“Excellent customer service”

CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III
Ranked #13 of 575 Hotels in Taipei
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel was my base hotel in Taipei during my Taiwan trip. It is a basic 3 star hotel with very clean room and all the "needs" you require as a traveller. I stayed in a family room with 2 queen beds and I have to admit that the room is very small with minimal moving space. The photos you saw on their official website and the various online hotel booking sites are very close to the real facade 'cos I think the hotel is pretty new and well maintained. As a budget conscious traveller, I think it is a good deal for the price I paid. Do book directly from the cityinn website in advance for much better rates as compared to booking.com or agoda.

The nearest MRT station is Taipei Main station which is around 10-15min slow walk from the hotel. This is a very convenient station as we can buy the rail tickets to other parts of Taiwan too. As I was on a free and easy trip, I don't mind the 15min walk. On some days when we are tired from shopping, we opted to take taxi back to the hotel. Taxi fares in Taipei are very reasonable. I spent ard NT100 to take a taxi from Ximending to the hotel.

The "needs" of the hotel were all provided. The "wants" of a traveller which I derived from CityInn Taipei Station 3 were the excellent customer service. The staff at the reception are all very friendly and knowledgeable. I guess maybe all the guests asked the same question so they can answer the questions confidently and accurately as well. I asked for directions to HelloKitty theme restaurant and the Wufenpen garment area and they were able to guide me accurately using public transport mode.

The highlight of my trip was that I left my shopping bag at Sogo and I managed to get my stuff delivered back to Singapore! I didn't realise I left my bag behind until end of the day when I returned back to the hotel and I was due to board the morning flight back to Singapore on the following morning. Firstly, I wasn't sure whether Sogo has my stuff in its "lost and found" 'cos someone else might have taken it away. The receptionist on night duty, Colin and another guy, reassured me that I must be positive and they will call Sogo to enquire for me.

On the morning when I need to check out at ard 10am, the morning receptionist told me that her colleague has updated her abt my case and she will call Sogo when it opens at 11am. I was surprised that I don't need to remind them abt the need to call. I was very impressed with the guys on night duty (Colin and colleague) who must have made an effort to document my "case" and handover to the day time colleagues.

When I was at Taoyuan airport at approx 12pm, I didn't receive any update and was worried so I called the receptionist. The receptionist told me they didn't call Sogo yet and to be frank, I was pretty dissapointed that they didn't follow-up. Guess they were busy. However, their subsequent follow-up more than make up for this minor hiccup. The day time receptionist updated me abt the situation and I was very relieved when I heard that Sogo has my stuff with them. When I was back in Singapore, the Cityinn staff took the initiative to check with me whether I have received my stuff from Sogo and volunteered to call Sogo if I have yet to receive. This is so nice of them. They are not obligated to help me contact Sogo as it was entirely my negligence that I left my bag behind. Such excellent customer service from Cityinn Taipei Station 3 has left a deep impression and I would love to stay in this hotel for future trips. Must applaud the management for training such a fleet of dedicated customer oriented staff. Thank you to all of you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank moonzzz
Chloelin, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such a positive comment to us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. . We believe this main reason which making our hotel better and better once we receive every guest's feedback.
Your recognition of our service, room cleanliness and location is greatly appreciated. We certainly hope that you will recommend us to your friends and family, and most importantly, please do come and stay with us again next time you visit Taipei!

Yours Faithfully,

Chloe Lin, Supervisor
Cityinn Taipei main station Branch III

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Overall a very clean and modern hotel - the rooms are small but very comfy. Travelled with friends in a party of 3, which the hotel allowed with a small surcharge of 380 TWD for an additional pillow, towel, toothbrush, a bottle of water and a large comforter. No extra bed/mattress was provided during our stay.

Location-wise, it's within walking distance to Q-Square (a shopping mall), Taipei Train Station and the High Speed Rail to the airport. KFC and McDonalds is just round the corner, and a 7-11 (convenience store) is nearby as well.

The big plus points of this hotel are the warm and friendly staff who will always greet you as you enter. The hotel also provides a pantry on the ground floor for complimentary coffee and tea (anytime of the day), and comes equipped with a microwave oven for those late night snacks from the nearby 7-11. The hotel also comes with a self-service washing machine and dryer (not sure if it was free - didn't utilize it).

One point to note that for our room, the shower stall and the sitting toilets are 2 separate cubicles, side-by-side - but that's not a problem.

Overall, a great hotel for couples who are looking for nice comfy hotel. They provide free wifi (the speed is a bit slow though) and I will certainly come back here again :)

Room Tip: If you are travelling in a group of 3, do ask for a room with a long pedestal by the side of the sta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jenniferfish, 主任 Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and saticfied wuth our location, service and facilities.

It's certainly our pleasure to accommodate you and we sincerely look forward to your staying with us again.

