“3rd Anniversary Party”
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #10 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
“3rd Anniversary Party”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Finding some time to write this review because I think they deserve it. Stayed in W Taipei since opening till today and I decided to fly to Taipei to celebrate its 3rd birthday. As a Platinum member, you will always get surprises and room upgrades. Not only you will get fantastic room facing Taipei 101, you get fantastic service. I managed to get all the 3 gifts specially for the 3rd anniversary. Some experience that I get from the staff was Wonderful. Three talents have given me a wonderful experience. One of them, fifi who brought the welcome gift to the room have gone the extra mile to ensure that everything in the room was in order and ask me to look for her if there are anything that I need. Next is another talent at Yen Restaurant but din manage to get her name. She remember me when I went for the party in the late evening at woo bar and she greeted me. Last talent, Stone was the most impressive one. As I wanted to collect the 3rd anniversary shaker but I do not take alcohol so he actually do one mojito that has no alcohol for me. This really impress me with such exceptional service and request that I have. No words to describe the happiness that i had there until you tried the W experience on your own and that is why I liked W so much

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Bobgh80,

Great, great, great thanks to you for flying to Taipei to celebrate our birthday with us! It is such a wonderful thing that we could have your support since we opened in 2011. Your recognition towards us and our talents in particular is truly the best birthday gift to us. Wish you a very pleasant 2014, and we always welcome your back again and again from the deepest of our heart.

W Taipei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed February 24, 2014

W Taipei is equally impressive as the top W establishments in Asia, I rank W Taipei in the same league as W HK and W Seoul. The commanding views overlooking the airport on one side and downtown on the other side provide a great view of Taipei. The Woobar overlooking the outdoor pool is an impressive ambiance for a dip or drinks.

W Taipei offers a unique W experience. The staff are attentive, extremely courteous, professional and helpful. All points you will come to not only appreciate but thankful for non-Chinese speakers. Everything you expect a W Hotel.

The ambiance in the lobby and rooms with a chic modern Chinese, Western fusion blended decor is refreshingly different while not forgetting the comforts of home. Unlimited drinks during Happy Hours for SPG Platinum/Gold members is great any night of the week to sit back, relax and soak in the atmosphere.

A fantastic team that continually caters to guests needs at every opportunity to deliver a truly W for Wonderful experience.

W Taipei exceeds the standard for W hotels around the world.

Room Tip: High floors, corner rooms overlooking downtown or airport in the distance as you watch planes take o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear NCheok,

Great appreciations to your excellent review on us! We are pleased to know that you received an unique W experience during your stay and found our talents attentive and helpful. Your wonderful recognition truly encourages us to keep providing the heart-touching services to all our respectful guests like you. We would love to see you back again to us as W Taipei will always be your home away from home in this happening city.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 24, 2014

A nice and chic hotel. Staff are friendly and attentive. The bar at the top floor is not too bad with a great view of the city. Location wise it's just right next to the train station and bus terminal. Walking distance to Taipei 101.

However, the only disappointing part was the breakfast. The choices were okay though i expected more and the taste of the food was really below those hotels of similar rank. Better save the money for some where else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear T_Terrence,

Thank you for your review on us. We are thrilled to know that you like our chic ambiance, the attentive talents and the view from our YEN bar. However, we feel sorry that our breakfast quality didn't meet your expectations. Our chefs are revising the menu and immediate action is implemented to provide a larger varieties and selections during breakfast at the kitchen table. Thank you for giving us a chance to make ourselves better, and we sincerely look forward to your next visit to see our improvement.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a night at W Taipei as transit accommodation before flying home. Lovely Taipei street view from my 30th level room. Outstanding and dedicated services rendered. Experienced an earthquake in the middle of the night, gave front desk a call to check on the situation and concerned staff offered to send a hot drink to room to calm and get me back to sleep again.

The bed was big and really comfy that I could hardly get myself out of it the next morning.

