“Great place in Taipei”
Review of Sharehouse 132

Sharehouse 132
Ranked #36 of 282 Specialty Lodging in Taipei
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Location is perfect right next to Taipei main station about a 12 min walk or a 5 min walk from Zhongshan station, and its easy to find. The staffs were very friendly, accommodating and will always try to help you and recommend spots to see in Taipei. The single rooms were great and perfect, the dorm rooms were great as well with huge lockers that was able to fit my whole suitcase. The common room was very tidy, and the washrooms was adequate. Overall i enjoyed my stay here, I've stayed in alot of hostel and i find Star hostel a great place in Taipei.

The problems was the washroom had only 2 showers and 2 bathrooms for like 3 floors i believe and so you might have to wait at peak times but not to long. Also the washrooms doors were made of bamboo which i thought was bizarre consider that this is not a beach resort?

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank jasoncanada101

Reviewed November 9, 2011

the place looks exactly like it does in the photos. we were given room on the 5th floor (though we earlier requested for the 4th floor and were assured of one - no biggie) and after a long day of walking, we absolutely dreaded the walk up to the highest floor!

the room we stayed in however was clean and tidy. toiletries provided foc. we stayed for 3 nights. apparently there will be a cleaner (?) who will go to each rooms to check each day. the 2nd night when we returned after a long day, we found out that our room was unlock. weird, we thought. when we check with the reception we were told that it must have been the cleaner who had forgotten to lock our room. well, that's definitely a minus for this hostel - security takes the top spot in any traveler accommodation.

otherwise, the staff was pretty accommodating and friendly. not too sure if we will return - the best memory of this place was the long walk up, not to mention that although it is near to the mrt station, it takes around 7-10 minutes of walking (even from the nearest zhongshan station) due to the many stairs in the mrt station.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank mel_C23
Reviewed October 31, 2011

In Oct 2011, I went on a budget trip to Taipei with my friend for 5 days. It is very easy to find star hostel, which is really about 5 mins from Zhong Shan MRT station. We were booked for a private room which had a comfortable bed, a small side table and chair, a flatscreen TV, and with ensuite toilet and bath. The bathroom was nicely stocked with packets of shampoos, shower creams, towels, hair dryer and toilet papers. Our room was not spacious, but it was cosy enough for us. The common area decor was simple and modern. What you saw in those featured pictures were all real (none edited using photoshop).

The staff were friendly and spoke fluent English and Mandarin. They were very helpful when we had questions about transportation and places of interest. They even gave us directions to the nearby bubble tea shop. There was free simple breakfast available. The only problem was that there is no elevator/lift. So, you may have to carry your luggage all the way up to your room (which may be located at the 5th floor). Thankfully, their receptionist was nice enough to help us with our luggage.

It was really great staying at Star Hostel, which I think is of at least a 3-star hotel standard. For as long as I can climb those stairs and whenever I visit Taipei, I'll definitely stay there!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank RYWsg
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This review is way overdue considering that i have been back for more than 2 months, but i had to write it as i really was not disappointed with the place. Perhaps only comment was that the rooms were really pretty small for a 4-bedded dorm and i had to lug my heavy luggage up 2 stories... but everything else made up for this little flaw.

the receptionist was very nice and helpful and the enviroment was excellent . Location was good considering its only 15mins walk from Taipei main station and abt 5 mins away from Zhongshan station.

i loved how comfy the first level was with all the comfy sofas and huge table that i had a small "picnic" with my taiwanese frens who came to look for me.

i will definately recommend this place for people who are looking for a good hostel experience and i wil definately stay here again in the future... =)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank An J
Reviewed October 14, 2011

STAR hostel is located in a very nice neighborhood near the Zhongshan and the Taipei Main Station metro stations. It's really easy to find the hostel from the airport. I took the Kuo Ku Bus Express #1819 and got off the Taipei Main Station and then walked down Zhongxiao West Rd., took a left onto Zhongshan North Rd. It's really easy to get around using the metro. The hostel has only opened a little over a year ago, so the facilities are really nice with new furniture. The receptionists are really helpful and gave me great tips about getting around the city and seeing interesting sites. My only recommendation for them is to make sure the bathrooms are always stocked with plenty of toilet paper and are clean in the morning, when it tends to get messy. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank alicevarren
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I can't but confirm what has already been written about this hostel. What you see in the pictures is real, a very clean place and one of the very few hostel providing free simple breakfast. It's a young , fresh and clean place and they keep it alike. I felt more like being in a B&B than in a hostel.
No lift, so take it into account in case you're travelling with heavy baggage. Good location, easy to find and friendly, perfect english-speaking staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

It was my first trip to Taipei with my friend. It was my first stay in a hostel and I was enticed by the photos put up by other travelers. The place looks clean, fun and gives that chirpy mood. I booked a double room for 4 nights. It was not a disappointment when I arrived. The place was exactly how it looked in the pictures. We checked out the communal bathroom and was surprised at the cleaniness of the shower area.
The staff were helpful especially Eric and Grant whom we are happy to strike a conversation with. They helped us find our way around taipei and was really nice to help us with our luggages. Overall, me and my friend had a wonderful stay and will definetely be back to star again if we drop by taipei.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends