“Great service, location is great”
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #18 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay with my financee during the last week of December.
We had a massage at the their spa and I have to say they are really professional! The people are skilled and are very polite (I have regular massages in HK and I think the one I had at this W Hotel is really good).

We ate at their restaurants - breakfast and dinner. Great buffet, good selection - impressive ice cream bar.

Their rooms are very spacious - we stayed on the 19th floor. Really like the day-bed they have beside the window.

The hotel is within walking distance from Taipei 101 which is great for shopping and there's a EsLite (bookstore) right next door to the hotel that opens till 11pm (though 24hrs will be even better).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear dorical,

What a positive review of W Taipei! Thanks for taking the time to share your W experience with us. Very glad that you liked many aspects of the hotel, and you enjoyed the great service and the location. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Taipei soon!

With best wishes,

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Used my platinum awards to upgrade my stay to a suite and was definitely impressed. Bathtub has a great view while soaking, large double sink bathroom, two large tvs in the bedroom and bathroom. Views are unbelievable although I couldn't see 101. Location is excellent, right on top of the blue MRT line and there's an indoor route through the connected Hankyu department store. Service was great, no complaints, had an issue with the connectivity of an ipad to the tvs via the built in console but was able to work around it. The double set of elevators is a little bit of a hassle but they were always extremely fast so didn't really matter. Breakfast was fresh, tasty and diverse.

Room Tip: Sign up for SPG as the internet charges otherwise are ridiculous. Also as an SPG platinum, the free...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear sting800,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments on your recent stay. Glad you liked the suite with the view, the hotel location, room facilities, the breakfast as well as our service! We hope to see you again at W Taipei soon.

With best wishes,

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just came home from a weekend trip to Taipei. Stayed at the W Taipei and got upgraded to a suite! Sweet!

The hotel is ultra chic as usual and as soon as you walk in, it just feels like W paradise. The receptionist was courteous and efficient. Rooms were well appointed and well kept. Services were great and the staffs were attentive on most fronts. We bought alot of stuff and had to box them up before leaving. One of the staffs helped us find the box and get packed. I'm grateful for the service and attention given to us. One advice for the housekeeping staff though. The bathroom sink needs extra attention.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vincent N

Dear Vincent N,

Great to have your wonderful comments on our rooms, the service, as well as our attentive talents! However we are sorry that we could not meet your expectation on the bathroom sink. Your review has been shared with our service team to follow up accordingly. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back when you next visit Taipei.

All the best from W team,

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed for 5 days last week and had a truly great experience. Everything was well taken care of even before we arrived. We needed a room with two double beds for our stay. Unfortunately, the hotel had a large group booking during those dates and none of the double bed rooms were available. I needed to guarantee this set up and began looking for alternative options.

I had emailed Cary the GM with this request and Matthew from the team was able to put in a request for the same room type. He also guaranteed a rollaway bed in case none of the double rooms were available - and waived the extra charge. Upon check in, we were pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a suite. (I'm a Platinum member but was not expecting anything more than a room with our bedding request).

Everything from fulfilling the bedding request to the superb level of service we received during our stay has been excellent. We loved the property and felt a genuine sense of hospitality from the team. We're definitely making the W our top choice the next time we're in Taipei.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear M C,

It is such a pleasure to read through your review and you made our day. We are happy that we have granted your wishes and really appreciate you would make W Taipei as your top choice in Taipei! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit soon.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed in a Wonderful Room at the W Taipei for 5 days, just a week ago. The location is excellent, right in the heart of the city. It's connected to a MRT station as well as a bus terminus. It's only a casual 15 minute walk to the Taipei 101, although there is a Hankyu department store connected to the W, as well as a Mitsukoshi department store just across the road. The staff there are very friendly and helpful, speaking good english. They assisted me to search for some local made pastries and gave directions.

The room is well furnished, excellent range of tv channels and feels very spacious. The bed is soft and comfortable, although the pillows are a little too soft for my liking. The towels are not as I'd have expected, normal and average sized, rather than the much larger fluffy towels favoured by some other high end chains. The Bliss Spa soaps/shampoo etc were nice and the hotel was very generous in that aspect, despite barely having used my soap/shampoo, housekeeping made sure to have a new bottle there the next day. The toilet is quite something, it has a built in sensor to that detects when someone is in proximity and automatically lifts the toilet seat cover. It's all electronically controlled and has many interesting features, just like those one would find in Japan.

