“W Taipei makes you feel at least 10 yrs younger”
Review of W Taipei

W Taipei
Ranked #18 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed in Wonderful Room from 28/6 to 2/7/2012. I usually stay in traditional luxuary hotel, such as Four Seasons, Peninsula and Ritz Carlton, for travelling. It's my first time to stay in W and I had a totally new experience.

The check-in was smooth and Weper, the frontdesk staff, made a really good first impression of this hotel. Thanks a lot for his help on everything. I was offered free Wifi because I am a SPG member. I felt I was a noble when I stay in Four Seasons and Peninsula while I felt I was a closed friend in W Taipei.

The room was a little larger than I expected. I was impressed by the ToTo water closet, Bose sound system, modern interior design, Axor by Hangsgrohe shower and basin mixer and Bliss toiletry. However, there were lack of drawer and the closet was not big enough. Also, the open bathroom could not be fully closed.

I experienced one of the greatest spa faciities in changing room on 12th floor. There were two different type of jacuzzi, one cool dip pool, steam, sanua, one Panasonic massage chair and plenty day beds with private TV. The 25m outdoor pool on 10th floor was a great spot to see and to be seen. The gym was large with various machines.

There were wide choices for buffet breakfast in The Kitchen, even there were 9 different ice-cream. However, the menu of YEN, the Chinese restaurant on the top floor, was limited. The WooBar was crowded by many hot guys and gals every night. Please notice that it was a non-smoking hotel. Smoking was only allowed on part of pool deck and the smoking room on 8th floor.

The hotel was just right above a subway station. There were three malls closed by and 8 to 10 mins walk to 101.

The weakness of this hotel was housekeeping. There was no signifcant different before and after turn down. Also, I could hear the sound of opening and closing door every night and the matress was too soft for me.

Will I come back? Definately yes if travel to Taipei in summer. Will stay in another Starwood property Le Meridian Taipei in winter because it has indoor pool.

Room Tip: Please only share one room with someone really really closed to you because the bathroom is really r...
1  Thank SpaAddictor

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was my 5th time staying at the W for work and I now always have a reason to look forward to it. The service and amenities are great. I would highly recommend booking a W Hotel car service from the airport which makes arrival, transportation and check in seamless. The staff are always so friendly and willing to help.
When I had a headache upon arriving the staff immediately sent someone out to get me painkillers - that is good service!
Will continue to come back to this hotel and have recommended it to dozens of friends and colleagues who have since stayed here and loved it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2012

W Taipei is our favorite hotel in Taipei. We have stayed there for 25 nights already and 15 more nights this year. The staff (also known as talent) are just the best for service and friendly attitude. I have stayed at various W's in the US, and none can compare to W Taipei. We have got to know various staff on a first name basis and it just feel like home.

On this trip, when the cab pulled up to the driveway, the Wheels talent immediately recognized me and waved hi. When I arrived on the tenth floor to check in; my upgraded room was not ready, I was offered a drink at the Woobar. When I walked by the elevator, security recognized me and offered sincere greeting. When I got to the room xx30 (my favorite marvelous suite location), the room stylist knows my preferences.

The room is clean and very comfortable (well, it is a marvelous suite after all). But, that is not what makes this place special, it is the "talent". Of course, being in a very convenient location and being trendy helps a lot as well.

All I can say is that our stays have been simply amazing. Just wish they have better dining establishments. Yen and Kitchen Table just don't measure up. Having stated such, I also know that W Hotels is not known for their food.

Room Tip: It also helps to be SPG Platinum Guest.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My first thought when we arrived in the upper level lobby was that people just wanted to be seen there. Several folks we lounging around in the industrial-style surroundings and I couldn't decide if they were guests or just people trying to look "hip". Nevertheless, the check-in process was quite smooth with a very friendly and helpful clerk. She answered all our questions and showed up to the elevators. The rooms were modern (retro) and very well equipped with all the 5-star luxuries you would expect. The pool area right off the lobby is a great place to people watch or take a dip. The hotel is only a few blocks from TP-101 and adjacent to a shopping mall that offers stores and eateries. The breakfast was good, but not great. If you are looking for the W experience and want to be seen in a fashionable locale, this is for you. On my next visit to Taipei I may try another hotel - a little to old to be hip, I guess. :-)

Room Tip: Rooms available with a view of Taipei 101 - quite spectacular.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The best hotels in Taiwan.
New, spacious and clean room, staff very kind.
Great food buffet, very nice in the bar in the hotel.
Very good swimming pool.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed 5 wonderful nights at the W in beginning of June. Before arrival, I had emailed the hotel regarding our anniversary being the arrival date. The hotel in turn prepared a small cake and a bottle of wine waiting in the room to help us celebrate. It was so thoughtful of them as we had arrived late to go to any restaurants. The kids were thrilled that our room had a perfect view of Taipei 101! The room was of good size even for 4 of us. Loved the bathroom and the special toilet. We were totally pampered at the W! We did not eat breakfast in the hotel during our stay but had dinner at the restaurant on the 32nd floor. Disappointed that they did not put us by the window and service at times were slow. But the food was excellent. Location of hotel was great as it is on topp of the subway station and walking distance to several attractions.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great location, walking distance to 101 tower.
Booked the W limousine airport pick up service, the new 7 Series BMW car is new, installed with personal TV. Driver is professional and thoughtfulness, specially prepared some Hong Kong music for me, although I don’t really understand much.
Stayed in the Marvelous suite which is really fantastic. Hip, chic and cool, in loved with the décor.
The pool side area is simply beautiful, made me feel I am hanging out in Los Angeles. Staff in all sections always offer warm greetings and happy smile, it reminds me I am back in Asia.
Remember to have a drink in the Bar at Yen, the atmosphere is great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo