature to just the right level.

Inside, there's also a full size shower, but based on the mineral content in the spring water, it's not necessary to shower after the hot spring bath.

The toilet is one of Toto's best - with heated seat, bidet sprayers and a warm air drying fan. If you've never experienced Toto toilets, you'll hate going back to your plastic-seated toilet at home. Fabulous comfort.

Went downstairs for dinner at the in-hotel restaurant and had a fantastic meal. Afterwards, before returning to the room, I stopped in the lending library where you could borrow CD's, DVD's and a collection of coffee table books.

In the morning before checking out, I wandered down to the exercise facility and discovered my newest favorite piece of exercise equipment - a bull riding machine. Sit down in the saddle, turn it on and and get jostled every which direction. No work, just movement. Priceless.

This place is not inexpensive (US$300+), but if you can afford it, you'll be treated to some of the best amenities found anywhere in an urban hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 602 - great view of the mountains and the city, overlooking the pool but very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank TravelWriterDB
Chicago
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This is a new and modern hotel. LCD TVs, heated toilet seats and auto-bidets... well you get the idea of how new and modern this is. The room is clean and big. There is a private spa bath area in the room too. The hot spring water is channeled into the private spa. The butlers here are attentive, good looking and speaks good english. This is a place for a romantic hideaway that is well, not too far from the city and just about far from the crowds. This is the place to impress the girl and score. I scored so many times *LoL*

Room Tip: Not sure how to choose a good room because I think every room is good...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank BigHorse
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The hotel is very nice. However, when we received our bills, we found the cost is 25% higher than the agreed upon room rate. The hotel manager added additional fees to our bill as service fees and weekend surcharge. Be aware of hidden charges!!!!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
15 Thank NYC375
Shanghai
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Staff was extremely attentive the moment the four of us walked in the door. Grand View has recently opened and not a lot of foreigners have visited yet. We enjoyed the in-room hot spring tub and the contemporary decor. The outdoor pool is small but since it was just us using it the one day we had time that was fine too. It is not really a family resort but since our kids don't really like kids clubs etc. it worked great. Though we used to live in Peitou (Taipei) we needed some information and the staff was right on it. My husband loved the eggs benedict that we got for breakfast - I would have liked more berries, fruits and müesli though yoghurt, kiwi and the little fruit juices were nice too. The restaurant was a bit slow on the in-room dining but food was good once it arrived!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family