“One of the best”

Ranked #2 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Miami, Florida
“One of the best”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is really one of the best hotel ever stayed. People are very courteous, helpful and friendly.
Rooms are big, clean and spotless as the bathrooms. Huge shower and very modern.
Breakfast buffet has it all.
If I come back to Taipei, we'll definitively stay here again..
Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PeggyHsiao, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your support to Dandy Hotel Tianmu and it is so happy that you have such good feedback to us. You are absolutely welcomed. We are looking forward to seeing you next. Hope to see you soon.

Peggy Hsiao, Supervisor
Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

stayed here with my husband and son from the 27th February to the 1st March. when we arrived it was pouring down with rain but one of the receptionist was out in a flash with umbrellas to help us. I had been in contact with Liane Lee as we had originally been booked to stay at the hotel last September for our anniversary but through illness was unable to travel. Liane gave us a free upgrade and had a couple of bottles of bubbly waiting for us. Even without these the stay was fantastic. The breakfast is great the choice and variety was excellent whats more on the first morning we came down to breakfast it was a bank holiday and the hotel had gotten a very talented young man to entertain guests, he sang and played the violin and I felt I could not have chosen a better time to be there.
The taxi driver the hotel called to take us to the night market not only refused the tip we tried to give him but also told us of a light show on for just one week to celebrate Chinese new year it was the most beautiful display with the year being that of the snake there was a huge colorful one breathing smoke only he looked too beautiful to be menacing.
The staff were all very polite and helpful, thank you so much to the guys on the reception who helped us with the washing machines when we did our laundry at about 1am after being out and about until late into the night. The hotel does a fine job of providing things for their guest and the complimentary items are of very good quality.
The rooms are lovely, comfortable, clean and modern and I found the hotel quite close to the necessary transportation in fact if we had known before hand we would have taken the train from the airport. there is a carrefour just near the Zhongshan MRT that had some good bargains.
I was surprised when before we left Liane came to say hello and wish us all the best. My only regret is that we did not stay longer.

Room Tip: the rooms we had were on the fifth floor and they were both excellent.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BthereCthere
Liane L, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice for your family’s first trip to Taiwan.

Nothing can cheer us more than knowing that you spent a wonderful time in our hotel through this review. It indeed was my honor to welcome you with a little surprise which you really enjoyed. I also felt regret that you did not stayed more days here this time. We all look forward to your next trip to Taipei and staying with us again, so that we can share more information about interesting attractions with you.

Hopefully you will enjoy this area as much as we have.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was planned for a free and easy taipei trip with my mum and sister, 6 days 5 nights so my target hotel is a middle class hotel and nearby city. I had consider 2 hotel which are suggested by friends. Long stay hotel and Dandy. After compare price, location and facility, I choose dandy because of the clean and nice hotel photo view. Price is just slightly higher than long stay. After place booking through their website, I had request to change room type and pick up service. They had attended to my request on time and even called me few times to confirm. First time I have good impression to this hotel before stay in.
The first sight to this hotel is cleanliness, exquisite, and comfortably. Just look exactly like photos posted on their website. Second fabulous point is their breakfast. Definitely there are variety choice of breakfast on the street, what I want to mentioned is the small but freshen environment and nice breakfast. They will change the dishes every morning. And they have 24 hours prepare drink and cookies on the breakfast bar. Every staff in the hotel are friendly and very helpful which make my free and easy trip very smooth and easy. Their warmest greetings and hospitably make me feel warm and happy. Finally I have to say what I got is far away beyond what I pay for. I will choose dandy again if I have a chance to go taipei again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank EugeneYeo85
Liane L, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We deeply appreciated your good comments about Dandy Hotel Tianmu and we are happy that we’d brought you good memories to your Taipei trip.

Thank you for supporting our team, we will forward your experience to everyone in the hotel.
Our chef also brainstormed to create new breakfast dishes for surprising every guest. They just created the seasonal salad yesterday! Hope we can surprise you by our creation in your next stay.

