“My 1st experience and the last!”

Osteria by Angie (Guangfu shop)
Ranked #367 of 12,646 Restaurants in Taipei
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Osteria serves truly authentic Italian cuisine , cooked with passion by chef and co-owner Giorgio Pappalardo. Osteria offer a sleek and simplistic interior that comprises a surprising element which encourages social interaction with a brand new dining concept. Focusing on communal dining, dishes at Osteria come in sharing portions so guests can enjoy an informal dining experience and sample more tantalizing creations by the chef.
“My 1st experience and the last!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

atmosphere- if u make a booking for 2, prepare urself to dine with another 2 strangers because the tables are sooo closed to each other. Guess what? the guest next to me spilled her water, on thier table, on the floor between our table, on my feet and even on my friend's seat!
service- 1st of all, ur staff lack of knowledge of the f&b that u're selling. 2nd, please make sure that ur staff knows the steps of service, for example, I only got my bread after the salad and app were half way done. 3rd and the worst, they just let the table that been spilled next to us unclean. The guests finished their dessert just like that! Guess where our napkins were? We helped them cleaned without the staff getting us another clean ones. The only thing we could do was taking out our own tissues!
value- I don't mind to spend much more money, but ur food are not worth of the price.
food- overall disappointed! As u might think that Taiwanese don't know about western cuisine, and which u are totally wrong. Go to other countries and try the Italian restaurants there and make some change!
overall- I was looking forward to dining there though I knew the comments on tripadvisor mostly negative. Ur pictures on the website attracted me and the reputation of being selected of Asain's 101 best restaurants. Well it's time to make reflections!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank ElleChiang

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
“Amazing Italian in Taipei”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The most polite staff serving real deal Italian in a wonderful setting. Beautiful room, beautiful food. One of the best filets we've ever had anywhere - melt in your mouth good.??the prawns were out of sight. Desert was homemade and amazing. Get the sampler. Head chef is from Florence and available to chat.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RK O
“義大利廚師不懂義大利菜?”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

高檔價位及裝潢,供應三流食物。低估台灣人對義大利菜的認知。去了兩次,都很失望,以為終於有了好吃的義式料理,但都敗興而歸。
Hello, Angie, you might as well take off your name! Or take off?

• Visited June 2013
O.C., California
“Service does not reflect the price..”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Nice atmosphere in an up and coming chic area of Da Zhi, Taipei. Walking in the hostess was very friendly but lacked just that tad of professionalism. A restaurant trying to achieve four star rating, they lacked in staff experience. The linens were old and ragged, our waiter albeit very nice and friendly seemed very nervous and inattentive. We had two bottles of house reds which came to over NTD4000. When we finished the first bottle our server only removed one my friend's glass but never offered to check if we would like another bottle. Food was very average to below... I was actually quite disappointed in their risotto. I had the risotto funghi and my friend had the ox tail. Mine was over cooked, under flavored, her dish was under cooked, no flavor. It actually looked more like creamy polenta yet tasted like under cooked rice. And yes I do know what risotto should taste like. The only dish truly great was the Caprese salad. The fresh buffalo mozzarella was delicious with a modern addition of avocado slices. The house reds were very nice as well but maybe slightly over priced for house. To sum things up the service and food was not worth the price paid. Ambience was nice but is always only the cherry on top for restaurants, the food should always be the main focal point. Try Danny and Company one or two streets across.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank happyme899
Singapore, Singapore
“Best Western Food we had in Taipei”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The food at Osteria was top class. It is more expensive than the normal restaurant but the food is of very high quality. Some of the staff were a bit weak in English but they were very professional and others spoke good English

Visited February 2013