“Completely satisfied”

Ranked #2 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at the Dandy Hotel for a month and I could not have asked for a nicer experience. Here are some of my reasons for my satisfaction. Location: It's a 4 minute walk to the Taipei American School (where I was visiting) and a convenient walk to dozens of restaurants, shops, and train station. The staff: I have never met a more respectful, courteous staff. They would stand up every time a customer walked into the hotel. They would arrange transportation, look up directions, and go out of their way for you. They showed me how to use the television set. They even looked after my laundry. The facility: Air conditioning was always on and felt great. Free breakfast was very good. Wifi was very reliable. I loved the shower. The washer and dryer work nicely, and they are free (including detergent) and are not far from the front desk, so the staff can help you if needed. The room, though small, was very reasonably priced. It included daily free bottles of water.

Let's put it this way. Before I arrived at the hotel, a co-worker had offered me free lodging for the month. After two nights at the Dandy, I declined his generous offer.

3  Thank Fibonacci2358
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review after one-month lodging at Dandy Tianmu.
I am very honor to know that our service and hotel facilities have achieved your expectations. And thank you very much for expressing your satisfaction on Tripadvisor, I will share with all our team members who I am certain will be delighted by your encouragement.
It was our pleasure to have the chance of accommodating you and we all sincerely looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my first trip to Taiwan started at Tainan, then Taichong, and finally Taipei. Most people in Taiwan were polite and friendly. Yet only at Dandy Hotel I felt being treated like a VIP. As soon as we arrived at the front door, two people came out greeting us. The front desk person named Enzo was most professional, efficient yet personal and respectful as If I was his family member. The lobby and room were small but super clean and tastefully decorated. Everything was modern and very high tech, including the "do not disturb" or "please clean my room" signs were magnetic, just stick on the door. Not those hanging tags. Dandy Hotel is a non-smoking hotel but we noticed the cigaret smell when we walked into the room. Enzo invited us to have a cup of coffee when he arrange the cleaning process. When we declined the coffee and wanted to find a near by place to have late dinner. He provided us his honest recommendation. We were asked to call before coming down for breakfast the next morning. Enzo put me on hold to check the table availability. When we came down, our table was reserved. Enzo was so helpful in many ways during our stay, above and beyond. He even came to say good bye to us at the breakfast table when he was already off duty. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Taiwan. The price was bit higher but very reasonable and well well worth it for the type of service they provided. Thank you so much for everything, Enzo.

Room Tip: on-line booking has lower price
3  Thank Lily L
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Ms. Lu,

Thank you for taking your time to share such wonderful comments. We are truly grateful!

We are proud to have wonderful staff members (especially Enzo) believing in always offering the best service. It is our pleasure to express our warm hospitality to all our guests and we ensure you that our heartwarming service will go on.

Enzo would like to express his sincere thanks for your compliments and hopes everything goes smoothly for you and your family.
Should you have any further suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

Yours sincerely,

Phoebe Chang, Supervisor

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my first trip to Taiwan. I had to go for business. Anyhow, the hotel is awesome. I've never encountered such customer service. I'd go outside to smoke a cigarette, and the night watchman would bring me a glass of water. The breakfast buffet is really good - they have lots of different options, some western, some Chinese. The room was spotless, and very comfortable. Also, it was the best shower I've ever been in. The water pressure was great, and the shower head was high enough up that I didn't have to bend my head to stand underneath it. The toilet had lots of buttons on it, but I didn't try any of them, so I'm not sure what they do. I only have one minor complaint. I'm quite tall - 6 foot 5 inches - and I hit my head on the door frame of the stairwell multiple times. But, you know, that certainly wasn't enough of problem to damper my enthusiasm for this great hotel. It looks like I'll have to go back to Taipei in December, and, if I do, I will totally stay at the Dandy again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are the same. They all have basically the same view, which isn't a great...
2  Thank Eric S
Liane L, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave this fantastic review for us.

It was our honor to be your first accommodation in Taiwan. We were so thrilled to have such a good comment from you. Although being a business level hotel equipped limited facilities, we are struggling to make every detail suit guests’ needs. Your feedback truly made our effort meaningful.

On the other hand, I felt sorry for that the height of our stairway door caused you the inconvenience. We all look forward to welcoming you again in December. In the meantime, we will try our best to find if there is any solution to it.

Hopefully Dandy Hotel Tianmu can be your home away from home - no matter the trip is for business or leisure. Next time, you may like to try the toilet you mentioned. It is an electric toilet seat with water spray for washing, which was well liked by our guests from Japan and Europe.

Thank you again for the review.

Yours faithfully,

Liane Lee
Supervisor, Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was really happy during my holiday(9th Sep.~ 12th Sep.) in Taipei.
I'm not taiwan people, but i can't feel any inconvenience. Staffs are very kind and excellent.
Breakfast and facility are also very good.
I suggest travler and businessman to stay Awesome Dandy Hotel-Tianmu branch.
^^

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Young JIn J

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review for us.

It was our honor to make your holiday enjoyable and memorable. As our goal is to be a homey accommodation in Tianmu Area, we were overjoyed to know that you felt comfortable when staying with us even you are a foreign traveler. It was too kind of you to let us know that. The feedback was truly a great inspiration for us.

On behalf of all our staff, I would like to express our gratitude again. We all look forward to your next visit to Taipei. There is always a warm welcome for you here.

Yours sincerely,

Liane Lee
Supervisor, Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch

Reviewed September 11, 2012

It is a classic stay in Dandy for my first visit to Taipei made me to remember better with their classic looks, mannerism & clean of the hotel. It is well located with friendly staff & interiors. As a techie man I loved the vibrant interiors with all techie fittings such as lighting switches, toilet fittings really made my stay nice. Breakfast really I liked and it is near to nice eateries location. The location only drawback is not near to MRT station but reachable with bus/taxi. If I visit I love to stay with them.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KasinaVRao
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Mr. Kasina,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your valuable comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the positive comments received on the facilities, services and breakfast which you have experienced during your stay.
Your support is the motivation for us to continue trying to be the best every day.
Once again thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to welcoming you back at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch in the near future!

Warm Regards,

Phoebe Chang, Supervisor

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The service is excellent to every single detail.
Room's cleanliness is beyond expectation.
The bathroom is awesome with the separate section of toilet bowl and shower area.
The toilet bowl is equipped with a high tech options.
The only drawback is the location which is not too close to MRT station.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ponkster828
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Dandy Hotel- Tianmu. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am very honor to know that our service and room design could meet you expectation. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
Once again your review is highly appreciated and we all look forward to serving you again before too long.

Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The hotel is modern, very clean and very friendly and helpful staff. It is accessible to all means of transportation, located near tourist spots and so many varieties of foods during breakfast buffet. I would definitely recommend to all our friends who want to visit Taiwan.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mitchdefensor
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend to your friends.
Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we all sincerely looking forward to serving you in the future!

Dandy Hotel- Tianmu