“the place to be!”
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #9 of 570 Hotels in Taipei
“the place to be!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I came from California to visit friends in Taipei and chose to stay at W Taipei for a week. fantastic city hotel located right next to the MRT for easy access throughout the town. The guest services staff was quick to greet and gather our luggage for us, shout out to Joshua and the blonde gentleman from Toronto (cant recall the name). they always remembered me as I came to and from the property. very personalized feeling to the welcome here. check in was fast and my agent was very sweet and knowledgeable about fun things to do on property. rooms are very large especially for compared to some other hotels I have stayed at in Asia.
rooms are what you expect from the W brand, very posh and funky, definitely some interesting items in the minibar. beds are very comfy and the shower is amazing!
the bars are a lot of fun with a great list of beer, wine and crafted cocktails. great social vibe here.
would also like to recognize Kenny the director of housekeeping and J. Hsu the welcome manager for going above and beyond to make my visit to Taiwan special.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend this property to all. while it is a but pricey, it is worth every penny.
thanks W Taipei, see you soon!

Room Tip: it is a city hotel so view doesn't really matter. the rooms are far away from restaurants and ou...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DK_ninjaaaaa
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear DK_ninjaaaaa,

Thank you for this uplifting review! We loved that we have impressed you in a lot of aspects, including the location, the design, the fun, the vibe and especially the personalized service we provided. Your compliments toward the team, especially to Joshua, Louis (the blonde gentleman from Toronto), Kenny and J. Hsu have been passed and we trust your word will encourage our talents will keep up with this Whatever/Whenever service commitment. Once again we appreciate your kindness and look forward to welcoming you for another special amazing experience.

W Taipei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Macau, China
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time to Taipei and we will be back! The service was the best of any hotel I have stayed at in the world. The help of the Concierge team was second to none. We have a happy anniversary cake as we arrived with a corner suite that overlooked the city. Great amenities in the room, my wife loved the heated toilet seat! The hotel is right next to great shopping and MANY restaurants. Several western and Japanese restaurants very close. I want to give a special thanks to Joyce Hsu, a W Insider, who went out of her way to help us when my wife was not feeling well the last two days of our trip. We were not able to get to ChiaTe for their famous Pineapple cakes for our daughter so Joyce sent someone to purchase them for us! The only negative was the Kitchen Table buffet in the hotel. The food was good but never hot unless it was made for you. The items on the buffet lines were warm at best. We ate breakfast and dinner there. Steak night had great selections but side dishes were all cold, especially the creamed spinach, disappointing. This can be fixed easily if the Chef would just check it once in a while. The severs we pleasant but way too busy to give proper service at dinner. We will be back to stay at the W because of the great service so don't let that stop you!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim K
Dear Jim K,

Many thanks to your review on us. It is uplifting to know that you enjoyed a great anniversary getaway in our hotel. We also appreciate your recognition towards our insider Joyce.
Nothing is more important than seeing our valuable guests like you happy and satisfied with your stay. On the other hand, we have seriously noted your feedback towards the kitchen table and conducted the necessary improvement right away. There are still a lot of things to be explored in this happening city, so please do come back to Taipei again and we would definitely looking forward to welcoming you.

Massachusetts
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I recently stayed here for 3 nights during a business trip To Taipei.

Everything was fantastic, starting with the pick up at the airport, the great breakfasts, the room and hotel decor and especially the service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank groberts2004
Dear groberts2004,

Thank you so much for staying in W Taipei and shared your review with us. We are thrilled to know that you had a fantastic stay experience, especially the service from our talents. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The music hit me rather hard as I entered the ground floor lobby. Then I found out that the reception is on the 10th floor. Here the music was subdued but the decor is a little bit too luxurious, too young-themed. For example there are huge light fixtures, 3feet in diameter, on the floor, and there is a critical amount beyond which granite and chrome and glass are indeed too much (the Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong is one such extreme example). But I forgave all as I entered the room. The interior is so tasteful! Spacious room ( a complete contrast to Palais de Chine, Taipei) , a magnificent view from a full window, quiet, subdued, artful interior and the bedding feels bordering on divine. As I was settling down, there was a knock on the door and a staff lady brought in a cocktail set ( Oolong Martini). I enjoyed the whole ceremony with which she assembled the whole thing in front of me although I didn't partake of the said Martini. The staff everywhere is pleasant and efficient, the breakfast is great, the conference area is good, (its washroom is a luxurious relaxation area) and the internet available throughout the hotel is fantastic (a big contrast from almost all Australian hotels I have experienced so far). The building is brand new and bright and located walking distance from Taipei 101. A thoroughly recommendable place.

Room Tip: Go high. I did not have the Taipei 101 view but even the view I had was good enough to get many &quo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank hrishikul298
Dear hrishikul298,

Great appreciation for your valuable review on us. It is always uplifting to have a thorough experience sharing from our guests. From your review, we are thrilled to know that you had a great time in so many aspects, especially in our comfy room and the pleasant and efficient service. We are also pleased to receive your recommendation. Thank you again for staying with us and please do come back to us in the near future for another superb W experience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The room is comfortable but quite noisy in the morning due to construction side nearby. That's probably the reason the hotel provides white noise machine in room with rain and ocean etc noise as that would help?!

No better location than this hotel in Taipei as the hotel situates in the center of xinyi area and having indoor connection to MRT.

The service is always the weakness for this hotel from my various visits of the bar at 10F. This time overall is not too bad except the front desk should smile more and be more welcoming plus leaving cool attitude somewhere else.

Last but not the least, till this day I could not understand the first call I made to the reservation and expressed that I would like a king size bed room but a double beds room was booked for me?! Also I said that please put remark away from the elevator on my reservation for me. I was told it is impossible and I could only do that upon check in?! What is the reservation system is this I wonder......

• Stayed March 2014
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Vivian L,

Thank you for staying and sharing your review with us. We understand the frustration you have encountered during this stay and immediate action has been taken place for improvement. We appreciate your feedback that gave us an opportunity to provide better services to all our valuable guests. Thank you again and we sincerely look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The hotel design is comtemporary but expensive.. With the expensive price, the wifi is not free and only for two guests or members. The location is strategic as it is located at heart of city, connected to Hankyu shopping mall. The LG floor of the mall has a nice foodcourt and the dining is easy, lots of variety and convenient. it also connected with subway station. The next block is Eslite Bookstore and there are 5 shopping malls surrounding it. 10 mins walking distance to Taipei101.

The ground floor is Woobar. The bar is nice.

The breakfast is expensive, Cost TWD 880++.Please decide whether it is worthy to have it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ShaneLean
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear ShaneLean,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad to know that you like our location and inviting WOOBAR. Regarding to the complimentary WiFi for SPG members, we are always welcoming you to enroll the membership anytime, anywhere for free. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and we are looking forward to seeing your back soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

no free upgrade room service even stay here for 7 nights, which i am understand i am not Golden and platinum card holder, what make me very very disappointed and angry is they nv provide newspaper even after i do request but they forgot, what i can say, cost me S$460 per night, is that i ask too much who tell me

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rachel H
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Rachel H,

We regret that our service didn't meet your expectations and the newspaper service wasn't delivered during your stay as requested on the first day. This is indeed not our service standard and an immediate investigation and action plan have been conducted for further improvement. We would like to thank you for your feedback which give us an opportunity to improve ourselves. If we can have the chance again, we look forward to your return for an authentic W experience.