“Great location but room was not soundproof”

Vendome Hotel Taipei
Ranked #489 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location but room was not soundproof”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 5 nights. Great location as the mrt is only 2 mins away and there are many shopping areas around the hotel. The rooms are clean and staff are helpful. The breakfast provided is simple and nice. The only thing I dislike was that the rooms were not soundproof.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TeemoLOL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 15, 2013

cosy hotel located right beside metro station. very convenient and price is very reasonable.
staffs are very approachable and pleasant. seems like there's no 3G reception in the rooms so you must connect to their wifi, but their wi-fi works just fine so no issue there. interior of room is really nice in my opinion (:

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

very friendly flexible staff
great location
smart look
cheap, will certainly book again
slept fine every night, no noise pollution.

breakfast, well, boring, but the ladies cooking the eggs and making lots of fresh coffee are really sweet.

downsides. wifi was very unstable and some rooms do not have a safe which would be a showstopper for me,

Room Tip: tell them in advance if you want a room with a safe in it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank steveblower
singapore
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great for lovers, glass wall seperates washroom and bed room.
Clean and carpeted
Friendly receptionist that would help with directions
Cha jie /tea street is just rite behind the hotel
Club Luxy is located same building @level one, ladies nite
Right in the bustling shopping city district
Not for the resort n scenery loving crowd

Room Tip: Nearer to reception counter cus the PCM with free Internet is at buffet area
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. The first time was when it first opened. We had a pleasant stay that time. The 2nd time however, which was about 8 months ago,everything had gotten older, and our stay was not an enjoyable one. The rooms are very basic and smallish. The 2nd time we went they actually asked us not to flush our toilet paper down the toilets. While that is the norm in Taiwan for public bathrooms, I did not at all like the idea of my bedroom smelling like one. Also that someone had obviously smoked in my room, despite it being illegal. It is also very common in Taiwan for people to ignore non-smoking rules indoors. The bed had gotten very crappy and almost broken, making weird sounds everytime we moved. The free breakfast is some of the most sad food I've ever had. Considering you can just got out and get awesome breakfast for $3, there is really no point in eating the breakfast they provide you. Nowadays when I want to stay in the area I pay a little more and stay at San Want not far from Vendome. I don't love San Want either, but at least everything is done to international standards and I don't feel budgety when I stay there.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank justinehsu

Travelers are raving about these Taipei hotels

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel around the end of May 2012 with my boyfriend and my sister and her boyfriend. This hotel is located on the 12th floor of a big building so you have to take an elevator from the first floor up. First impression of the hotel was fine. Though it was a little dark along the corridors due to the choice of colours, but it could probably just be a theme and it did not make me feel uncomfortable at all, so. I felt that the staff were friendly and welcoming and it seems like a cozy enough place for me. I've seen much worse, so I would say I definitely liked it.

The first thing I noticed about the room was that it was smaller than most places in Taiwan, but then again, being in the middle of activity in Taipei city itself, I suppose it was still acceptable as there was sufficient space for all to walk and for my luggage to open fully. =)

The room was pretty nice and clean, which was the most important thing for me. However, I would not recommend this place for families. The ambiance is great for a couple, cozy and snug, but I will not say the same for a family because the second thing I noticed was that they adopted an open concept for their toilet where the wall separating toilet and room is replaced by clear glass. The only thing left to protect any privacy of yours would be a curtain which can be opened or closed from the OUTSIDE of the toilet. You may check out the photos of this hotel for a better look. But if you would like to avoid awkward and insecure moments in the toilet, not the place for you.

Other than that I really like the rooms which were super comfy!

The staff there were also friendly and helpful. When I asked for directions to YeLiu, the staff not only helped me check the public buses to get there, she even went on to search for the intervals and exact timings of the arrival of the buses for the time I would like to set off and recommended what time I should be waiting.

Location was great. The entrance of the train station is just at the foot of the building were this hotel is located at. So it is highly convenient for you to get around Taipei from this hotel. Else, You could also easily get what you want from the area as it has no lack of shops and departmental stores around. Within the building itself, there are also pubs, clubs, gym, billards etc for you to entertain yourself till late. It is just so within the middle of EVERYTHING.

Come night is the downfall. With all the activities going on around, sleep gets quite disturbed till late. Sound-proofing is not well done and I can hear my sister and her boyfriend having their conversation next door and singing from the floor below. I noticed it doesn't happen on all nights though (the singing), so I suppose that depends on luck. So once again, not a good idea for families esp with children.

Overall, location was great, room was good, but the environment kills your sleep.

Room Tip: Don't book the rooms with breakfast. There is a starbucks on the first floor and a popular noodl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank authumleaves
Hong Kong
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Vendome hotel's location is convenient but

this hotel actually is not for tourist, that's mainly for an hourly-rate renter. I stayed there for 3 nights. You can clearly hear someone singing from below karaok floor which is non-stop whole night. The noise from the hourly-rate renter came from next door is crazily high. I couldn't wait until morning on the 3rd night & freshed up at 4am & rushed to the airport. In fact, I really loved to move out after the experience on 1st night, unfortunate I prepaid the room rate. This was a big mistake for picking this hotel.

Rating for