Your opinions make us better. Hope to see you soon and provide greater service next time.
Thank you so much!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our Stay with Dandy - Tian Mu Branch was on 12th - 17th of Mar 2013. Despite of the hotel location there is nothing for us to pick on their services. All the hotel staff we met there are very friendly, and even before i was there they already start to follow up with me. Very impressive service.
They reply every email I've sent promptly. First cheer to them: A few months ago i enquire about their airport transfer service because there is a NTD$200 discount for this service on tripadvisor, I've forgotten about it but they send me another email to follow up with me. After a few email, they drop me a call and advice me with the charges. We did a comparison with one of the email they provided to me, on what is the various price and ways to get to their hotel. With the voucher we gotten we took up the airport transfer service from them, which 4 of us only top up another NTD$300. Shortly we landed in the airport they gave me a call again, to make sure i see the driver that holds the name tag at the arrival gate. Once we reach the hotel, the check in procedure was fast. The room was extremely well decorated, very modern and high tech. Sensor switch for all the different lights around the room, 42-inch tv with a lot of cable channels available,(espn, wei shi, discovery), on top of that a lot of blu-ray movie is loaded in their system for us to choose, toilet bowl with sprayer and heater. They responded to our room service very quickly even though is mid night. On Thursday morning there is violinist who was there to play music while we are having our breakfast, this really brightens our day, their breakfast is also wonderful, decent variety for us to choose from. Laundry service is free, they even volunteered to bring up the washed clothes to our room.
I would like to specially thanks one of the staff service that really give us a very excellent impression about the hotel. Thanks Tina for being so thoughtful on one of the very cold night. The weather suddenly change very cold at one of the night, we went out shopping wearing only shorts and shirts that day. Once we reach our hotel, she saw us talking about it and was shivering, she went to their hotel dinning area to get each of us a warm water. This initiative really leaves us a very deep impression. Thumps up !
The only downside of this hotel are the location. If we were to walk from the hotel to the nearest train station it will take us 15 - 20 mins. We never take bus to the nearest train station before but we took a cab there which cost us about NTD$100+, it took us around 7 mins of ride to the nearest station. When i stay at Dandy - Tianmu it reminds me of a hotel at BangKok which is TenFace hotel. Their location is also pretty bad, but other than their commendable good service, they actually had their very own antique mercedes and tuk tuk to drive us out to their nearest BTS, which i think Dandy - Tianmu can really pick up this good pointer from them, to cover up for the poor location.
All in all i think excellent is still not enough to describe how good their service is, their staffs are very initiative and this make the whole place a very good place to stay in. One must really stays there and you will really know why i says that. 3 cheers to Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch staffs. I will definitely highly recommend this hotel to every one who will always hang around on their red color MRT line, especially people who like to visit Shilin Night market, cause the hotel is very near.

7 Thank ShaynNga
PeggyHsiao, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much that you have so good feedback about us and also we are glad to be shared your travel experience in Bangkok. It was a pleasure to know that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. As our goal is to make guests feel like staying home, and have a memorable trip.We also appreciated that your suggestion about the pick-up service from MRT to our hotel. We will consider about this idea seriously. Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Peggy Hsiao, Supervisor
Reviewed March 16, 2013

It is an excellent stay for my family for our last vacation last december.The only shortcoming is that it's rather far to the nearest zhishan mrt station or else it wld be really fantastic.Hotel's staffs are very friendly and welcoming & the 24 hr cafe is a plus point to makeup for the inconveniences of travelling.Hotel is clean & new.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Javierika
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent stay with us. We are greatly honored of your positive comments and I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with our services.

We sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedbacks so that we may provide even greater comfort and enjoyment to our guests in the future. The entire team forward to welcoming you back at Dandy Hotel Tianmu Branch very soon.

Phoebe Chang, Supervisor
Nagoya, Japan
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I should say that I didn't actually stay at this hotel, but accidently booked it instead of it's sister hotel the Daan Park Branch.
I wish I was staying though because from beginning to end the service has been impeccable and above and beyond.
When I first made the booking, I mentioned my boyfriend and I were considering going to some hotsprings the response I got gave me suggestions and reccommendations. When I realised I had booked the wrong branch, I emailed them, and they called me within 10 mins! Internationally. How awesome is that? The girl was pleasant and super helpful, and made everything so easy.
I will definitely try to come and stay at this hotel in the future because of their great service.

3 Thank ysolda
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment to Dandy Hotel -Tianmu Branch on Tripadvisor, thought we do not have the opportunity to serve you during this trip.

If your travel plans ever bring you back to Taipei, please kindly come to Dandy Tianmu. Should you have any further suggestion or inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us and we all look forward to welcoming you soon.

Phoebe Chang, Supervisor
Singapore
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've chosen this hotel after reading the reviews in Tripadvisor. To my surprise, the services and amenities had much exceeded my expectation.

I was having trouble with the online reservation and had emailed the hotel directly for help. The email response was quite immediate within the same day and they even called me to followup. The door man Steven was very helpful and even prepared hot milk for my kids while we're waiting for our laundry in the lobby area. Ruby the front desk service staff also assisted with bringing our laundry to our room when we're out for visiting. These are all value added services. The check in and out was fast and the staff never missed giving us their warmest greetings.

The rooms was clean and comfortable. The bath area was huge with a tub and standing shower. The toilet was separated and the seat comes with washing facilities. Snacks and drinks were provided for free in the room. Hot drinks and some cookies at the lobby was provided for free 24hrs too.

There's 2 washing machines and 2 dryers for guest to use. It's a plus for long staying guest.

Their breakfast selection was sufficient and nicely display. They have some really innovative/interesting food selection.

We stayed 3 nights and this was the best hotel we've stayed in our 10days trip. The only pity is that the location is not near to metro nor the city center. But these are all compensated by the friendliest staff, comfortable and clean rooms. We will definitely recommend Dandy Hotel Tianmu and will stay here again if we visit Taipei.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank twinkle13
Dear Valued Guest,

It was great to receive your highly recommend about Dandy Hotel – Tianmu Branch. We are honored that we not only pleased you by our room facilities and environment but also by breakfast.

Steven and Ruby were very cheerful to know that you mentioned their service here. I will also let them bring this serving experience to our other staff to ensure that your will feel even better next time you come back. We definitely will keep trying to do better and better.

Thank you for taking your precious time to write this review. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Taipei