“5 stars for front desk staff”
Review of K Hotel (Taipei I)

K Hotel (Taipei I)
Ranked #270 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Kodak (I) is located in a very quite area, but only 5 mins away from Chong san subway station.
We stayed for 3 nights with one extra bed for y three years old son. Though the extra bed was a sofa bed, but very comfortable.
The breakfast has varies dishes from Chinese to western, and always refilled.
What mostly impressed me was the 5 star service of the front desk. They will try their best to help me in anyway, and always with a true smile. Worth staying just for this,
However, I did not vote for excellent was for some hair still remained on the carpet. Picked up by my son,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at K hotel Taipei I for a night(Superior room) recently.The hotel was decent and clean. Room was ok with all the basic stuff. Convenient location, near train station(Zhongshan) and just a stop away from Taipei main station (Interchange stop/HSR etc). 7-11 store is just beside the hotel and MOS Burger is just nearby. You cant see the hotel from the main road as its located in one of the side alley. Its not difficult to find once you know it.

Only thing that I felt could have been better is their service. As it was new years eve when I arrived and I asked for informations pertaining to countdown 2013 in Taipei but felt not much of informations provided. Its liked I asked and answered it myself at the end still. They didnt help much and I dun feel they wanted to try their best too. In short, they were not rude but you just dun feel like talking or asking them anything.When I check out, it was not just cold outside but "inside" too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lovely_angel006
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Very nice Hotel, located on Zhongshan Road, but very quiet. 5 mins walk to Zhongshan station. We stayed here for 5 nights with my two years old daughter. Hotel staffs are very helpful, they helped me to book taxi and gave a lot information about train schedule. Room is small but clean and bed is comfortable. Breakfast is good but can have more choice. After all, it worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Eeco T
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights in K suite. Great location, very convenient. Situated right beside 7-11, close to police station, mos burger, macdonalds and etc. Zhongshan mrt is within 5 min walk. The staff were all very friendly and would always greet us when we enter or leave the hotel. Free wifi access in room! Room was really spacious with 2 TVs! Really clean! Don't be fooled by the outside of the building! Day tours were available as well. Would definitely stay back in this hotel!

As it isn't a big hotel, the variety of food available for breakfast is quite limited (cereals, bread, some chinese cuisines and salad) but still acceptable. In any case, you can always drop by the cafes near the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank flautistgal
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This trip is family trip that I have booked the executive room+sofa bed. Same as K Hotel II that their weekend rate is cheaper than weekday rate due to their main customers are mostly Japanese for business trip.
Good location which is nearer to Zhongshan MRT Station, but in case you are taking taxi to this hotel do remind the driver this is K-Hotel I which is just beside the Taipei City Zhongshan Police Station or else most of the taxi drivers will bring you to K Hotel II. This Lane 11 is narrow that bus not able to drive in.
Room size is smaller than K II, sofa bed for the kid is nice but for adult might be too soft. The toilet without telephone in case you are in the toilet and call is coming, you cannot get the call in the toilet. The lift is faster than K Hotel II, but breakfast K Hotel II is better. They provide one washing machine and drying machine at 8th.FL and restaurant also at 8th.FL.
Service is good and even though the last day we had checked out earlier before their restaurant operation time, they had changed their breakfast to MOSE Burger's breakfast sandwich plus red tea for us.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Ping-i3
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Stayed one night on the last day in Taiwan. Rate is cheap, but room is pretty small. Sound insulation between rooms are bad, as I can hear the neighbours. As there was some minor renovation done, just when we are about to check out, the one & only lift was suspended for servicing & we had to climb up the 6 flights of stairs. Luckily the hotel is not too high. The saving grace was that the hotel staff was kind enough to send a bellboy to bring our luggages down. They are also able to get us a taxi to airport at only NTD888 (we paid NTD1100 from airport).
Location is near to all the branded shops. But we located some local shops which are worth a visit for cheap stationery/homeware. Bought some really soft face towels for the kids.
Good for short stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hlmh
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Stayed here for just over a week ,sharing a room with our teenage daughter .Whilst the room wasnt particulaly huge ,amazingly we didnt feel we were all squashed together or falling over each other all the time. Cant fault the hotel ,it would just be 'splitting hairs' to do so. Daughter happily surprised her sofa bed wasnt the extremely uncomfortable British type ,but a far more substantial version which was as comfortable as our bed. Can't say I noticed the mattress being particularly hard as the previous reviewer .Staff couldnt have been pleasanter or more helpful .We were VERY impressed when one of the army of reception staff ran after my husband in the pouring rain insisting he swap his own smaller umbrella for one of the larger hotel umbrellas as they were concerned he might get wet !
The sound system ,(CD player /radio)was replaced .As we had not even turned it on we were somewhat surprised as to the efficiency and thoroughness of the maid.
We were told by a local ,the hotel is used mostly by Japanese business guests ,and not many tourists stay .Its tucked down a side street ,which one taxi driver couldnt find ,but makes for a quiet stay. Its literally yards to a large police building ,which perhaps is largely admin as I dont recall any sirens wailing .Walk c.75 ft and you are at the junction of two main roads .Plenty of shops,food outlets ,a 7-11,two excellent department stores,both with excellent basement food courts with lots of choice. The hotel breakfast is fine ,you wont starve ,there will be something from the selection that you can eat I'm sure. Good tip try the Garden Hotel around the corner for their 'as much as you can eat' buffet lunch .Fantastic .
Its not a luxury hotel but you get what you pay for .Its safe,clean,comfortable,friendly,caring and you will be in good hands.We were there for a wedding so it could have spoilt many things. We were instead very satisfied with everything. How unusual !

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family