“Fantastic, but remember to make the bed!!”
Review of W Taipei

Ranked #19 of 582 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Like so many other reviewers, I love the W Taipei. Here I am writing in the cheapest of the available rooms, yet it has Bose speakers with subwoofer for the TV, great connectivity, nice bathroom and amenities. And the toilet - 18 buttons :-) I'm a gadget guy, and love it!!

The staff are great. Very happy to chat and visibly enjoying their jobs.

Not quite perfect though... yesterday my room wasnt serviced; I had to call for it late in the afternoon. The shower (a room, not a booth!) wasnt draining properly; it was fixed promptly. I forgot my shaver; the one in the room amenity kit is so cheap it is blunt before use.

Tiny things that could be improved, hence my 4 stars. But do come; it is really, really good!

Room Tip: Join SPG Club before coming to get the free wifi internet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Cowombat2,

Thanks for your recent review of W Taipei.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the hotel, you liked our friendly talents and also cool tech gear in our rooms! Our apologies for the last room service you received during your stay, your feedback is loud and clear. Hope to see you back at W Taipei again soon.

W Taipei

Write a ReviewReviews (2,691)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just returned from a great stay at the W in Taipei. I am confidently extending my highest rating to this property. Short and sweet, here are the highlights:

• Fabulous front-desk staff, friendly, intelligent
• Fun top-floor restaurant; beautiful views, good-enough food
• Incredible rooms – I was upgraded to a Fabulous Suite (I used a Suite Night upgrade, totally worth it)

This hotel is an oasis. It is modern and retains local charm. The location is convenient to the central business district. I also enjoyed pool-side breakfast very much.

I am looking forward to returning to Taipei and the W very much.

Room Tip: If you can, get a suite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear drosen85,

Thank you for your recent stay and compliments.
We are very happy and proud you have enjoyed your time with us. Your kind comments have been passed on to all the department and we all look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've just spent three days at this hotel and was very impressed. The rooms are clean and very efficient. The service is outstanding. The hotel is located in a very good area. And the included breakfasts are outstanding. The hotel has a vey hip vibe, and it just seems fun to stay here. Tons of energy. I like that.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Greg799,

Thank you very much for the praise!
Great you liked your stay at W Taipei, our fabulous breakfast as well as the friendly services. It is also our pleasure to know our guests like our location convenience which may always easily connect them to almost everywhere in the city of Taipei. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we hopefully look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

3rd time at a W hotel this year and W Taipei nailed it! They picked us up in a BMW at the airport with beverages, free wifi etc. At the hotel the check in worked really smooth and the room at 27th floor was one of the best one I have experienced at a W hotel. For the 2 nights we stayed everything was working out perfect!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mansjohnsson,

Thanks for your review and the compliments on our service.
We really appreciate the positive feedback and hope to have you back soon so we can deliver you another fabulous W experience!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a great hotel.
Stayed at many W hotels. This easily the best!
We stayed at W honk kong (also good) but W Taipei simply fabulous.
Great rooms with views.
Amazing pool.
Stunning decor.
Service to match.
We loved every moment in this city oasis.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Sophia T,

Thanks for the great comment – your review made our day!
We are thrilled to know you had a truly amazing time at W Taipei and we are looking forward to your return soon. (hopefully!)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm a regular customer of this hotel since it was new and compared to other Taipei hotels, this hotel ranks way above the rest (including the Hyatt - no longer called Grand Hyatt, and Shangri-La). The service also outshines all of the other W hotels that I regularly frequent which include (HK, Westwood, Hollywood, Chicago, Barcelona). Prior to this hotel, my feeling was that The W staff is something you just put up with in return for something chic. However, not only is the staff well trained, polite, and good looking, the rooms are extremely clean, and you are walking distance from a lot of great restaurants and shopping. If you are from the US and need a burger, it is really good here. I regularly use in-room dining and am satisfied each time. One time I forgot something at the Sheraton Hsinchu and they had it driven over to me so that I could have it in time for a flight the next day. Major kudos to the GM for running a tight ship - The W Taipei should be a model for other Taipei hotels and other W hotels worldwide.

Room Tip: I've never had a single bad room experience. I've been in standard rooms all the way up to...
1  Thank kazukiworld
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Hotel is quite new, about 1-2 years old. Location is excellent, in the Hsinyi (Xinyi) CBD district, and directly attached to the Uni-President Hankyu Department store, Taipei City Hall bus station, and the excellent underground metro system (with a straight shot to the Taipei main train station). Next store is the best bookstore/lifestyle chain Eslite (best in Asia), as well as a myriad of fantastic shops with both global and local brands, and some of the best Chinese and Japanese food in the world.

The hotel is very hip and lively, so the atmosphere is not for the sedate crowd. However, it is still family friendly, and my yound kids love this hotel and its pool. By the way, at least in the summer, there is a very happening pool scene, that blows away anything in Hong Kong or Singapore.

Fitness center and sauna/spa are excellent. The gym is very large and spacious. Locker rooms have sauna, steam, hot and cold whirlpools, launge area, and ice fountain. One thing that irritated me were the guests who were rowdy and wore swimming suits into the onsen style whirlpools in the locker room (use the pool deck for the party, please), but this is not the fault of the hotel.

International food in the Kitchen Table restaurant was delicious. However, I didn't care for the the Cantonese fusion cuisine at Yen; normal Chinese would be better, and also better if it were not Cantonese, but preferably Shanghainese, etc. Drawback is that there is no Japanese or French or Italian restaurant in the hotel.

Service overall is very good (and has improved since opening), even when compared with other Taipei establishments, which are generally known for good friendly service.

The Wonderful Room is the standard room. The Fabulous Room is a bit more upgraded and seem a little larger with a separate shower room and bathtub. Spectacular rooms have a view of Taipei 101, but are a bit smaller. Note that the bathrooms are semi-open, so not the best set up for friends sharing a room. Beds and TVs are great. They give you a little snack upon check-in, and rooms are equipped with a large safe, kettle (but coffee packet is a bit weak), iPod dock, and CD player. Wifi is free in the lobby and bar areas, but internet is charged in the rooms.