“W is Wonderful!”
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #18 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here during a business trip to Taiwan and it was really enjoyable. The W is trendy and modern and it has young, enthusiastic staff members who provide excellent service. The room service was prompt, the beef noodles were delicious, and the rooms were bright and airy! Even the toilet had multiple functions and was interesting to use!

The hotel itself is connected to a mall and a bus station, and is very convenient to get around. ES Lite is a stone's throw away and is a good place to spend your time.

The only drawback is that the swimming pool is located at the lobby level. Consequently hotel guests and outsiders who dine at the cafe or lobby bar can watch you swimming so that's a weird feeling..

Overall, this hotel is excellent except that it's selling rate is exorbitant.

• Stayed: February 2012
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear SnowmanSnipe,

Thanks for your recent stay with us at W Taipei.
It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are glad to know you enjoyed the W experience, our room service, the awesome beef noodles as well as the convenient location of the hotel. Most important of all, we are happy you found our talents to be helpful and cheerful!

As a W brand, we embrace design as one of our passion points which we always passionately to share with our guests – inside out. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My son and I recently spent a weekend at the W Taipei. What a great trip, and much of it had to do with our wonderful hotel stay. Our trip started on a sour note because my son left his backpack in the taxi that had brought us from the airport. (Of course I didn't get a receipt.) We were amazed at how quickly the staff at the front desk went to work to resolve our problem. They immediately had the security desk review the security camera footage from our arrival and note down the taxi's license plate. They then tracked down the taxi on its way back to the airport and arranged for the bag to be brought back to the W by a hotel car making a regular airport pick-up/drop-off that afternoon. The bag was back in our possession within 3 hours.

Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a larger corner room. Despite checking in a good four hours early, the room was ready just a few minutes later. The room itself was gorgeous. My son particularly liked the huge day bed area with floor-to-ceiling windows and a spectacular view over the city (but, alas, not of Taipei 101). The decor was very clean and in good condition (as it should be since it's a fairly new hotel), and the toilet even had the high-end Toto heated bidet seats.

The W's location is also a big draw. It's just a 10-15 min walk from Taipei 101 and immediately next door to Taipei's largest Eslite branch, the Hankyu Department store, and an enormous basement food court. We had room service two nights, and the food was fine and service quick. The buffet breakfast at the Kitchen Table was very good.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for those traveling with kids. The W staff is very accommodating. The general atmosphere of the hotel is also really kid-friendly, with funky furniture to lounge on and fairly loud music in the public spaces. (The hallways with rooms and our room itself were very quiet, however.) My son felt very comfortable here, like he fit in, rather than like he was a nuisance to be shushed and quieted as he has felt at other more business-friendly hotels.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view of Taipei 101, you need to request it in advance, preferably when you...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jsk53

Dear Jsk53,

Warmest greetings from W Taipei!
First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your story with us and we are certainly glad we were able to locate your son’s bag so quickly. Taiwan can certainly “Touch your Heart” when it comes to service. As we value all our guests’ feedback, we truly appreciate your compliments. We are happy you liked our room with high-tech toilet facility, the delicacies, as well as the convenient location! Thank you and we are looking forward to having you and your family back again when you visit Taipei next time.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at W Taipei in early Nov. It did what it was supposed to do - I did "wow" at the moment I stepped into my room cuz the view was simply fantastic, and it even did what was not expected - I left my envelop with all my cash in HKD, RMB and USD in the safe when I checked out, and didn't realize it until after I went through the customs and walking towards my boarding gate to fly to HK. I made a call to the hotel and they managed to arrange for my money envelope to be delivered to the customs counter at the airport within an hour! Thank you so much, Maggie, Laurence and whoever helped in this matter. I would no doubt recommend this hotel to travelers to Taipei, it truly made your stay unforgettable in a pretty good way.

Room Tip: If you could afford it you can ask for a room facing the 101 building. But I simply think that any r...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear thelma_tang,

Warmest greetings from W Taipei!
We are excited that your W experience with us was great, and you were satisfied with our service as well as the fantastic views from the rooms. We will ensure that the talents mentioned will receive recognitions for their wonderful service. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon at W Taipei.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I honestly cannot find any fault with my stay at W Taipei. The hotel at a convenient location cloase to the 101 Building. The staff would go out of their way to make sure you have a nice stay. The design of the rooms is hip but also practical. The room and facilities in the hotel are simply among the best in Taipei.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank asyuen
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear asyuen,

Thank you for staying at W Taipei and we love to hear you think we are among the bests in the city. So grateful for receiving such great compliments, and knowing you liked our fabulous room and facilities, the modern décor and the convenient location of our hotel, as well as our attentive service! We do hope to see you coming back very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at W in Taipei in October 2012. I must say that the hotel exceeded all my expectations. I have never stayed at any W hotel before. But a friend encouraged me to try it. I've always been a Hyatt and Hilton regular. But after staying at W Taipei, I'll be making W my hotel of choice in future, and certainly when I next visit Taipei. From the car service from the airport to the check in at the hotel, everything was done smoothly, courteously and efficiently. The room was fantastic and the service throughout my stay was marvellous. The gym was one of the best I've visited. Overall, my 3 day stay in W was a fantastic experience. And I'm a seasoned business traveller for the past 30 years, so it does take quite a lot to impress me. I would strongly recommend W Taipei the next time you visit Taiwan.

Room Tip: Choose a room wih a view of Taipei 101.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TLS1412
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear TLS1412,

Thank you for your recent stay and compliments – your kind message made our day!
Thrilled to know your first W experience with us was nice, and you were satisfied with our room, the fabulous view, the gym facility, as well as our car service. We are also very happy and proud you have enjoyed your time with us at W Taipei. Look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I travel frequently and have stayed at W hotels worldwide. W Taipei is simply the best W Hotel that I have experienced. The location is great, the staff is amazing, and the amenities are superb. If you are into fitness, the gym is state-of-the-art. The locker room has amenities similar to high-end country clubs. All the great restaurants from high-end to local cuisines are within walking distance. I've stayed at W Taipei over 60 nights this year and it make me feel at home everytime I stay there.

Room Tip: The front desk is great and friendly. They are always very accomodating. The Marvelous Suites are...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jack_jdphd
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear jackjdphd,

Warm Greetings from W Taipei!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at W Taipei. Fabulous to know you've enjoyed your stays and W Taipei is your home away from home, and you liked our heartwarming service, the fabulous gym and amenities, and the location convenience. We aim to deliver a WOW experience to all our guests. Your kind words about our talents have been shared around the hotel. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you to your (other home) again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

It was my second time to stay at W hotel and still i had the most wonderful experience. I have beeno travelling around the world and i rate W hotel as the most trendiest, friendliest, cleanest with state pf the art amenities. Sweat gym has all the latest gym equipments with free supply of water and green apples. The sauna was expectacular, with both dry and wet sauna with three types of jacuzzis. The Kitchen table offers different varieties of food with good quality ingredients. And the most commendable are the hotel staffs. They are very friendly and very accomodating

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jongmd1973
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear jongmd1973,

Thanks for the comment about our hotel and service – your words made our day!
So grateful for receiving such a glowing review, and knowing you had a truly amazing time at W Taipei. It is also a delight to hear you liked the fabulous amenities, great variety of delicacies at the kitchen table; and you enjoyed the work-out time in our SWEAT Fitness Center and the facilities: 3-temperature Jacuzzis, steam and sauna, in the Change Room. Once again thank you for the compliment, and we look forward to having you back again when you next visit Taipei.