“Excellent stay!!”

Ranked #5 of 570 Hotels in Taipei
san diego
“Excellent stay!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I always trust trip advisor's review, and I'm glad I did. It's a small hotel in quiet part of taipei (Tianmu). There're American and Japanese school nearby. Closest Subway station is Zhishan, 15min walk, but there are bus stop outside of hotel that will take you to Zhishan station or taipei main station. Bus comes very often during weekday. Recommend to get an easy card at metro station instead of one day ticket if you're staying more than a couple of days. You have to deposit around $17 at first, but you can use it for bus or metro, and $17 covered 7 days for me because transportation in taiwan is affordable. This way, you don't have to walk to metro station from hotel, you can get on bus to metro station, but it's a nice walk to station. The reason why I'm writing this is because I was worried about location of hotel before I booked it, and I'm sure some of you too. Hotel is spotless, hip, but not trying too hard.. Breakfast buffet was excellent, and my favorite part of this hotel was their espresso machine!! you can drink excellent coffee or latte anytime, it was awesome. Laundry room right next to check in counter, you can use it for free anytime. No iron in your room, but there is one in laundry room. Room is very very simple and clean.( Flat screen tv, small refrigerators with bottle of water, private toilet room, nice clean shower) They can arrange shuttle pick up from Airport around $50, and going back is around $40. Drivers don't speak english, but they're very nice. Recommend to walk around hotel area not just to metro station, but other side towards tianmu square. I founda grocery store and some restaurants locals go to. If you want to be on busy street with more tourists, you may want to stay around zhongshan area close to main station, if you want to be in peaceful and quiet residential area, but easy access to metro, don't look anywhere else. You can't beat this price with free breakfast and laundry. I'm already planning to go back to Taiwan next year because it was such a nice trip, and going to stay at Dandy hotel again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank junechild
Liane L, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your precious time to write such a detailed review for us.

Every advice you shared was very helpful to let travelers learn more about our hotel and surroundings. I was also very happy to know that you loved our 24-hour espresso service we newly added and that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable.

Thank you again for your comment. We all will be waiting for you next visit. Nothing pleases us more than being able to say “welcome back” on your planning second trip to Taiwan!

Yours faithfully,

Assistant Manager, Dandy Hotel – Tianmu Branch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Staten Island
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Dandy is one of those rare finds that lives up to it’s name by providing topnotch service, a clean and inviting facility and a worry free stay.

This cozy hotel is situated in an quiet side street just off a main street. It is a small establishment with no pool or spa but it more than compensates with an excellent staff and an amazing clean facility. There are plenty of fast food nearby such as a Mos Burger and Subway and if you walk about 15 minuets, there is a huge mall with a plentiful food court. Along the way, you will pass several traditional noodle shops as well.

The entire hotel is SPOTLESS. Of all the hotels I have ever stayed, this one was absolutely the cleanest. It is gleaming and the rooms are very modernistic done in a cool pallet of grey, silver and white. A huge flat screen TV with plenty of English options was a hit with my child at the end of a day of sightseeing. The bed was extremely comfortable and the shower was great with both a rainfall shower head and a mobile shower spray.

Each day, a very good complimentary breakfast was provided that included both Asian and Western choices. The coffee and hot chocolate machine continued to dispense beverages free of charge throughout the day. The dining room is a bit tight so don’t delay in getting there each morning. You can enjoy a meal inside or out on the veranda, weather permitting. Complementary newspapers are provided in multiple languages as well.

The staff at the hotel were extremely warm and helpful, providing maps, travel tips, hailing cabs and recommending dining options, all in perfect English. They made the stay entirely welcoming, evening providing us with a free complimentary meal upon our late arrival.

There is no room service so plan accordingly if you are one to snack late at night. However, complimentary chips and water are waiting in the rooms each day.

Once of the nicest features of the hotel was the FREE WIFI!! Why more hotels don’t provide such a basic service is beyond maddening. There is also a very clean laundry area for your convenience.

The neighborhood surrounding the Dandy is chocked full of antique shops and curio galleries where we found some lovely gifts. There are also at least 2 parks and 1 temple within a 5 min. walk. The Dandy is about a $10 USD cab ride to the 101 Tower and even closer to the Grand Palace Museum, the zoo and a large night market. You can also arrange a car to take you to and from the airport for about $45 USD each way. The car, in keeping with every other service at the Dandy, was a clean limo with complimentary newspaper and water. If public transportation is your preferred mode, the bus stop is just across the street.

I would completely recommend the Dandy to any traveler. You will feel safe, welcome, clean, well fed and well informed. What more could you ask?

2 Thank simommy
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your “Dandy Experience” with TripAdvisor’s viewers.

We always believe that the cleanness of a guest room is the most important thing which travelers will concern about. Our room attendants work hard every day to ensure the rooms maintained well. We are extremely delighted to know that you noticed and satisfied with it.

However, the most exciting thing was to know that almost all our service and facilities met your needs and were helpful. We definitely will keep improving everything, and all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Yours faithfully,

Assistant Manager, Dandy Hotel – Tianmu Branch
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed 8 days at Dandy Tianmu. We liked it from the time we saw the hotel when we got out from the cab. A smiling staff came out to the cab to greet us and help us with our bags.

