we spend 6 days for Chinese New Year here. Kitchen is good but could be better with a rice cooker. The master bathroom has bath and shower combo but need a wider screen to keep floor dry.
Beds are comfortable for 5 adults but less for remaining one.
The surrounding area is pleasant with parks and shoppings and food all within walking distance. MRT station is near to Sogo shopping area.
We were given a tour of apartment during checkin and were told to leave keys upon departure. This means no cleaning service during our stay and we have complete privacy unless we phone for help.
We have stayed at this apartment previously and it is still good, it could do with a slight attention to detail but this is Asia.
Very spacious, well fitted kitchen, 2 separate bathrooms and 3 bedrooms.
Aircon for heating or cooling, we need the heating on a couple times over Xmas.
The location is just great in Tianmu, short walk to 3 large department stores with large food halls and good restaurants and also the lanes/back streets of the area.
Plenty of local restaurants, 7/11 and supermarkets nearby.
Taxis are super cheap to go to the city, 101 etc. or catch the train behind the Sogo store.
Overall very pleasant and convenient location.
We love the apartment is open plan, giving us a sense of space and luxury.
We had window views all over north and west Taipei from our master bedroom. Also everything works well and spotless clean. We also had a washing machine and dryer which allowed us to wash our clothes. In short, for a family of 5 it was a wonderful stay. Must add that the owners were extremely cordial and welcoming answering our dry need and every query. We are sure to come back with our two children. can’t wait!
We stayed at Cherry's apartment with our three children and found the location to be our favourite of our time in Taiwan, likewise the quality and comfort of the apartment was of very high standard. All facilities where available and working as promised and we will most certainly book again when we return to Taiwan.
After seeing the posting for the apartment on TripAdvisor I booked directly with the owner as I was staying for 25 nights and looking for a month rental price. She did give me that. Never met owner - she sent her assistant and never showed up over my month long stay despite the multitude of problems. When I arrived at the apartment it immediately had problems - tub in bathroom not working properly so wouldn't drain once bath was filled. Owner had known about problem, but not had it fixed prior to my arrival. I was responsible for meeting the maintenance man. Two days later bugs started crawling in through the air con - I was responsible for spraying. DVD player not working, as not all remotes are present- I was responsible for finding a fix (DVD player was critical as I was traveling with children). Worst problem is that air con in master bedroom stopped working and I was responsible to wait out the day long service - I'm on holiday, who has time to do this. In the end, owner never responded to my request for my deposit back. In summary, apartment has great location - is clean, but not maintained well so things constantly break and you are responsible for sorting out the solution.
We had booked this unit looking at its layout and location for a family of 2 adults and 3 children. We could not stay at this place as Cherry informed us just two weeks before travel that she would cancel due to some structural work that required to be done in the apartment. It was a late notice which created disappointment and anxiety. Cherry refunded the booking amount timely and advised an alternate apartment where we ended up staying finally.
1. For our family of 5 adults and 1 kid, whole apartment was quite comfortable with all the amenities you would 1. Pros:
1. For our family of 5 adults and 1 kid, the whole apartment was quite cleand and spacious. We had what we needed and didnt think we would- too many to itemize! The aesthetics was more than nice considering most living units in Taiwan are plainly decorated or none at all.
2. Even if we arrived late, someone met us for the turnover. We were provided a folder-full of intructions what we needed to do to keep the place in good shape and a general guide of the area with maps and tour booklets!
2. We loved the bath tub after a whole day of walking! My son liked the shampoo provided -it made his hair softer.
3. 1 Block away: More than 4 convenience stores nearby ( 7-Eleven and Family Mart), a Mos Burger outlet, a cocktail hole in the wall bar ( although we werent able to try it), a Taiwanese food/beer outlet, an Indian food outlet, FILA factory outlet and at least 2 parks w/ playground.
4. 2 blocks away: SOGO Dept Store ( Tianmu Branch)- high end brands and restaurants. We highly recommend the Chinese Restaurant for bday celebrations because of the delicious Peking Duck! Cooked roasted and soup style. Also delicious: Fried Rice, Pork Dimsum, Fried Tofu Skin wrapped in soft wrapper and Shrimp Dumpling. If I interpreted it correctly, they are one of the Top 100 Restsurants in Taiwan. We also loved Cappriosso Italian restaurant- Squid Ink Pasta, Creamy Chcken with Truffle Oil Linguini, Pepperoni Pizza and Seafood Risotto. We topped it all with the best Herb-Infused Olive Oil we have tasted! There was also a Thai restaurant but was already closed for ordering but based on the # of tables taken, it would also popular. Foodcourt had more than 10 various food outlets from Taiwanese, Jap, Chinese and Korean.
3. 3 blocks away: Zhisan MRT Station.Carrefour Outlet. Numerous food outlets like Beitou Squid.
Con: One only- Why we had to pay for a cleaning service which was deducted from the bond. Considering we stayed for 4 days, I would assume the rental rate would already cover it.
Important reminder: Make sure to heed their advise to take note of the Apartment Bldg # ( # 88 ) and the Dr Wells Smile Clinic outside!
The 2 Bldgs look exactly the same! You should not follow us like when our key wouldnt open the bldg entrance door at 12 midnight and the apartment # buzzers were all in Chinese!. So, we tried buzzing several and woke up angry tenants who obviously didnt open because they didnt know us. Until one came in the other entrance door and let us in. When we rode the elevator, it slowly dawned on us that we might be in the wrong place bec the elevator wall had a diff design. We we're quite sure when door #4 at the 11th floor was also different!
Lesson leaened: Listen well during the short orientation!