“Nice little hotel in Ximending”

CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch
Ranked #14 of 568 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore
“Nice little hotel in Ximending”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have stayed at several hotels over the years I visited Taipei and the last time I stayed at Amba Ximending which was a very good experience. I intended to book Amba for this trip again but it was FULL so based on the reviews of some of the tripadvisor contributors, I decided to book a room there and OH MY! It was very hard to get a room thru CityInn site. They open their booking based on per quarter basis and they will announce it thru their facebook on the booking date. And during that day of booking, it was almost impossible to get a room (note it is a small hotel) but fortunately I managed to get a room thru a local travel agent. Upon arrival, the check in was fast and greeted with very nice front office staffs. We took our key and went to the room. First there is only one lift and it is a very small lift so maximum four people with four travel bags can go in at a time. Next, the room were small (lol) but the bathroom is big and seriously I would prefer the other way round. It has everything u need in the room, bath/wash kits, tea and coffee and a kettle for water. The bathtub is nice with glass roller to prevent water spilling on to the floor (nice idea) but the basin is a little small to put our toiletries (lol). What I like about this hotel? The location, the staffs, the self service laundry, the bathroom and the cozy basement. Will I stay again? Yes if I manage to get a bigger room on my next trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with Window (I personally to have window).
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ShinoChiu, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. Citytransit:

We would like to thank you for your valuable comments as well as your patronage of Cityinn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch. Your generous compliments are highly appreciated and have been shared with our associates. The entire team of Cityinn Hotel Plus Ximending Branch appreciates your support and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cityinn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Been to Taiwan for the first time in December 2013 and chosen this hotel due to recommendations. Hotel room was well-equipped but the room we booked was kinda cramped. Nonetheless, customer service was extremely good and the receptionist were very helpful. Basement provides free washing machines and also a small little snack bar for guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
ShinoChiu, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. HJH15395:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, and for your generous and kind compliments. I have shared your kind comments regarding our service and amenities provided by our hotel with all my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back at Cityinn Hotel Plus Ximending Branch very soon.

Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We like this hotel in terms of its superb location. The rooms are nice and clean too, with creative wall décor in the different room types that we stayed, and that added some travel fun to us. Room costs are very reasonable compared to other hotels in Ximenting. The young reception staff are friendly and helpful. Out of the 4 hotels we stayed on our entire trip, we had the most interaction with the staff at this hotel. I think all good comments about this hotel have been reported in many of the previous posts. What I do want to let known is my booking experience. We had to change our travel dates after making the initial bookings. As the original bookings were under my name and in order not to cause confusion, I rebooked rooms for different dates using my husband’s name. I then emailed the hotel telling them I needed to cancel the first bookings and asked for a refund of the deposits. The hotel called me all the way from Taipei and told me if I agreed, they could transfer the deposits paid from the original bookings to the new bookings under my husband’s name. I thought it was a good suggestion as a credit card refund would normally translate into exchange losses. So if you are reading this review and want to stay in Ximenting area, do not hesitate just go ahead to make your booking for CityInn Plus. You need to be quick though, the hotel website booking opens 3 months before stay period and rooms get taken up very quickly.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LemonJane
Dear Mr./Ms. LemonJane:

Thank you for choosing Cityinn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch and sharing your experience with all the travelers on Tripadvisor. We sincerely appreciate your compliments and encouragements.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Pro:
- Great service from the friendly staff.
- Have a laundry room to do laundry. (3 washing machines and dryers)
- Near to XMD MTR (about 5 mins walk)
- Clean Room.
- provide service of ordering pineapple tarts and cakes and have them deliver to the hotel for you. ordering form can be found in the lobby
- have a pantry where you can sit down while waiting for your laundry. include free coffee, tea, hot coco and popcorn. TV also.

Cons:
- No windows
- Unable to regulate air con during winter (set air con at 25 but temperature always at 20) tried with 3 modes still unable to raise up the temperature. (heat, fan, cool mode)
- no wardrobes in room. Only provided with hangers.

Others:
- does not offer breakfast but no problem as breakfast is available just across the street. They provide discount vouchers for a cafe across the street for breakfast.

Overall a nice and value for money hotel and given it's close proximity to XMD, convenient for shopping and dining.

Room Tip: May have to request a room with windows in advance if you want a window room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MidNite23
Dear Mr./Ms. MidNite23:

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your comments with us. While we are glad to know that you appreciated our service, location, and amenities, we are sorry for any inconvenience occurred during your stay because of the windowless room and the air-conditioner control problem. Some of the rooms are with window in the room which are the Deluxe room with street room and family room, maybe you could try these room types next time when you visit us. Thank you once again for your comments; we look forward to welcoming you back at Cityinn Hotel Plus Ximending Branch very soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

First time to Taipei and my friend booked this hotel. I would have to say i have never seen a better crew working in a hotel like they run it at Cityinn Ximending Branch! Very friendly and helpful, top-notch service attitude! Will definitely return to this hotel next time i visit taipei again.

Rooms are small so there is little space to move about, walls are thin but it is still value for money staying there. Clean and comfortable living area, and the location of the hotel is just a couple of minute to their train service(Ximen station).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BckPohHan
ShinoChiu, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for selecting Cityinn Hotel Plus Ximending Branch and taking time to share your recent staying experience with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and we have shared your kind words with all the associates. The whole team of Cityinn Hotel Plus Ximending Branch sincerely appreciates your encouragements and feedback so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed in the family room as well as the deluxe room. Overall rooms were bright, clean and provide everything that you'll need. The reception staff were professional and super warm and friendly. They really made our stay there worthwhile. One of the staff, Rae, gave my girls a snack when she complained that she was hungry when we checked in. We ordered the pineapple tarts through the hotel after tasting it. I must say it tasted very very good. It came with nice packaging and so far everyone who tried it said it was good. Regretted not buying more though. To sum up, thumbs up for cityinn ximending. Will definitely be our first choice if we go back to taipei.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for staying at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests. The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedback.. We look forward to welcoming you back at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch very soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

1) clean rooms
2) fantastic location
3) the staff in this hotel including the houskeeping aunties are all super duper friendly and service-oriented. Best service encountered among the many countries we have been to.

Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ShinoChiu, Hotel Supervisor at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for staying at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am joyful to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests. All the staffs and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements. We look forward to welcoming you back at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch very soon.