When we got to our room, it met our expectation as per earlier reviews here - looks good, clean and even smells fresh.

Staff was helpful. Do ask them to recommend nearby eateries that locals go to if you want to savor local tasty and very affordable food.

MRT is a good long walk, so ask staff where to get on the bus. It's convenient.

When my son was not well, the front desk staff referred us to the doctor just around the corner. The doctor was good too.

It was a great stay - we felt we part of a big family of tenants and staff, not customers.

Thx Hazel, Sky, Ruby, Evie, Steve or Steven, I think there is Eve too. Sorry, I couldn't get all your names. Taipei is a very good city to do free-and-easy and this hotel completes our wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Liane L, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to share your wonderful memories of Dandy Hotel -Tianmu on TripAdvisor.

As you experienced, Tianmu Area is a lovely place with many surprises to be discovered. It was a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed this area as much as we do. We still keep going to collect more travelling information around here, and all look forward to sharing that with you to make your family have another nice trip.

Assistant Manager, Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I booked this hotel upon reading the recommendations on TripAdvisor.... I was delighted with my stay of 4N/5D last November.... I opted for a deluxe room and was given such a room on the 7th floor... I liked the simple, minimalist approach.... Enjoyed the lovely breakfast and loved the idea of 'help yourself to coffee/tea and snack' anytime of the day.... I also chose this hotel for its proximity to the National Palace Museum where I spent 2 days.... I was able to take the bus, with one change,and within 20min, reach the museum....The public transportation system in Taipei is excellent... I shall consider this hotel my Taipei home-away-from-home..... Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Colleen M
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your precious time to write a review regarding your lodging at Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch in Nov,2012. I am very delighted to know that you find hotel location and equipment are both meet your needs. I have also shared your compliment with our Chefs, who are very cheerful by your satisfaction to hotel breakfast.

Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude of choosing Dandy Tianmu your home-away-from-home, here in Taipei.

We all looking forward to seeing you soon on your next trip to Taiwan.

Yours Faithfully,
Tina Cheng, Hotel Manager
Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved my time at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu. I spent 8 days at the hotel and felt like home. All the staffs from security, front desk to the cleaning staffs, everyone takes initiatives in what they do. They are like a big family.

It is a small hotel but it is very clean, space efficient, modernly decorated. Breakfast is delicious and full of variety. Many brochures for traveling information are displayed at the lobby. After the breakfast, the cafe is turned into a nice reading corner with coffee and water served. It is a very comfy place to stay.

The staffs are polite and really accommodate the guests' needs. We received a small Xmas gift upon arrival and the staff gave us one of his drawings when we departure. The hotel also provides airport transportation services with a reasonable price. It is not too far from the city and it will be easy to get around once you know the transportation system.

My family and I will definitely return to this hotel next time when we visit Taipei.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for spending your Christmas Holidays at Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch and also taking your precious time to write this detailed experience on Tripadvisor.

I am very honor to know that our service has meet your expectation. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we all sincerely looking forward to serving you again soon.

Yours Faithfully,
Tina Cheng, Hotel Manager
Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch
Alexandria VA
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Me and my partner were on our way to Hanoi from NYC last Nov, we needed to spend a day in Taipei. By happenstance, I booked this hotel from my cell phone after arriving in TPE airport. The hotel is in a nice quiet neighborhood with plenty of cafes and restaurants. TPE American School in right in the coroner. The room is clean, tastefully decorated and very comfortable with a high-tech toilet seat one can only see in Asia.
A short taxi ride to Palace museum and walking distance to the metro. The famous Shih-Lin night market is few metro stops away. The service is very good too. Too bad we were in a hurry next day morning, did not have much time to enjoy the breakfast buffet.It looked really good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jchangAlex
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us. We are truly grateful!

It is wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed our service, rooms and liked the neighborhood around our hotel. Your nice experience is the motivation for us to continue trying to be active every day.

Thank you once again for your compliments; we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Dandy Hotel - Tiamnu Branch very soon!

Phoebe Chang, Supervisor
Singapore
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights.. To sum it up... Excellent..
Highlights:
- Excellent hospitality .. friendly from conceige to housekeepers
- Innovative, considerate designed room ... from toothbrushes, water, all kind of towels, international sockets, many storage spaces..
- Nice breakfast ... live violin performance on some days!
- 24 hours free laundry and dryer (self service)
- 24 hours coffee maker, biscuits
- Clean room with very little noice.
Most impressive check in which took only less than 2 minutes and check out in less than 10 seconds.
All staffs are very professional, helpful and always serve with a smile.
Location is the only thing. A little far from city centre but convenient to get there by MRT. A short taxi ride from hotel to near MRT in less than 10 minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomson800
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch and taking your precious time to share a wonderful review with us.

We appreciate the positive comments received on the facilities, breakfast and services which you have experienced during your stay. Your support has been shared with all the departments and shall go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service.

Thank you once again for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

Phoebe Chang, Supervisor