“Simply the Best!”

Ranked #4 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at! The staff Henry, Ruby and everyone right from breakfast room to reception to the cleaning staff in the alley is extremely courteous and cheerful. They remind me of the Sanskrit proverb " Ateethi debo Bhava" - roughly translated as "Guest is like God" meaning you show similar respect to guests as you to your God!

The hotel is scrupulously clean! The rooms have a contemporary look, comfortable and adequately sized with separate shower and W.C cubicles. They breakfast buffet offers many western and eastern choices catering to both vegetarians and non-vegetarians and this means a lot to us since my partner is vegetarian.

The closest metro is 15 minutes walking and if you are not in a mood to walk then there are many a buses that you can take right outside the hotel. There are quite a few restaurants near the hotel or you can take a 20 min bus ride to shilin night market or shilin station and eat at one of the many street stalls.

You can always consult the hotel staff before heading out and they will go out of their way to help you and never without a smile. They helped us book an early morning taxi to the airport for a good price.

In short if you are planning a trip to Taipei just stay at Dandy :)

1  Thank Bombay8
Liane L, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

All of our hotel staff were extremely delighted when I brought this review to them. Thank you so much for taking your precious time to write such an encouraging review for us.

The most cheerful thing was to know that you enjoyed all the service and facilities we provided. I also appreciated your highlight on the room cleanness and breakfast service. Our chefs always improve the menu to ensure that the food we serve is both delicious and healthy. Your compliment definitely made their effort meaningful and full of happiness.

Thank you again for this comment. We all look forward to your stay on your next trip to Taipei.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was a wet and frigid afternoon that I stepped into this hotel. Everything else was warm from here on. The doorman was totally helpful, helping us with our luggage. That was nothing special since all hotels do that right? Well, his came with an expanded job scope of getting tea and biscuits for you while you wait for your room. There were also free Internet kiosk for you to while your time away waiting for the 3pm check-in.

The front desk staff were also all smiles and tremendously helpful. When they knew we were checking out the next day, they enquired if we wanted to book their private car to the airport. NT1200. Frankly, the price we paid for our taxi to Taipei when we first arrived came up to about the same price. So take it. They also provide this service for inbound passengers.

The room looked new and well maintained. They even upgraded us to the family suite which we welcomed with wide open arms. They also showed high level of thoughtfulness - International electrical adapters on the wall for all kinds of plugs and wired cable socket for laptop Internet usage (very useful). Complimentary food include Doritos, and canned drinks found within the fridge (Good if they have a little note to tell us from the start that these were complimentary, especially the canned drinks as other hotels would have levied a charge).

The view wise was a thumbs down. I was looking out to another building's window in very close proximity. Also, there was no door knob or handle for the emrgency exit found within the room. We were a little concerned that someone could come in from the outside.

The hotel's breakfast area was something that I'd enjoyed. The food was presentable and what was great was the violinist who serenade the crowd while they feast. Once again, I'm happy with their attention to details and the wonderful chic feel.

I've read about the inconvenience of the hotel. Frankly speaking, distance is relative. If you're planning to go into town often, i.e. Taipei main station, etc, then this may not be the best hotel in terms of location. This hotel however makes it easy for you to visit places such as shilin night market, tamshui, and the National Palace Museum. If you intend on taking the metro, it's a bit of a walk. Still, if you have the time, do that. My wife and I found wonderful beef noodles shop and further down the road, a red bean dessert shop.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Adrian P
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review after your stay at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch. I am very happy to know you enjoyed our service and appreciate for the overall positive rating for the hotel.

It is the best reward for us to receive such generous and kind compliments from our guest. Your comments have been shared with the entire team and shall go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service.

Thank you once again for your compliments and we hope to welcome you back to Dandy Hotel - Tiamnu Branch very soon!

Phoebe Chang, Supervisor

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is really one of the best hotel ever stayed. People are very courteous, helpful and friendly.
Rooms are big, clean and spotless as the bathrooms. Huge shower and very modern.
Breakfast buffet has it all.
If I come back to Taipei, we'll definitively stay here again..
Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PeggyHsiao, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your support to Dandy Hotel Tianmu and it is so happy that you have such good feedback to us. You are absolutely welcomed. We are looking forward to seeing you next. Hope to see you soon.

Peggy Hsiao, Supervisor

Reviewed March 21, 2013

stayed here with my husband and son from the 27th February to the 1st March. when we arrived it was pouring down with rain but one of the receptionist was out in a flash with umbrellas to help us. I had been in contact with Liane Lee as we had originally been booked to stay at the hotel last September for our anniversary but through illness was unable to travel. Liane gave us a free upgrade and had a couple of bottles of bubbly waiting for us. Even without these the stay was fantastic. The breakfast is great the choice and variety was excellent whats more on the first morning we came down to breakfast it was a bank holiday and the hotel had gotten a very talented young man to entertain guests, he sang and played the violin and I felt I could not have chosen a better time to be there.
The taxi driver the hotel called to take us to the night market not only refused the tip we tried to give him but also told us of a light show on for just one week to celebrate Chinese new year it was the most beautiful display with the year being that of the snake there was a huge colorful one breathing smoke only he looked too beautiful to be menacing.
The staff were all very polite and helpful, thank you so much to the guys on the reception who helped us with the washing machines when we did our laundry at about 1am after being out and about until late into the night. The hotel does a fine job of providing things for their guest and the complimentary items are of very good quality.
The rooms are lovely, comfortable, clean and modern and I found the hotel quite close to the necessary transportation in fact if we had known before hand we would have taken the train from the airport. there is a carrefour just near the Zhongshan MRT that had some good bargains.
I was surprised when before we left Liane came to say hello and wish us all the best. My only regret is that we did not stay longer.