Yours sincerely,

Jennifer Chen
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at City Inn Taipei III for three nights: First 2 nights on 8th floor and last night of our trip on 6th floor. The overall experience was excellent owing to the good location, wonderful service and clean modern rooms. I will definitely choose City Inn again when I return to Taipei.

Positive experiences:
- Central location within short walking distance to Taipei High Speed Rail, MRT & Bus station, great for taking short tours out of Taipei. The underground malls are endless for souvenir shopping.
- Clean & modern rooms with basic toiletries, free Wifi, free snacks & beverages, boiling flask, sufficient power points. Room doors and walls have cool wall motifs, just like what is shown on website.
- Courteous & helpful staff who recommended breakfast eateries when we first arrived early and who assisted us with the transferring of our digital photos from camera card to hard disk storage. Thank you!
- Chic looking self-service kitchen with fridge, coffee/tea making machines, microwave & toaster, useful for those who like to snack late at night or dine in for breakfast.

Drawbacks:
- Rooms are generally very small and do not come with wardrobe, except for a bar with a few hangers. Request for rooms with wall designs which are more spacious than those with windows.
- Directions to the hotel may be confusing as it's not captured on Google Map for some reason
- I would also suggest for more varieties of travel brochures to be placed at the common area (currently there's only a bus travel brochure)

Directions tips:
If you're arriving via airport express bus and alighting at the bus terminal, walk towards the overhead bridge junction and cross to walk to the McDonald sign, the hotel is just across the small road from the KFC and McDonald.
If you're arriving via Taipei HSR, walk underground towards QSquare or Taipei Bus Station, get out of QSquare and you should see the McDonald sign.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenniferfish, 主任 Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate you staying with us and thank you for taking your time to share your comments on tripadvisor. We are so delighted to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed our services. Your comment is the motivation for us to improve our facilities and service. It is our goal to make "Cityinn Experience" achieve and exceed our guest expectations.

Shall you have any questions or concern, please feel free to contact us anytime. Thank you again for sharing your experience, expecailly directions tips to other guests. We are looking forward to serving you in the future.

Jennifer Chen
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A great hotel to stay in. Conveniently located near the Taipei Train Station, Bus Station and High Speed Rail. There are many good eating places surrounding the hotel. The front desk services are great! Booked the airport transfer service to Taoyuan International Airport from the hotel and the driver was superb! Will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Harris961, 業者 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for this nice review on us. It points out your experience and easy for other travelers to know more about CityInn Hotel Taipei main station Branch III
With your encouragement, we will do our best to improve ourselves to be better. It is our honor to have you as our guest. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Harris Lin/Supervisor
Cityinn Hotel Taipei main station Branch III
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I was there with my partner stay for 3 nights. On the last day stay we were left our big luggage in hotel and continue our journey to Middle part of Taiwan. After 5 days we back to the hotel and collect our luggage the hotel staff still remember us ^^ I just simply feel that is great.

Staff there are friendly and very nice. When we first arrive we were go wrongly to City Inn II but the staff was politely told us that City Inn III is at next door and help us carry luggage to check-in.

After check-in there they will clearly brief all the service and charges.

A 3 star hotel but provided 4 star service. Well done.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chloelin, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Ms. Lu,

Thank you for taking your time to share such wonderful comments. We are truly grateful!

We are proud to have wonderful staff members believing in always offering the best service. It is our pleasure to express our warm hospitality to all our guests and we ensure you that our heartwarming service will go on.

On behalf of all our staff, I would like to express our gratitude again. We all look forward to your next visit to Taipei. There is always a warm welcome for you here.

Yours Faithfully,

Chloe Lin
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

A great little hotel just minutes away from the main Taipei railway station, and bus station and acres and acres of shopping malls.

Friendly, well trained reception staff who remember you, The rooms were great and "funky". Each room had a different theme on its door which made for some very interesting artwork.

The rooms are spotless, beds very comfy, good bathroom and free wifi.

My only complaint was the blind which was not light proof and the front of hotel floodlights made for a less than comfortable night, if you are like me who prefers total darkness.... but in the overall scheme of things, this is a minor point.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate you staying with us and sharing your positive feedback on tripadvisor, it is our goal to continue to improve our service that to meet and exceed our guest expectations.
I was extremely delighted to know that our staff’s performance pleased you made your trip a smooth and memorable one. All of them have read this feedback which has been a great encouragement to us all. Your nice experience is the motivation for us to continue trying to be active every day.

Yours sincerely,

Chloe Lin
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Got a family room for 4 adults for 3000 NTD for a night-stay. Nice and clean room with helpful staff on duty. Also, we found that painted doors; every hotel-room door with a different motif design was interesting. A clever idea to interest the guest! We like it.

You will need to walk about 15 minutes from the Taipei Main Station to locate the hotel.
( it is next door to FIRST BANK LTD. and opposite the KFC Fast Food store )

Rated good. We enjoy the stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JerryThirteen
JohnnyChiang, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear jerryjerry13,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are truly appreciative of the detail information to relate your experience to us and other travelers. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards