“Over the top experience!”
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #10 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Boulder Creek, California
“Over the top experience!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I've stayed here every June (for Computex) since this hotel opened and the service seems to get better every year. I'm a platinum SPG member and I can't say enough about the treatment and service I've received. Out of all the SPG hotels I've stayed at around the world, this one is top notch.

I rolled in from the airport, greeted at the car by a front desk rep. Up to the front desk area to switch elevators and greeted personally by the revenue manager Matt. He welcomed me, gave me his business card, had me skip the front desk check in and have the rep take me straight to my room. As we walked away he said enjoy your stay & room, you'll be pleased with it.

I sure was, upgraded to a Wonderful corner suite (as in past years) and on the top floor. The rep took my CC & passport info, gave me a long stay package (maps, dining & shop info, etc) and the bags showed up a few minutes later. Also waiting for me was a snack plate of bread, cheese and nuts, all of this very welcome after a 14 hour flight.

The great service continued throughout my 11 night stay. The hotel manager greeted me personally at breakfast and gave me his business card. When I went to happy hour on the 31st floor, the bar host greeted me continually by my first name w/o asking who I was.

Rooms and facility are very nice, beds are comfortable and location is good, right on top of the City hall MRT. On top of all of this, I continually received complimentary turn down "goodies" scattered throughout my stay: Macaroons, fruit plate, cheese plate, iced micro brew beers, and of course the little bags of gummy bears on my bed every night. Matt, the revenue manager emailed me twice during the stay to check on things as well as a follow up after I got home. I have never received over the top service like this at ANY hotel (and I've stayed at quite a few worldwide). Good job guys, keep it up!

Room Tip: Corner Wonderful suites are just that, wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear MikeGeeeee,

You just made our day. We are all overwhelmed by learning the excellent stay experience that you shared with us, and we feel truly grateful that you granted us this opportunity to present our hospitality to you. Nothing is more wonderful than providing all our precious guests the top notch stay experiences. We will surly keep sharpening our service with the genuine care and prompt assistant. Sincerely thank you for your constant stays. We would definitely love to see your back again and again.

W Taipei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We visited for a weekend get-away from Hong Kong in May, we weren't sure what to expect as we'd both never stayed at a W hotel before and we both said what a wonderful surprise it was to have chosen to stay here! The car that was booked for us arrived promptly (this was a surprise for me as it was a Posche!) and the driver was very friendly. We were able to check in very quickly and liked that there was a special "whatever" desk that we could approach if there was anything we wanted to know (indeed we used this later on in the weekend to ask about night markets). The bar area was more like a sophisticated club and we went there later and sat by the pool with cocktails and snacks- the bar staff were a little slow but once they realized where we were sat they were more attentive. Our room was fabulous with really quirky style details - like a red gorilla in the corner, white noise player and a chaise for reading right by the picture window. I also loved the huge bath and we appreciated the well-stocked mini-bar!The next two days we went for Brunch and breakfast respectively and agreed it was just perfect- there is everything you could wish for and more to eat and drink as well as really friendly staff and a relaxed setting - We'd totally love to go back or try out some more W hotels!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 15th floor and there was wonderful views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear JetsetterHongKong,

Really, really thank you for sharing such a wonderful stay experience that you had in W Taipei with us! It’s our honor to be your first-ever W Hotel, and it’s also our pleasure to provide you a perfect stay from the beginning to the end. Your lovely review has been forwarded to the related departments, and we sincerely believe it would definitely encourage all of us to keep providing the warmest and attentive service to all our precious guests. Thank you again, and we would definitely welcome you back again to explore more fun in this happening city!

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed June 11, 2014

W Taipei is located in the downtown and most modern part of Taipei. It is conveniently located next to the metro and also walking distance to the most popular clubs and bars in the city. Its woobar on the 11th floor is also one of the more popular bars for anyone living or visiting Taipei - certainly one of my favorite places to start the night ;). Aside from that of course it has all the amenities and service is excellent. Language is not an issue there. So if it's your first time to Taipei (or even if you have been before) I highly recommend choosing this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Andrew S
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Andrew S,

Great thanks for your recommendation! It is such a wonderful thing to know that you had a great time in your first trip to Taipei while staying with us. We are also thrilled to know how you love W Taipei and our convenient location, happening WOOABR and excellent service. Please do come back and stay with us again and let us grant you another perfect stay!

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited and stay in the W hotel in end of may with my family. Upon reaching the check in was smooth and fast.. the laundry service was prompt, laundry received by crew and i received within the day. Room dining food were tasty too. My kids enjoy every bits when they are in the hotel and kept pushing us back to the hotel when we are out.

Thumbs up for the effort and service we had..... goob job.....

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Nelson Q,

Great, great, great thanks for your lovely review. You just made our day! It’s our pleasure to provide you and your family a fabulous stay with the prompt service, the luscious food and everything you have experienced. Once again we appreciate your recognition and recommendation, and we sincerely look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I came to this hotel a couple of times for dinner during a long business stay in Taipei and loved it. I tried both the "international" restaurant at lobby level as well as the Cantonese on the upper floor and both cuisines were outstanding.

A notable highlight is indeed the pool where you can enjoy drinks in the evening, a great place where to unwind after a busy day at work.

Wine selection was very rich as well, which is quite rare in Taipei, but most of all I really appreciated everyone speaking perfect English which, again, is something very, very, very difficult to find in Taiwan even among 5 star hotels.

I will definitely consider come back for more than just dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Frandrake
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Frandrake,

Thank you so much for visiting our the kitchen table and YEN Chinese restaurant and sharing your review with us. It’s our pleasure to provide you outstanding dining experiences with the wonderful environment and the great services. You are most welcome to come back not only for exploring more dainty cuisines but a comfy and enjoyable stay with us.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 3, 2014

A great place to spend a few days in Taipei. Close enough to the main sites that you can get out and see things but lovely to spend hours by the pool or in your room relaxing / partying. They had a pool party of sorts when we were there and it was great fun! Probably not ideal for families or people wanting peace and quiet - that said we could not hear noise from our room.

Room Tip: Away from the pool is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CassInHK
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear CassInHK,

Thank you for staying in W Taipei and sharing this wonderful review with us! It is such a great thing to know that you had a luxurious fun time during your stay. And we also appreciate how you enjoyed our Sun-kissed summer pool party. Please do come back again, experience another lovely stay and explore more fun in both our hotel and this city!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Everything from the service, design, experience, location and breakfast, I can't find any fault of this hotel. Just surprises, perhaps.

If not for the razor which is quite basic in quality, I will give this hotel 100 marks.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Taipei 101 should be the first choice as it offers good view of Taipei city. Floor leve...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Good_Partner
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Good_Partner,

We are so thrilled to know that you had a perfect stay with us and enjoyed almost every aspect at our hotel. The feedback of the razor has been passed to the service department for future improvement. Thank you for your inspiring review, and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

With the best,