Room Tip: the rooms we had were on the fifth floor and they were both excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BthereCthere

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice for your family’s first trip to Taiwan.

Nothing can cheer us more than knowing that you spent a wonderful time in our hotel through this review. It indeed was my honor to welcome you with a little surprise which you really enjoyed. I also felt regret that you did not stayed more days here this time. We all look forward to your next trip to Taipei and staying with us again, so that we can share more information about interesting attractions with you.

Hopefully you will enjoy this area as much as we have.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was planned for a free and easy taipei trip with my mum and sister, 6 days 5 nights so my target hotel is a middle class hotel and nearby city. I had consider 2 hotel which are suggested by friends. Long stay hotel and Dandy. After compare price, location and facility, I choose dandy because of the clean and nice hotel photo view. Price is just slightly higher than long stay. After place booking through their website, I had request to change room type and pick up service. They had attended to my request on time and even called me few times to confirm. First time I have good impression to this hotel before stay in.
The first sight to this hotel is cleanliness, exquisite, and comfortably. Just look exactly like photos posted on their website. Second fabulous point is their breakfast. Definitely there are variety choice of breakfast on the street, what I want to mentioned is the small but freshen environment and nice breakfast. They will change the dishes every morning. And they have 24 hours prepare drink and cookies on the breakfast bar. Every staff in the hotel are friendly and very helpful which make my free and easy trip very smooth and easy. Their warmest greetings and hospitably make me feel warm and happy. Finally I have to say what I got is far away beyond what I pay for. I will choose dandy again if I have a chance to go taipei again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank EugeneYeo85
Liane L, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We deeply appreciated your good comments about Dandy Hotel Tianmu and we are happy that we’d brought you good memories to your Taipei trip.

Thank you for supporting our team, we will forward your experience to everyone in the hotel.
Our chef also brainstormed to create new breakfast dishes for surprising every guest. They just created the seasonal salad yesterday! Hope we can surprise you by our creation in your next stay.

Your opinions make us better. Hope to see you soon and provide greater service next time.
Thank you so much!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our Stay with Dandy - Tian Mu Branch was on 12th - 17th of Mar 2013. Despite of the hotel location there is nothing for us to pick on their services. All the hotel staff we met there are very friendly, and even before i was there they already start to follow up with me. Very impressive service.
They reply every email I've sent promptly. First cheer to them: A few months ago i enquire about their airport transfer service because there is a NTD$200 discount for this service on tripadvisor, I've forgotten about it but they send me another email to follow up with me. After a few email, they drop me a call and advice me with the charges. We did a comparison with one of the email they provided to me, on what is the various price and ways to get to their hotel. With the voucher we gotten we took up the airport transfer service from them, which 4 of us only top up another NTD$300. Shortly we landed in the airport they gave me a call again, to make sure i see the driver that holds the name tag at the arrival gate. Once we reach the hotel, the check in procedure was fast. The room was extremely well decorated, very modern and high tech. Sensor switch for all the different lights around the room, 42-inch tv with a lot of cable channels available,(espn, wei shi, discovery), on top of that a lot of blu-ray movie is loaded in their system for us to choose, toilet bowl with sprayer and heater. They responded to our room service very quickly even though is mid night. On Thursday morning there is violinist who was there to play music while we are having our breakfast, this really brightens our day, their breakfast is also wonderful, decent variety for us to choose from. Laundry service is free, they even volunteered to bring up the washed clothes to our room.
I would like to specially thanks one of the staff service that really give us a very excellent impression about the hotel. Thanks Tina for being so thoughtful on one of the very cold night. The weather suddenly change very cold at one of the night, we went out shopping wearing only shorts and shirts that day. Once we reach our hotel, she saw us talking about it and was shivering, she went to their hotel dinning area to get each of us a warm water. This initiative really leaves us a very deep impression. Thumps up !
The only downside of this hotel are the location. If we were to walk from the hotel to the nearest train station it will take us 15 - 20 mins. We never take bus to the nearest train station before but we took a cab there which cost us about NTD$100+, it took us around 7 mins of ride to the nearest station. When i stay at Dandy - Tianmu it reminds me of a hotel at BangKok which is TenFace hotel. Their location is also pretty bad, but other than their commendable good service, they actually had their very own antique mercedes and tuk tuk to drive us out to their nearest BTS, which i think Dandy - Tianmu can really pick up this good pointer from them, to cover up for the poor location.
All in all i think excellent is still not enough to describe how good their service is, their staffs are very initiative and this make the whole place a very good place to stay in. One must really stays there and you will really know why i says that. 3 cheers to Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch staffs. I will definitely highly recommend this hotel to every one who will always hang around on their red color MRT line, especially people who like to visit Shilin Night market, cause the hotel is very near.

7  Thank ShaynNga
PeggyHsiao, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much that you have so good feedback about us and also we are glad to be shared your travel experience in Bangkok. It was a pleasure to know that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. As our goal is to make guests feel like staying home, and have a memorable trip.We also appreciated that your suggestion about the pick-up service from MRT to our hotel. We will consider about this idea seriously. Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Peggy Hsiao, Supervisor

Reviewed March 16, 2013

It is an excellent stay for my family for our last vacation last december.The only shortcoming is that it's rather far to the nearest zhishan mrt station or else it wld be really fantastic.Hotel's staffs are very friendly and welcoming & the 24 hr cafe is a plus point to makeup for the inconveniences of travelling.Hotel is clean & new.....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Javierika
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent stay with us. We are greatly honored of your positive comments and I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with our services.

We sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedbacks so that we may provide even greater comfort and enjoyment to our guests in the future. The entire team forward to welcoming you back at Dandy Hotel Tianmu Branch very soon.

Phoebe Chang, Supervisor