“Excelent hotel far away from downtown”

Ranked #3 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
Reykjavik
“Excelent hotel far away from downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very nice hotel, excellent staff and very good service. The only shortcoming is the location since it is kind of far from the metro station. I would recommend this hotel for those spending only a nights in Taipei.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Leonardo G R
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, I am pleased to hear that our service was to your satisfaction.
We are regretful to learn that you found our location inconvenient. Should we have known where you wish to go to from the hotel, then we could provide you with targeted travel advice. The staff always offer the best traffic information to our guest when they are traveling in Taipei.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Dandy Hotel - Tiamnu Branch in the near future.

Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent 2 nights at Dandy with 2 young kids and I have nothing to complain about. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, free wifi plus 2 computers downstairs in case you don't have yours with you. Free laundry room (washer, dryer, iron, free detergent) came in very handy. The only downside is the location as the hotel is a good 20 minute stroller-walk from the nearest MRT station, and then another 30 minutes on the train to downtown. So if you're travelling with young children, I'd recommend something closer to all the attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Friendlybird
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dandy Hotel - Tianmu and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are happy to know that you liked your room, our facilities and were pleased with our service.
With regards to your comment about the hotel's location and its distance to the nearest metro station, we also suggest our guest to take the bus that only two minutes by walk from hotel to the bus stop. We are willing to offer more traffic information to make all guest’s trip more easy and smooth.
Please feel free to contact us anytime when you are traveling in Taipei and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Dandy Hotel - Tiamnu Branch in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went to dandy hotel based on the recommendation from tripadvisor and my god, what a right decision this was. The hotel is modern, neat and very well organized as said in other reviews, but the two things that really did it for me where 1) when planning my trip to the taroko gorges, instead of just doing the bookings I had asked, the staff advised me to go to another location here I would feel less the effects of the typhoon and when they couldn't book this through an operator, they found me an English speaking driver which organized my whole trip and spoke good English acting as organizer/driver/interpreter 2) when we got back from our trip we had changed rooms and upon arriving, our baggages were already there and the room was set up with a special pillow my girlfriend had asked for the first night as the ones provided where too big for her taste, rarely had service like that in other places.

So friends, don't hesitate if you don't mind a bit of public transport to get around, this hotel is the right place to stay in taipei

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J R
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate you staying with us again and sharing your positive feedback on tripadvisor, it is our goal to continue to improve our service that to meet and exceed our guest expectations.
I am so happy to know that our staff recommend the Sun Moon Lake and Alishan to you and you really enjoy it. Your nice experience is the motivation for us to continue trying to be active every day. And we are also glad to offer more traffic information to make your trip more easy and smooth next time.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was unsure what to expect from the Dandy – Tianmu branch. As usual research was done on Tripadvisor.
What a pleasant surprise I had when arriving. Warmly welcomed by all staff who seemed genuinely pleased that they had another guest arriving. English was excellent and the front desk staff were extremely helpful in arranging taxis and researching any questions I had.
The rooms are spotless and decorated well. Quite minimalist but that is the style. It’s a small hotel and the rooms are nice and dark at night so one gets a good night sleep without any unnecessary noise
A really nice feature is the free Laundromat near the reception which I used when I arrived. Just throw the washing in and its pretty straightforward from there. Nice quick dryers as well.
WIfI is free and there is also wired internet in the rooms. I didn’t have a network cable so after enquiring at reception, one arrived within a few minutes. There are also Macs available in the lobby for guests to use.

The breakfast selection is good and once again the staff are very attentive. No dinner is available but a short walk down the road is the Sogo shopping mall. In the basement are a variety of really nice restaurants. I had dimsum takeaways as the restaurant was very busy. I was told it’s a very well known and popular restaurant. The food was excellent.
Another option is the Shilin night market which is a short taxi ride away.

The bathroom is very modern. The cherry on the top is the fancy electronic toilet seat which I have never seen anywhere else before! It sets the standard I believe.
All in all a great hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dave M
Liane L, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for allowing us to be your hotel of choice and writing such a wonderful review for us after your stay.

I was extremely delighted to know that our staff’s performance pleased you and their suggestions made your trip a smooth and memorable one. All of them have read this feedback which has been a great encouragement to us all.

As you mentioned in the review, our rooms are not that big, but we always try our best to improve the facilities and our service to suit travelers’ needs. Presently we are collecting more unique travel information and planning to issue them for our guests. Hopefully next time you stay with us, you can have another brilliant trip by it. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Taipei!

Yours faithfully,

Liane Lee
Supervisor, Dandy Hotel - Tianmu
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stay one night. The room is very clean and the design is very neat! Great service (especially the door man!). We love the bed and had a nice sleep. Also love the confirmation call before head and a warm thank u email after we checked out. Will come back again!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank nickchiu888
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review on tripadvisor. We are grateful for the positive comments received on the facilities and services which you have experienced during your stay.
Your compliments are truly a great encouragement to us.

Thank you once again for your compliments, we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Dandy Hotel - Tiamnu Branch very soon!

Claremont, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at the Dandy Hotel for a month and I could not have asked for a nicer experience. Here are some of my reasons for my satisfaction. Location: It's a 4 minute walk to the Taipei American School (where I was visiting) and a convenient walk to dozens of restaurants, shops, and train station. The staff: I have never met a more respectful, courteous staff. They would stand up every time a customer walked into the hotel. They would arrange transportation, look up directions, and go out of their way for you. They showed me how to use the television set. They even looked after my laundry. The facility: Air conditioning was always on and felt great. Free breakfast was very good. Wifi was very reliable. I loved the shower. The washer and dryer work nicely, and they are free (including detergent) and are not far from the front desk, so the staff can help you if needed. The room, though small, was very reasonably priced. It included daily free bottles of water.

Let's put it this way. Before I arrived at the hotel, a co-worker had offered me free lodging for the month. After two nights at the Dandy, I declined his generous offer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Fibonacci2358
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review after one-month lodging at Dandy Tianmu.
I am very honor to know that our service and hotel facilities have achieved your expectations. And thank you very much for expressing your satisfaction on Tripadvisor, I will share with all our team members who I am certain will be delighted by your encouragement.
It was our pleasure to have the chance of accommodating you and we all sincerely looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Yours Faithfully,
Tina Cheng, Hotel Manager
Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my first trip to Taiwan started at Tainan, then Taichong, and finally Taipei. Most people in Taiwan were polite and friendly. Yet only at Dandy Hotel I felt being treated like a VIP. As soon as we arrived at the front door, two people came out greeting us. The front desk person named Enzo was most professional, efficient yet personal and respectful as If I was his family member. The lobby and room were small but super clean and tastefully decorated. Everything was modern and very high tech, including the "do not disturb" or "please clean my room" signs were magnetic, just stick on the door. Not those hanging tags. Dandy Hotel is a non-smoking hotel but we noticed the cigaret smell when we walked into the room. Enzo invited us to have a cup of coffee when he arrange the cleaning process. When we declined the coffee and wanted to find a near by place to have late dinner. He provided us his honest recommendation. We were asked to call before coming down for breakfast the next morning. Enzo put me on hold to check the table availability. When we came down, our table was reserved. Enzo was so helpful in many ways during our stay, above and beyond. He even came to say good bye to us at the breakfast table when he was already off duty. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Taiwan. The price was bit higher but very reasonable and well well worth it for the type of service they provided. Thank you so much for everything, Enzo.

Room Tip: on-line booking has lower price