“Dimly lit lobby, limited breakfast”

Vendome Hotel Taipei
Ranked #488 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Dimly lit lobby, limited breakfast”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The room size is generous for a compact hotel. Stayed there on a Sunday night and did not encounter the noise from the KTV below. It's probably quieter on Sunday and weekday nights. The cigarette smell filled the building but was at acceptable level inside the room.

Tiny breakfast area and limited breakfast selection. Good thing there's Starbucks below and the train station is almost at the doorstep.

Unlikely I will come back again although I do enjoy the room space and comfort due to the overwhelming smell whenever I step out of the room.

Room Tip: It's typical to be assigned to a room with no view to the outside, do specify if this is essenti...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank genewan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very conveniently located, the staff are friendly and everything is what you would expect.

It does however, sit on top of a KTV bar. The rooms smell like smoke leading my to believe its a shared ducting system. I found this to be quite gross.

If not for the smell, I'd go stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Klippe
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Price is reasonable, place is clean, service was okay, but noise lv was too much to get a good night sleep. The place is very dark and feels a bit too karaoke like. Good for young kids after a big night out but definitely not for family or romantic holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Amanda P

Travelers are raving about these Taipei hotels

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The hotel’s downstairs is an overnight Karaoke Club, too noise to sleep for whole night (you can feel the vibration of the speaker ) ! We paid for 4 night, but give up for 2 nights (no refund for the remaining 2 nights totally)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 旅人2014
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location, where the mrt station is just right in front of the hotel. The noise level is not so bad as described by the reviews I had read before my trip. I stayed in room 708 for 4 nights and the noise from the karaoke was bearable. I will choose the same hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Boong893
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The setting of the hotel indeed look very posh just like on the pictures. However, it was very dim as well. While it has quite a number of rooms, approx. 60-70, the breakfast area was very small, accommodating around 12 - 14 people as a time. Therefore one had to evacuate upon finishing your breakfast because someone else will be waiting for a table.

While it was very conveniently located (at the heart of the shopping district), the area was somewhat sleezy. It was filled with nightclubs and they could be operating till wee hours in the morning (6.30am). For the few nights I was there, I couldn't sleep because of the noise. If you are someone who enjoys clubbing, it is a very good choice. However, if you are bringing a family with young kids, I wouldn't suggest. It is not convenient to return very late at night especially over the weekend from night market shopping as you might encounter drunkards going to the the same building. If you are a light sleeper, please do not go there as well as the sound proofing is rather bad. Loud noises, loud talking along the corridor and slamming of doors are very common noises you hear outside.

Their cleaning services was rather bad. When we checked into the hotel, we were only given one card key. We had to request and signed the other one on their form. One day, we left one of the card into the card slot as we had some items inside the fridge not knowing whether they will turn bad if we remove the card key. When the reception asked if we needed cleaning, we said ok since we will be there for a few more days. However when we return the card key slotted in was missing. They even had the cheek to say each room was issue with 2 cards. Initially they said nobody took it and they couldn't find it. It was only when we kicked up a fuss saying that we want to change room because we do not want anyone who might had picked up the card to steal our things, the cleaning auntie admitted she had it kept with her by 'accident'. When we went back to our hotel that night, I realised that she did not clear the rubbish in the bin inside the bathroom. You called this cleaning services when it was done halfway?

Overall, I was rather disappointed with it. Not my type of hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jadie_Lye
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a new experience!! it was one of a kind!
The website and photos are very beautiful!!!
There is a major club below you and also karaoke lounges on almost every floor below you!!

1) Check in time delayed by almost 1 1/2 hours. wow!

2) Toilet bowl will NOT accept anything other than faeces! wow! throw one toilet paper and it will get angry and clogs itself. all the rooms have the same specialized system. Awesome!!!

3) Bittersweet natural 'aroma' fills your room in the mornings. It comes from the toilet . wow!!

3) Heater is faulty and guess what???? Its winter!! They said they cant do anything about the heater and they gave us........ guess what??? another blanket!!! So hospitable!!!

4) I had a cut on my arm on one of the nights, and stained the bedsheets (its about 2 punch hole size faded stains) and the hotel staff charged me 500NT for it. wow! only at this hotel!! get charged and be in charge!! The flamboyant chief at the front desk said its their duty to clean the bedsheets and assure my stay is stain free..

5) When you have a problem, be sure to meet the chief staff on duty, he is the most eloquent and flamboyant staff i have ever met! He can make you do anything.... even pay for the stains. (see above) Thank god he didn't charge me for the other stains!!! wow!!

6) they will call you half hour before check out to say with a determined manly voice '' If you don't check out by 12pm , we charge you''. Wow!!! SO Efficient!!!

On a serious note:
Hope the review has been helpful. i am trying to put it in the best way i can, so i wont get mad and ruin my mood. hope you guys catch the drift. I stayed for about 2 weeks to visit my Taiwanese girlfriend. Been to more than 10 hotels in Taiwan. Nothing comes close to this.

Regards,