“The best hotel in Taipei if price is not a constraint”
Review of Le Meridien Taipei

Le Meridien Taipei
Ranked #60 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Our family stayed here for 3 nights.  First time to Taipei.  The hotel is only a stone's throw away from Taipei 101.  It's right in the heart of Xinyi District.  It's close to everything including the subway.  The hotel is only one year old, it's extremely clean and new.  We had our room upgraded to the Executive floor and it has a view of the Taipei 101.

The room size is not too small as it can fit in a rollaway bed.  In fact, all rooms are of the same size except the suites.  The only disappointment is that the Club lounge does not provide breakfast.  It's only opened 10am - 10pm.

The hotel has an excellent indoor swimming pool.....28m long and jacuzzi, really good for exercise to start the day.  The gym is also fantastic, with more equipment than many other hotels if you are serious about exercise. I suppose this is one of the values out of the price we paid.  By the way, there's hardly anyone in the gym or pool.  There are 160 rooms in the hotel, and I bet less than 10% of the occupants use these facilities even if the hotel is sold out!

There are lots of shopping malls around the hotel, plus eateries, local and western but most of them only open from 11am.  If you want to sleep in and don't want to take breakfast downstairs (only until 10am), you can grab something from the Starbucks nearby.

All in all, we love the hotel and will definitely stay here if we visit Taipei again. Yes, it's a bit pricy but it's worth it.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Summer_Traveller_hk

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed at the Le Meridien Taipei from 19 Nov to 23 Nov 2011 and we booked 2 rooms. At first, the driver upon hearing that we were staying in the newer Xingyi district advised us to change hotels to the more bustling XiMengTing area. We decided not to as we wanted quieter areas and we glad we didn't make the change ! The hotel is fairly new and not too much tour group crowd. More individual corporate clients from what I saw. Everything is modern, huge volume architecture, surprises everywhere like interesting art pieces. We had 2 rooms, the one at the end was better cos there were 2 panels of windows, one overlooking Taipei 101. Beds are lovely, toilet bowls are the heavenly japanese auto types, bathtub with built in TV.

Next to Mistsukoshi with few blocks of high end shopping malls, basement with Japanese supermarkets, thot we were in Tokyo. The restaurants at the higher levels were high end but prices very reasonable, especially the korean restaurants, We had a feast , literally a feast in a posh korean restaurant and it cost us only USD 100! It will cost us 2 to 3 times in Singapore and half the servings and quality !!!

Le Meridien is 10 minutes walk to Taipei 101 and 5 minutes walk to the famous 24 hr book shop. Yes , it is far from the night markets and streets stalls but you can easily take a train there.

If you want a high quality holiday to unwind, Le Meridien is your choice !

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cinlee
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Perfect location. 10 minute walk to Taipei 101. Japanese dept. store Mitsikoshi is right down the street. The popular all you can eat sukiyaki Momo's Paradise restaurant are closeby.

Very spacious rooms with a great view of Taipei 101. There were even a fruit bowl and water bottles. We had one king bed which was big enough for three people, and it was so comfortable. Best sleep I had on my trip. Super clean bathrooms with the Japanese electronic toilet and seat warmer.

Sent out clothes to the laundry. The clothes came back so clean and neatly pressed. I can tell they put their best effort into it.

Hotel Concierge, Hotel desk clerks, and Door man were extremely helpful and polite.

Will be back! Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank judy k
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Spent 4 nights here with no cause for complaint. Well situated for my business visit, very efficient, helpful service and great facilities (including a 28m pool).

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank alcuin850
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Relatively new to the Taipei Hotel scene, the one year old Taipei Le Meridien gives me the best service I've experienced anywhere in Asia. With dozens of hotel nights in different hotels throughout the region, I am happy to say that this property has become my favorite location of them all.

If you go, expect to be treated to friendly, professional and prompt service in every area of the inn. I have enjoyed rooms on both the regular and upgraded floors, but I'm happy to say that the service at all levels is top of the line. The rooms are new, and of course that simplifies the task of making the place look good, but beyond the usual effort, this place is clean above most.

I especially like the small suites, with their ample working area and wireline Broadband connections (not compromising with just WiFi like many hotels these days choose to do) and bathrooms with larger shower and counter space, private toilet facilities with bidet and heated seats and multiple choices of lighting. The designers here were thoughtful to the many different uses required by their wide variety of guests. The beds, TVs and covers are first rate and will make you want to stay for that extra few minutes under the sheets.

The fitness center is equipped with the latest Life Fitness equipment, and has a good staff that's available if you have any problems or questions. The concierge and bell staff are well trained and helpful, but the secret weapon here is the butler staff that supports the executive rooms - as a group, they are magnificent.

Book ahead and get one of the breakfast inclusive rates, since the morning buffet is interesting and high quality and offers much more than your usual eggs and pastry dishes. Keeping with the location and the global nature of their audience, the food is interesting, varied and offers something for travellers from any continent.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Jr. Suite, you will be delighted with the space.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Tomago
Reviewed October 31, 2011

A lovely city hotel and I stayed in a room facing Taipei 101. Very close to town and use of public transport is easy as the stops are just a short walk away. You have to take a tour around the hotel as every corner is decorated with top notch modern art collected from all over the world. I saw a piece on the wall which I saw at Liverpool's Tate. The buffet breakfast is amazing -- think a dinner style buffet! The room for a city hotel is relatively big, with the bathroom complete with a proper bath and an in-wall TV inserted at the end of the bath (looks like a mirror by the way... which is always a good thing I guess).
The B&O sound system is awesome, I particularly liked the fact that it's not an apple dock that they use... Somebody don't use iPods or iPhone, you know?
Pool is amazing, it's indoor and it's almost Olympian sized. There's a good sized gym with heat facilities... No spa though, which I guess is not that much of a problem as there are massage parlours everywhere. If you like luxury shopping, you'd like the fact that luxury malls are only a stone throw away...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank scoobagoose
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I am not a big fan of starwood hotels but took the courage to give a try. The location of this hotel is excellent and it is located right beside the best shopping district in Taipei. The hotel is decorated with modern art pieces but the colour scheme and materials are very cold through out the hotel. The hotel is certainly lack of floweral arrangement anywhere in the lobby or in the guest rooms. I feel that the hotel is probablly tring to keep their cost down, however, the whole setting made me, a guest not welcomed. I like modern art and its freshness. A hotel like Le Meridein size, definitely require touch of green, not to mention that Taiwan was the host country for the floral exhibition months ago. The hotel staffs are friendly when I ask questions, but I found that they need to be updated more on the information. For example, I asked the concierge about the opening hour of the department next door, the staff had to let me wait for a simple question by asking other staffs. I needed to visit some friends and thought of buying a box of chocolate or some nice pastry directly from the hotel's bakery but the shop does not open until 11 a.m. I think the opening hour is really too late, even the most famous hotels' bakery shops in Hong Kong open at 10 a.m. At one time, I called from outside to talk to my husband by dialing the hotel's general number but got an automatic anwering system. I remembered that I pressed on one choice but the line was busy so I had to dial again by choosing another number in order to talk to a real person. This is absolutely a first-time experience in 30 years travelling around the world by dialing the hotel general number without an operator on the line. Notherless, if you like the perfect location and look for new, good shower facility and the automative Japanese style toilet, this hotel has it. Other than that, I don't find this hotel charming at all. It really has no intertesting characticer that brings me good memories.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple