“Solid value, reliable service”

Edison Travel Service - Taipei Day Tour
$45.00*
Taipei Half-Day City Tour
Ranked #12 of 105 Tours in Taipei
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used half day Taipei tour and 5 days around the island tour and both of them are very organzied and deliver everything they offered.
Good:
1) great value. It is difficult to arrange hotels, bus/train travel with English speaking guide in a foreign country. Since this is an off season (yet this island climate is more or less the same, a bit less heat right now) they reduced price for 5 days tour to a bit over 500$. This includes 2 nights stay at truly world class 5 stars hotels (fluer de chine hotel in beautiful Sun Moon Lake and Taroko Silks Place hotel in national park area) and 2 more nights at 4 stars (claimed to be 5 stars by their own standard, more individual review will come) with very good, expended breakfast buffets. Of course travel agency must have deep discount but you, as individual visitors can not book in those hotels without spending much more than that.
2) tour guides are very knowledgeable and have very good time management skills as well. Plenty of time to enjoy those 5 stars hotel since check in time is around 5pm on those days. Expect to spend good amount of time at Buddhist temples on first two days of 5 days tour if you are a non Asian visitor or your focus is more on sightseeing, nature etc. Adequate rest room break and snack time are given at highway visitor centers and small towns during the day. Never feel rashed but firm departure time is announced at each break.
3) Taiwanese tour definitely has more culture and i am pretty impressed with my half day tour where tour guide spent almost one and half hour at rather tiny but gem of the tour "national palace museum"; first tour guide gave us a brief tour of the museum and after that there was almost one hour to explore on your own. This is way better than those infamous Chinese tours in United States where their sole intention is to get off the bus, take a few pictures in front of US landmark and leave (of course those tours are also cheap).

Thing could improve:
- Edison tour should tell us ahead about a change in plan, i.e. highspeed train on last day of 5 days tour back to Taipei because of road damage. It was fun to taste Taiwan high speed train but it was not so funny to those Asian visitors who carry multiple big bags for the trip.

9  Thank bigboy61455

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I recently visited Taipei from my trip to Bhutan. I purchased two day tours from Edison Travel Service using tour vouchers I pre-purchased here in the United States. The tour bus of the Edison Travel Service does not pick up guests from hotels outside Taipei. Since my hotel is located in Banciao district, I needed to take the MRT from my hotel to the hotel where they will pick up guests which is close to the Taipei Main Train Station. It was a bit of a hassle during the first day tour since I needed to know how to get around. Thanks to the MRT which was just a minute away from my hotel and very reliable transportation in Taiwan. All went smoothly during the second day tour since I've learned quickly how to get by. This was not a surprise for me since Edison Travel Service has informed me about this ahead, which was good instead of all being surprise.

The tour bus provided was alright with reasonable seating capacity. The tourist bus was not packed with tourists the season I visited Taipei (Dec. 22-25, 2012) have plenty of seats to move around. The tour guides were knowledgeable, specially Mr. Walters who was the tour guide during my second day tour to the Chiufen Village and Northeast Coast. He was excellent and he deserved a fat tip.

Overall, I am satisfied with the service, but make sure to ask for the specific location of the hotel pick-up if your hotel is not within their area of tourist pick up.

Have fun in traveling and be safe!

iSwim iTravel

2  Thank Swim_butterfly
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We got the Edison Tours for our Taipei half day city tour and Chuifen Village and Northeast coastal tour. Mr. Thomas was the tour guide for Chuifen, he speaks fluent English and very knowledgable about the attractions. There were 6 of us on the Chuifen tour which is just the right size for me. For the city tour we had Mr.Jack as our tour guide. He was also good and knowledgeable about the city and the attractions but was always in a hurry to go to the next spot that we were not able to take more pictures of the attractions.

I think Edison groups their clients according to their languages. Overall I like the tour size and the knowledge the guides have shared to us. Thanks Edison Tours!

2  Thank myralakwatsera
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was bored in Taiwan and moved to USA when I was 14 years old. My husband (American) and I visited Taiwan Oct. 2011. We had a great time. The English tour was great, the tour guy was very knowledgable about the culture and history, very nice guy and make our trip very memorable. Our one week bus ride tour took us all around Taiwan, we see a lot in a short week. Sun-moon lake is amazing. It's a great tour and very reasonably priced.

6  Thank MeTravel-1
Reviewed September 29, 2012

As a solo english speaking traveller I found the Edison Tours an excellent fit and reasonably priced. No trouble booking as the front desk staff at the Khotel did it for me. I did the tour to the Northeast Coast that includes a drive by Keelong harbor, (a stop would have been nice) Zhongzheng Park stop with a chance to walk around and see the beautiful view of all of Keelung and the harbor, see the magnificent Budda and Godess of Mercy Statue and the Zhuptan Temple ,then to Yehliu Geo Park on the Pacific Ocean with wonderful sandstone and limestone rock formations that take on all sizes and shapes, including the famous Queen's Head. I enjoyed the trip throughly even on a hot muggy August day, however I would have liked it if on the way there or back we would have stopped at some or atleast one of the car parl look out areas of the coast. Guide was knowledgeable and peronsable on the way but the reurn drive boring. One could continue information about what we were passing, even tidbits about Taiwan. Overall great value , small group, we had nine in our van and all english speakers but from various parts of the world. I liked the company so much I did another tour to Wulai

7  Thank OriginalBookmaven