“Excellent high-end hotel in Taipei”
Review of Le Meridien Taipei

Le Meridien Taipei
Ranked #67 of 575 Hotels in Taipei
Houston, Texas
“Excellent high-end hotel in Taipei”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just got back from Taipei and stayed 3 nights at Le Meridien. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and wanted to make a couple of comments:

1. Price: yes, the rate at this hotel is on the expensive side (compared to other hotels in the area). However, I do believe that you get what you pay for - especially if you're a traveler like me who appreciates good customer service and attention to details (see elaboration below).

2. SPG preferred recognition: I reserved a regular room with two single beds, and because of my Platinum status, was upgraded to a junior suite. Although the junior suite came with a king bed, the hotel room services was able to quickly move a rollaway bed into the living room of the suite (and the rollaway bed was essentially a twin sized bed with high-quality sheets and comforter that you would find in a regular room). I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel did not charge me for the rollaway bed.

3. Room: our room was always stocked with at least 4 bottles of complimentary water. Platinum status also got me complimentary access to the Executive Lounge (with fresh fruit and espresso bar, as well as happy hour with hot foods every evening) and beer and soda in the room's mini-fridge. The room also had a Nespresso machine, fresh fruit (which was replenished everyday), high-quality robes and disposable room slippers. The bathroom had an automatic toilet, L'Occitane products, a scale, and other toiletries (like cotton pads, Qtips, etc.).

4. Hotel: my reservation included complimentary breakfast for 2 at the breakfast buffet downstairs at the hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, with a mix of both western and eastern cuisine. The food was fresh and hot. The hotel gym had a selection of cardio and strength training machines. The staff constantly wiped down machines after each guest finished using the machine. The water bottles and towels were always stocked. I believe there was a suana and heated pool available, although I did not visit either one. The Executive Lounge, as mentioned above, is accessible by preferred guests (unsure whether Gold level members have complimentary access, but Platinum members do). The hotel also had a cute Chocoart shop that sold French pastries and chocolates. The only noticeable drawback was the fact that the elevators constantly smelled musty (as if the air wasn't properly circulating in the elevators). It was raining the few days we stayed at the hotel, and the hotel provided big umbrellas for guest use.

5. Location: this hotel is located in the business district, 2-3 blocks from Eslite bookstore and Taipei 101 shopping center. The City Hall MRT is about 2 blocks away (underneath the W Hotel).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank pchang637

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We came to Le Meridien for friends' wedding and made a good use of facilities. Room was very comfortable with bottled water included and there was plenty of space to hang our robes for the festive occasion. Massage shower was very spacious and we liked it as well as electronic toilet seat TOTO.
Wifi worked fine but kept disconnecting when I went idle for a bit.
Gym is state of the art and enjoyed my workout complemented with a good stretch on a cobweb machine that I haven't seen before, jacuzzi and sauna were greatly appointed, feel very luxiourious although I prefer to share those with my husband.
I didn't get a chance to try pool but friends made nice comments.
There is a complete set of toileteries in the changing room, comb, hair spray, wax, body lotion, you name it, all very convenient.

We had breakfast once and it must be a child's dream, chocolate fountain and a fine selection of sweets plus usual breakfast food both Western and Chinese.
Staff could be quicker with coffee top up.

Wedding went on in Taurus room and we had a rehersal scheduled for 16.00 for start at 18.00 but Taurus hall was not ready until nearly 17.30 I felt sorry for the bride who organised the event for 200 people or so and schedule slipped so badly. However, all went smoothly since and wedding and banquet were a happy occasion and everybody enjoyed it.

Festive menu was extensive and they coudn't miss chicken soup with shark fins although we personally disagree with it and also we are not big fans of sea cucumber which is also a Chinese delicatecy of a big importance.

I didn't understand a room card system, mine worked for my floor and gym and reception only but wedding guests were scattered around the hotel and we had to collect each other via Ground floor if we wanted visit with each other.

Location od the hotel is convenient for Taipei 101 and shopping although I was surprised how expensive everything was in Taipei.

I hope we will be back to explore more of Taiwan.

Room Tip: Our room 903 was overlooking a big construction site but we didn't hear much noise at all.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It was our first time staying in this hotel and we were given a free upgrade to a Junior suite upon arrival there. How lucky!!
The bathroom is extremely huge with 2 basins... I love the loccitane toiletries as well as body scrub. The bed is big and comfy and there were 2 TVs in our suite.
I really like the heated pool and jacuzzi and the sauna room is fantastic. It is very big with steambath and sauna and jacuzzis.. Very clean with unlimited toiletries, free apples and pocari.
The hotel is right in the centre of Taipei city hall with all the huge and nice shopping malls with international brands. It is within walking distance from Taipei 101 and Vieshow cinema.
I will visit this hotel again :)

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is the 1st time i have travelled to Taipei and I would like to choose a great hotel to stay with.
However, this hotel does not give me a great surprise from lobby to room decoration. But there are few things that would be appreciate with : 1st the staff are really nice and help to guide the taxi driver to go wherever you want, the pick up service from airport to hotel or from hotel to airport was really comfortable and not too expensive.
The location is just 2 blocks away from those Department Store, Train Station as well as Flag ship store of the famous book store in Taiwan.
The hotel is not bad and I would expect a much more elegant and model than I have expected when I seen from the web site!!!

Room Tip: The room that we have at the lower floor but nice to have a little open area to enjoy the full moon...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love this hotel, very modern and new. Everything is perfect. The staff are friendly enough but they could smile more. I guess you expect more from them since Taiwanese people are usually very friendly. I love that the pool is indoor and is open till 11pm.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed in room with king size bed facing Taipai 101. The shampoo, shower gel are from L'occitane. The room has automatic curtain and toilet. Daily fruit and Nepresso coffee are availble in room. Free wifi in lobby and hotel room. The indoor swim pool is opened until late night so that I can swim after shopping even in rainy days. Department stores, supermarkets, Eslite Book Store, Taipei 101 are all within walking distance. Transort terminal is just 5 minutes from hotel. Overall, a very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Great Falls, VA,USA
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel is located in the Xinyi central district, a walking distance to the convention center, Taipei 101 and a subway stop (city hall). High end shops and department stores/ shopping galleries surround the hotel (note that the department stores have convenient eateries at the lower levels)
The hotel lobby epitomizes the minimalist style with a sculpture dominating the center, a bit stark perhaps. The area to sit and mingle with friends is to the left of the lobby near the restaurant and at the mezzanine level.
Our room was a good size, not too large but not cramped, the bath and toilet are separate, the latter enclosed in glass which can be opaqued with a switch. The showers are equipped with rainforest style body showers and the toilet is a Toto self servicing commode that opens as you enter. The powder area outside the bath is functional but lacks sufficient lighting. ( I had difficulty removing my contacts due to poor lighting ) Room lighting is managed with central switches which were not intuitive to the uninitiated. Perhaps led lighting is a bit much because the little indicator lights continue to shine in the darkened room.
The breakfast buffet was exceptionally good, included in the room price and reasonable (additional fee for extra person) many offerings in both Eastern and Western diet but always leaning to the healthy trends.
The spa was the best part of the hotel which I used infrequently because of our busy schedule but enjoyed immensely.
I am glad we stayed at this hotel. A colleague of mine stayed at the Hyatt and I found it too large and impersonal, bordering on the " haunted" as rumors have it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business