One down point was that the 2 sets of iPhone docking stations provided in the room do not support lightning connection and there wasn't any convertor available for loan at Whatever. A little bit of disappointment there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear AngeliaC14,

Thank you so much for your wonderful post. It’s our pleasure to know that you enjoyed the fabulous view from our hotel rooms and the outstanding services from our talents, especially the thoughtful comforting amenity after the earthquake. However we are sorry about the shortage of the iPhone converter and have implemented an action plan to solve this problem.
We wish to see you soon for another amazing stay at W Taipei.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights last week. Very high room had good views. Extremely modern, chic decour which was totally functional and interesting on the eye. The bar on the top floor was very dark, however, the WooBar had a wonderful feel to it. Great staff serving the drinks who made sure you were served promptly and even remembered the drink order from the day before. It was raining while I was there which was a pity as the pool looked very tempting. It was literally steaming! Didn't get to try the spa due to a head cold - thanks to the concierge team for providing hot tea, honey and lemon drink to my room. Had buffet on Valentines Day which was a beautiful selection if not somewhat expensive. The beef was gorgeous - Fabulous selection to suit all tastes. Overall the truly friendly, helpful staff made my stay a Wonderful experience. Will definitely stay here here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear sarah r,

It is always a great thing to know our precious guests like you had a wonderful experience during the stay. We are thrilled to know you like our WOOBAR, WET swimming pool, and the Valentine’s Day dinner in the kitchen table that much. What we are always aiming to is providing the prompt and friendly services and make sure all our guests receive a WOW and fabulous stay with us. There is nothing could encourage us more but seeing our guests’ smile. We truly appreciate your review and we are definitely looking forward to your next stay.

San Jose, California
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great hotel - room, service and just about everything else. Bed was so comfortable I could hardly get out of it. I will definitely stay at this W again if I return to Taipei. Service was outstanding and I wish I could have given it a 6 star for service alone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chakra123,

Thank you for your great review. It is so uplifting to know that you enjoyed the stay, especially our signature W bed and the outstanding service from our talents. It is also very pleasant to receive your “6 star” recognition, so flattered! We are surly looking forward to welcoming you back to bring you another wonderful experience.

With best regards
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 17, 2014

As of 2014, I don't believe you can find another finer & luxurious hotel to stay with in the heart of Taipei - W Taipei is currently my #1 hotel selection/recommedation. W Taipei lives up to its brand and reputation to the fullest; an iconic symbol in Taipei. It is trendy and hip for the youngsters and upscale quality for travelers among all ages.

The hotel staff are warm and eager to fulfill the needs of their customers, from check-in to exit. Upon check-in, I was offered to a free upgrade to spectacular room (as a SPG-Gold member), this is always pleasant. Besides the minor extra SPG points collected from my stay, and hotel staff also presented me a complementary drink vouchers at their WooBar/YenBar.

The room was very clean, spacious, bright, with a lovely perky scent when you entered the room; nothing to complain about within eye-sight. All the usual amendities were all in place, clean towels, toothbrush, shaving razor, soap/shampoo/lotion, hair-dryer, water bottles...etc. For techy folks, there is a big 42" TV, BOSE speakers, free internet (wired&wireless), VGA/HDMI cable, USB charge port, DVD player(stored in closet), superb for WHATEVER of your entertainment feeds. A special honorable mention to their window drape/curtain, it is "vampire-friendly" for daylight sleeper.

Long story short..... if you are visiting Taipei no matter for business or pleasure, give W Taipei a chance, it will be a Wonderful hotel experience. I understand it might come as a little pricey, but it will definitely worth every drop of your pennies.

Room Tip: If available, ask for room facing Taipei 101.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear jjluvzu,

You just made our day! We are so thrilled to know that we are the number one hotel in Taipei in your mind, moreover, you had enjoyed so many aspects in our hotel, especially the special benefits for SPG Gold members. It is also awesome to have such a thorough room introduction and fabulous words from you. We truly appreciate your wonderful recognition towards us and sincerely look forward to your next visit for another finest stay at W Taipei.