In the evenings, the lounge area and Woo Bar essentially become a club and many of the city's young and energetic flock to W for drinks and to party. Really gave the vibe that W is not just a typical hotel.

Overall I must say that for my first stay at a W property, the W Taipei left a good impression on me and if I do make a return trip to Taipei, I'd be more than happy to stay there again. I also look forward to visiting other W properties around the world.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was my first stay at the W Taipei, and I was not disappointed in any way. Consistent with the brand's hip decor and chic fit out, the W Taipei also delivers more than pleasantries for your senses. This hotel is more than just good looks, its substance makes it an obvious choice for high-end accommodation in Taiwan's capital.

The Hotel is centrally located on the blue MRT (subway/underground train) line, literally above the Taipei City Hall line. This makes getting to most places within Taipei a breeze. On the same MRT line is the XiMen stop, where XiMen Ding is located. There are also various bus stops outside the hotel, and the Taipei City Hall bus station is also underneath the hotel. This is where buses depart and arrive to Taoyuan International Airport. The distance between this bus terminal and the airport is about 90 minutes - this is a comfortable and affordable option if you are not in a hurry. Otherwise, taxes are available outside the hotel. Within walking distance is the iconic Taipei 101, a plethora of shopping malls (mostly luxury brands) and a good selection of cafes, eateries and food courts. The hotel is also behind the XinYi branch of the famous Eslite bookstore.

The interior design at the W is unbashful and attention-grabbing, but its staff and service is attentive and polished. From check-in to check-out, I encountered no difficulties with enquiries, directions, various , restaurant recommendations and room service. I used the SWEAT gym on the 12th floor, which is well equipped for a hotel gym (with personal trainers available) and I enjoyed eating at The Kitchen Table (the resident restaurant). The menu is not fantastic, but it is overall quite likeable, with both a la carte and buffet options.

I stayed in a room facing the swimming pool, which was spacious and well thought-out. The bathroom is an open concept, with a clever wooden partition design to close it off from the bedroom if necessary. The King size bed was very comfortable, with a host of modern technology at your fingertips, including an iPod/iPhone music dock, a White Noise machine with various background sounds available, a plasma TV, a BOSE surround sound system and smart lighting with individual switches to create your ambience of choice. The amenities are well stocked with its W range of toiletries and the water pressure and temperature are easily controlled. There was an extra raised platform in my room with a futon-type sofa bed that next to the floor to ceiling windows that overlook the swimming pool area and the surrounding city area. My room was always immaculately made and stocked up as necessary.

I would definitely recommend the W Taipei to travelers who are looking for a modern and comfortable stay at a high end hotel. Although the prices are on the higher side, you get every penny's worth.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the WET pool/bar area can be noisy on Friday and Saturday nights, especially if you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel has a very hip and modern design and it is well centralised near to the subway station and shopping areas. The most important aspect which the hotel has done very well is – Service.

The staffs were extremely polite and helpful. Everything runs like clockworks and is flawless. From the moment we arrive, our bags were well taken care off. Check in was a breeze and the room were fantastic and our bags arrived 10 mins later. The staffs were very hospitable, and even hold the lift for us. Breakfast was great and service was prompt despite the crowd. No rush during check-out, the staff even engaged in small talk enquiring on our stay and thanking us sincerely for staying with them.

You can tell that the staffs were well trained and each of them knows their role very well. The staffs served us with pride, and with sincerity. This really made the difference and stands out from the rest of the other hotels.

Well Done. Highly Recommended

Room Tip: Go for the Spectacular Room. The view of Taipei 101 is awesome
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tan23

Hello Tan23,

We are thrilled to receive such a wonderful comment! Happy to know that you found our talents helpful and you enjoyed every aspect during your stay. Indeed, the personal service we provide is what makes us stand out. Please do come back again soon so we can amaze you even more!

Best Regards,