“Fantastic 3 night stay”

Ranked #4 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Arriving at the Dandy hotel in Tianmu was a bit unnerving, we thought we were in the middle of nowhere and the hotel would not be great, but fortunately we were very wrong.

The service on arrival was fantastic and organised, and once we arrived in our room we were happily surprised. It wasn't particularly spacious, but the design and the appearance were exactly what we needed.

The breakfast was good every day, and they offer laundry service for free and also free wifi in your rooms.

It is a bit of a walk to the nearest MRT station, but we quite enjoyed it, and if you walk the other way there are quite a few nice restaurants. Also, taxis are fairly priced in Taipei, so you don't need to worry about being ripped off getting back to the hotel.

I thoroughly recommend this place, and would definitely go again if we visit Taipei once more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liane L, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest, and for your positive review regarding to our facilities, service, breakfast, even the surroundings.

We were very exciting to know that you enjoyed your stay in Tianmu Area. Since this area is not generally known by travelers, we prepared lots of travelling information in our front desk for introducing this lovely place. Every receptionist is also very glad to provide assistance and share their thoughts to make your trip go smoothly. Next time you stay here, please feel free to ask us for that. We all look forward to your next visit!

Yours faithfully,

Liane Lee
Supervisor, Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

For the price paid , didn't expect much , but wow , not only is it clean and functional , it was actually quite cool and chic . Breakfast was pretty nice too . I stayed in this and Roumei hotel , dandy wins hands down.
It's on a small lane , so might be a little difficult to find , just remind driver it's not on main road .

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank treetop193
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch. I am also grateful for your indication of hotel site and reaching tips to our future visitors, I believe it will make their arrival more smoothly.
It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback. I will share your comment with our team, especially to the Housekeepers and Chefs, who I certain will be very delighted by your compliment.
Once again your review is highly appreciated and we all look forward to serving you again before too long.

Yours Faithfully,
Tina Cheng, Hotel Manager
Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very nice hotel, excellent staff and very good service. The only shortcoming is the location since it is kind of far from the metro station. I would recommend this hotel for those spending only a nights in Taipei.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leonardo G R
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, I am pleased to hear that our service was to your satisfaction.
We are regretful to learn that you found our location inconvenient. Should we have known where you wish to go to from the hotel, then we could provide you with targeted travel advice. The staff always offer the best traffic information to our guest when they are traveling in Taipei.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Dandy Hotel - Tiamnu Branch in the near future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent 2 nights at Dandy with 2 young kids and I have nothing to complain about. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, free wifi plus 2 computers downstairs in case you don't have yours with you. Free laundry room (washer, dryer, iron, free detergent) came in very handy. The only downside is the location as the hotel is a good 20 minute stroller-walk from the nearest MRT station, and then another 30 minutes on the train to downtown. So if you're travelling with young children, I'd recommend something closer to all the attractions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Friendlybird

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dandy Hotel - Tianmu and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are happy to know that you liked your room, our facilities and were pleased with our service.
With regards to your comment about the hotel's location and its distance to the nearest metro station, we also suggest our guest to take the bus that only two minutes by walk from hotel to the bus stop. We are willing to offer more traffic information to make all guest’s trip more easy and smooth.
Please feel free to contact us anytime when you are traveling in Taipei and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Dandy Hotel - Tiamnu Branch in the near future.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went to dandy hotel based on the recommendation from tripadvisor and my god, what a right decision this was. The hotel is modern, neat and very well organized as said in other reviews, but the two things that really did it for me where 1) when planning my trip to the taroko gorges, instead of just doing the bookings I had asked, the staff advised me to go to another location here I would feel less the effects of the typhoon and when they couldn't book this through an operator, they found me an English speaking driver which organized my whole trip and spoke good English acting as organizer/driver/interpreter 2) when we got back from our trip we had changed rooms and upon arriving, our baggages were already there and the room was set up with a special pillow my girlfriend had asked for the first night as the ones provided where too big for her taste, rarely had service like that in other places.

So friends, don't hesitate if you don't mind a bit of public transport to get around, this hotel is the right place to stay in taipei

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank J R
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate you staying with us again and sharing your positive feedback on tripadvisor, it is our goal to continue to improve our service that to meet and exceed our guest expectations.
I am so happy to know that our staff recommend the Sun Moon Lake and Alishan to you and you really enjoy it. Your nice experience is the motivation for us to continue trying to be active every day. And we are also glad to offer more traffic information to make your trip more easy and smooth next time.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was unsure what to expect from the Dandy – Tianmu branch. As usual research was done on Tripadvisor.
What a pleasant surprise I had when arriving. Warmly welcomed by all staff who seemed genuinely pleased that they had another guest arriving. English was excellent and the front desk staff were extremely helpful in arranging taxis and researching any questions I had.
The rooms are spotless and decorated well. Quite minimalist but that is the style. It’s a small hotel and the rooms are nice and dark at night so one gets a good night sleep without any unnecessary noise
A really nice feature is the free Laundromat near the reception which I used when I arrived. Just throw the washing in and its pretty straightforward from there. Nice quick dryers as well.
WIfI is free and there is also wired internet in the rooms. I didn’t have a network cable so after enquiring at reception, one arrived within a few minutes. There are also Macs available in the lobby for guests to use.

The breakfast selection is good and once again the staff are very attentive. No dinner is available but a short walk down the road is the Sogo shopping mall. In the basement are a variety of really nice restaurants. I had dimsum takeaways as the restaurant was very busy. I was told it’s a very well known and popular restaurant. The food was excellent.
Another option is the Shilin night market which is a short taxi ride away.

The bathroom is very modern. The cherry on the top is the fancy electronic toilet seat which I have never seen anywhere else before! It sets the standard I believe.
All in all a great hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dave M
Liane L, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for allowing us to be your hotel of choice and writing such a wonderful review for us after your stay.

I was extremely delighted to know that our staff’s performance pleased you and their suggestions made your trip a smooth and memorable one. All of them have read this feedback which has been a great encouragement to us all.

As you mentioned in the review, our rooms are not that big, but we always try our best to improve the facilities and our service to suit travelers’ needs. Presently we are collecting more unique travel information and planning to issue them for our guests. Hopefully next time you stay with us, you can have another brilliant trip by it. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Taipei!

Yours faithfully,

Liane Lee
Supervisor, Dandy Hotel - Tianmu

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stay one night. The room is very clean and the design is very neat! Great service (especially the door man!). We love the bed and had a nice sleep. Also love the confirmation call before head and a warm thank u email after we checked out. Will come back again!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank nickchiu888
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review on tripadvisor. We are grateful for the positive comments received on the facilities and services which you have experienced during your stay.
Your compliments are truly a great encouragement to us.

Thank you once again for your compliments, we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Dandy Hotel - Tiamnu Branch very soon!