“A room with a view, an hotel with style, people with personality”
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #18 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed March 21, 2013

W hotel is a must when I visit Taipei which has been quite often over the past 6 months!
And If you're like me and spend almost 50% of your time in hotels, you would probably enjoy a place with character. And that's exactly what W is about: this hotel has a true personality and style! And you don't find that much in the hotel world!

The staff is incredibly helpful and nice, the rooms comfortable and spacious, the location is perfect!

I stay at W, and I can't imagine changing !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear ThomasLeclercq,

It is such a pleasure to read your heartening review on us. We are so thrilled to know that W Taipei is your first choice in town. It’s also wonderful that you enjoyed our design, room with great view, the location and especially our helpful talent. Thank you for sharing your comment with us and we hope you will visit us again soon!

W Taipei

Write a ReviewReviews (2,775)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights while touring Asia. The hotel is located in Xinyi, which is the business district of Taipei and unlike many parts of the city, this area is very clean. It is also a 2 minute walk from the nearest MRT and thus very convenient to visit other parts of Taipei. Check-in was smooth and the staff were friendly enough but I wouldn't say anything exceptional.

The room though... wow. Absolutely loved it. This was the first W I ever stayed at but compared to the other 5-star properties during my trip I would rate this one best overall and that's saying a lot because I stayed at the Wonderful room which is the lowest level room they have. Room was very clean and the decor very attractive. Bed was extremely comfortable. Large open bathroom with overhead rainforest shower and my favorite feature of the room: automatic toilet with "rinser". Anytime I had to go it was hands-free as the toilet detected my presence and lifted the toilet cover and flushed itself when I left.

Can't say enough good things about the hard product but service staff, with the exception of valets and bellhops, leaves something to be desired. W hotels are definitely not cheap but if you want to splurge I don't think there's a better choice in Taipei then this place. If I get a chance to visit Taipei again, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a skyscraper to the east of the W. This will cover a large portion of your view for most ea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank melloyellowaz
Reviewed March 19, 2013

traveled to TPE for a party/shopping weekend and stayed at the W -

location - close to shopping and some of the most popular clubs in TPE (we went to the myst night club). otherwise just cab to anywhere, it's pretty cheap.

room - very spacious and modern. clean, obviously, good security. check in was a breeze, staff were all smiley and happy. good services.

price - it's probably on the higher end in terms of price considering the wide range of hotel options in taipei.

overall a lovely stay - i have stayed at the W at various cities mainly in the US (New York, LA, SF, Chicago) and Asia. I think the W outside of the US are generally better than those in the States.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear monkeykidkong,

It’s fabulous to receive such a great review! We appreciate your loyalty to the W Hotels. It is also our pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay, liked the location convenience, our modern room, the check-in service as well as our cheerful team. We hope you may return soon for another stay at W Taipei.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 25th February to 5th March. I have to say this is the first time I stayed in a W hotel. As a Platinum SPG member I was treated like a king when checking in. The lobby is located on the 10th floor. Checking in was a breeze.

I was given a room at the end of the corridor (think its ending with 29) and if you want my advice, the best room to get. Even though its a bit of a walk from the lift, the room is located at the end and so you have2 large windows with 2 amazing views. The room is very extravagant with mostly marbles and wooden flooring. This is also the only hotel I know equipped with surround sound speakers. The bathroom is huge with an equally huge walk in (rain) shower, cool big bath, electronic controlled loo and even a mattress to relax/chill next to the floor to ceiling window. The windows are so big that the only way to draw the curtains and blinds are using the automatic switch. Oh and if you are sharing, please be aware that the partition that separates the room with the bathroom can be open/close depending if you want to see the other doing their business. Of course there is door to the shower and toilet for privacy

The room comes with a lot of amenities as you would expect from a 5 star hotel. I particularly like the face wash. Breakfast is good and comes with many varieties to choose from. If you get a chance try the Chinese restaurant on the 30th Floor. The view is amazing and the ambience of the place is nice too.

The best and biggest gym I have ever seen in a hotel. The spa is a tad expensive. The other thing worth mentioning is please try the sauna/changing room! There is a relaxation 'pool' with chairs in them so you can sit in the pool and enjoy the view and a massaging chair which I love. You should take my word and see it for yourself. I particularly like the machine in the middle of the room which dispenses ice! How cool!

The pool is of a good size, its outdoor and located next to 2 bars with some seating areas of the bars directly next to the pool. I don't think the location of the pool is good, unless you have a body like Matthew McConaughey and want to show off. I was told during the winter months the pool is covered and turn into an ice skating ring!

