“Trendy, hip and amazing service”
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #11 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Paris, France
“Trendy, hip and amazing service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at the W Taipei for a weekend and loved our experience. The hotel is centrally located and is uber trendy and hip.
The rooms are spacious and tastefully done.

During our stay we dined at the coffee shop for breakfast and also had drinks at the two hotel bars. Great vibe with good buzz!

The service was excellent and the servers went out of their way to ensure that we had a good experience.

Great stay and I will def stay there during my next visit to Taipei.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RadParis
JulianLin921, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear RadParis,

We are thrilled to read your amazing review. It’s our pleasure to know that you had a wonderful experience with us and enjoyed our hotel in many aspects, especially the attentive service. Your uplifting words will motivate us to continue offering excellent experiences to all our guests. Thank you for sharing your comment and we definitely look forward to seeing you and your lovely family back.

Best regards,
W Taipei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been to Taipei many times and actually lived there for a year in the 90s. I was recommended to the "W" Hotel by a friend from Taipei. After all the glamorous, but very 'grown-up" hotels in Taipei, we finally can have some serious "Cool- factor". It is a wonderful Hotel, cool and fabulous without skimping on the service. The staff were so attentive and helpful, always willing to help and offer a free coffee or such. The rooms are lovely, a fabulous pool and bar area. At times I wondered if they hired the guests for their good-looks. Will go again.

Room Tip: A view of 101.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Katepadgetkoh
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Katepadgetkoh,

Thank you so much for this cool review. We are thrilled to know that you think our hotel is wonderful on rooms and facilities, especially our attentive services. We definitely look forward to seeing you back with us soon to have another fabulous experience at W Taipei.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at the W for three nights on a previous business trip and loved it. The rooms are trendy and comfortable at the same time with ample space. The amenities in the room are top of the line and they have Japanese style toilets. Since my room was near the pool and could be noisy (I didn't hear it), they offered a white noise machine to help ensure a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have had in my travels and had stations for every different taste.

I hope I get the chance to come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite facing the pool since it has two bathrooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott1734
Dear Scott1734,

Thank you for sharing this uplifting comment with us! We are happy to know that you had a great rest during your business trip. We are thrilled to know that you rated our breakfast buffet one of the best ever had. Wish to see you back to stay with us again for another breakfast feast!

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed July 25, 2013

W Taipei would be a great hotel for young people, it has a great location, right next to the biggest and most modern shopping complex in Taipei,k surrounded Hundreds of restaurants and street vendors. The hotel has a dance bar or some sort, and its loud! In the middle of the nights, you can hear music even in 20+ floor. I wouldn't recommend this to family with small kids, but great for business traveler or young people

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HowellPan
Dear HowellPan,

Thank you for choosing W Taipei during your visit. We are thrilled to know that you found both our hotel and the location great. However, we regret to hear that the noise you experienced! By request we provide Marpac SleepMate sound machine which can effectively masks-out unwanted noise that may interfere with your ability to sleep, relax or concentrate on work. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a busy place. Alot of young people come here for drinks or to attend pool parties next to the lobby, which is always blasted with loud music. Like other "Ws" around the world, I know some people like this, as being "hip", but to me that's another nuisance which I would rather leave behind when I travel. Room-wise it's the same sort of stuff you'd expect from "W". So, not particularly my favourite but if you want to see and maybe be seen, this would be the place to be. But if you want a quiet vacation in which you can lay low and not be bothered, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Higher-floor rooms have a good view of the city/101, and even Songshan Airport.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CHM1
Dear CHM1,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are happy to know that you like our location and the view from the room. Cocktail Culture, Design, Fashion and Music are the core of W brand and we wish our guests can enjoy their time with us. Whilst in the room is equipped and designed to provide our guests good time sleep and rest. Thank you again and we would love to have a chance to welcome you back to W Taipei again.

Best regards,
California
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stayed at quite a few SPG hotels over the years, including a few W Hotels, but none can come close to my experience at this hotel. The rooms are well designed and spacious, the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are great, the views can be very good, and the staff is very attentive. I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: As for a room with a view of Taipei 101.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael F
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Michael F,

Many thanks for the wonderful review! We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We also look forward to welcoming you back again to bring you another ultramodern luxury experience.

Best Regards,
Coachella, California
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stay at Starwood properties a lot (platinum with ambassador) and this is my new favorite hotel! The location in the Xinyi District is great and it is right above a subway station. I waited less than a minute each time I took a cab day or late night. There was always a hotel staff person to relay destinations to the drivers in a local language if needed. It is a 10 minute walk to Taipei 101.

The hotel is a newer property and has all modern amenities. The corner suite we were given had jaw dropping floor to ceiling views of Taipei 101 from every room. The gym was a good size and had plenty of options. The pool is on the 10th floor at the lower bar and gets busy weekend evenings. It can get rowdy with some douchy types late night but just go to the bar on the 31st floor for some salvation and great views. The daily happy hour for gold/platinum members was also a nice evening starter at either bar.

The check in was quick on the 10th floor and the staff was very welcoming. A pet peeve of mine is having to wait an hour for luggage after check in at a large property like this: that did not happen here (less than 10 mins). The hotel accidentally delivered some else's dry cleaning to our room (found it in the closet). A simple mistake but when I called it was picked up immediately and a manager later followed up to again apologize. They also made sure the charge didn't appear on the bill. This sounds benign but I can't tell you many times I find fixing simple problems like this to be a challenge for some hotels.

The attention to detail and effort at creating a pleasurable environment for the guests was evident in every staff member I encountered. As a frequent traveler I understand how difficult this is to execute at a large property like the W Taipei. This elevates the experience from great to uniquely exceptional. The team there is doing something very right.

I will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it to any savvy traveler looking for something upscale that can truly make you feel at home in a bustling city like Taipei.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Fantastic suite for fantastic city views of Taipei 101 from every room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eblis3
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear eblis3,

We can’t express how thrilled we are to be your new favorite hotel! We are glad to know that you found our hotel great in location, room amenities, gym facilities, efficient check-in process, awesome views at YEN Bar, SPG Gold/Platinum benefits and most of all, the attention to details service from our attentive talents. Thank you again for taking your time to write us such a wonderful review. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back again so we can provide you another exceptional experience with us, your home away from home in Taipei!

Best regards