The hotel is very conveniently located near to Taipei 101 and behind the Eslite Bookstore (worth visiting). You don't have to leave the hotel as you can walk to the Hankyu Departmental Store from the ground floor lobby. There is a big station next to the hotel too. Oh and the Taipei City Hall MRT station is literally next door!

There are a few 7 Eleven nearby the hotel, Starbucks and also TGIF! For the adventurous type, ask the concierge to write down the name of the NIght Market which is about 5 mins ride on the taxi. It's worth visiting and you can get all sorts of things and food here.

Overall the hotel staff are all very friendly. From my experience I have not see many caucasians or older business man staying here, mainly chinese tourists or asians travellers. Didn't see a business centre and also there is no club/lounge floor either. My other gripe is next to the lobby on the 10th floor is a bar/club which plays loud thumping music every night. I don't really mind this but because you have to walk past this to get the lift to access your room it gets a bit too much. Also you tend to have to share lift from the ground floor to the 10th floor with people are dont stay in this hotel but just going to the bar/club.

Overall it's a nice hotel and you can see there are no expenses spared, all the decorations are quirky and modern. Would I stay in this hotel again? Probably not as I like a hotel for business man like me in mind, maybe I am a bit too old?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear R L,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write us such a detailed and valuable review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and service at W Taipei while you liked our room with the amazing view, fabulous facilities as well as the delicacies. Our business center - we call it WIRED®, located on level 9 is available from 7am until 10pm daily. Meanwhile we will take your comment of the lift into consideration for our future projects. Thank you again and we look forward to having you again in the near future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pretty reasonable value, slightly over US$200 bux a night - probably on the higher side for Taipei, but it's a nice hotel. If you're old school, like the conservative hotel, probably should stick with Far Eastern Shangri-La which always has a spot in my heart. If you're after a hotel in HSINYI district then you've got the Grand Hyatt (OLDDDDD) or Le Meridien which i've reviewed and also stayed at.

Frankly - I prefer the Le Meridien - I like the layout of the Le Meridien, prefer the bathroom there, BUT the W is definitely more hip and interesting and has better views. Two different hotels in my view. I've been to more weddings at the W than the Le Meridien, I think the W is more happening with the Woo bar and the outdoor pool.

Service is great, room service is good, bathroom is nice.

Sorry I can't be more descriptive as I think this is an all around solid hotel.

Like I said - can't complain, it's a good hotel, i would choose the Le Meridien though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear emandjeff,

Thanks for the great review and we’re glad that you enjoyed the stay with us. We are also pleased to know you liked our service, room facilities as well as the happenings around the hotel. At W we strive to create a unique atmosphere by embodying our passion of music, design and fashion into a fabulous W experience. We look forward to seeing you back again soon at W Taipei.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at W Taipei for 2 nights during my trip to Taipei with my mom. The stay was just phenomenal. Location wise, it's conveniently located near the bus terminal. If you are travelling from the airport, take the bus by "dai you" company all the way to the final stop, and the hotel is just right there, around 2 mins walk indoors from the terminal. Hotel is located on top of the hankyu department store, also next to elite bookstore and mitsukoshi, you can pretty much stay in your area for some of the shopping. Metro is again very close by, indoors walk as well, super convenient. We stayed in a fabulous room, 2 twin beds. Room is wonderfully designed, contemperary and high-tech gadget in the room, such as automatic blinds, JBL ipod speakers, in room bose speakers etc. Beds are very comfy, room size is generous, the hotel is fairly new, built 2 years ago, so everything is quite new. Free wifi for SPG member, enrollment is free if you are not. Service is excellent, very friendly and helpful staff, they all speak english very well. Breakfast buffet at the kitchen was great! Excellent variety of food, great service again, beautiful restaurant, your choice to sit indoors or next to the pool. Just beautiful!
Simply the top hotel in taiepei, period. You wounldnt be disappointed. Highly recommended!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Sidneyleee,

Thank you for the uplifting review. It’s an honor to be recommended as the top hotel in Taipei. We are happy to know that you loved our location and enjoyed the guest room design, the facilities, SPG benefits, the breakfast and the service. We definitely look forward to your next visit to explore more in our hotel and the lovely city.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Direct bus to and from airport. Nearby MTR station, XinYi business district, bus terminal, walkable distance from Taipei 101 and many night clubs makes the location attractive.

Unique short low sofa-bed for city view and W hotel's design aspects in the room makes the stay really enjoyable.

The reception team is very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear SivaBangalore,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you liked the design in the room and our helpful talents at Welcome desk and our attractive location. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!