“Clean & decent room, nice location”

New Continental Hotel
Ranked #251 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
Hong Kong, China
“Clean & decent room, nice location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel is in between two MRT stations, and is about a 10-15 min walk to either Zhongshan MRT or Taipei main station. You can always scoot underground and walk there via the underground mall so you don't have to fight with traffic if you are heading to Taipei Main Station. We stayed in a triple room, and it is spacious enough. Breakfast choice is a bit limited... but there is a Wellcome next door where you can get all you need such as yogurt and fruits if you so choose. I wish I could find a cafe that is open in the morning though. I was out and about by 8am and wandered around, and couldn't find a cafe that is open to get some coffee and breakfast. Maybe I just walked in the wrong places! All in all, a pleasant enough stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Princess_Pudding

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I'm very satisfied this refurbished hotel. Although is not 5 star hotel but I think it worth as 5 star, as this hotel is better than Fullon hotel in Hualien and Luming resort in Taitung in in room comfort and convenience. The only thing I don't like is the breakfast choices is very very less and my room is windowless, I can't see outside at all, don't know when is the sunrise , but windowless room is bigger than those with window. And the TV channels choices are less and not popular channels, no TVBS also, it has more China tv channels than Taiwan and international channel, no fox star sports and HBO also. In conclusion, I love this hotel so much, and the lift is bright and looks new! The bed, pillows and bathroom everything is superb and is clean!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nico L
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is just 5 minutes away from Ningxia night market, next door to Wellcome convenient store which operates 24 hours and 20 minutes from main station. It's just the place you would like to be in if you are not looking at being in the hotel
room all the time.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Joyce M
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here on the last day of Taiwan Tour. The hotel is about 10Mins walk from Main Station and busy shopping district with Fast food outlets and Electronic stores. Also clothing. 7-Eleven and other retailers on the same street. There is a night market nearby for an unforgettable experience of the hustle and bustle of Taipei..
Front desk were helpful when asked about laundry service and had a ready sheet with details for nearby Laundromat. Was able to stroll down around 9pm and get it done, while enjoying the night market.
Free Wi--Fi was great for keeping in touch with daily events.

Room Tip: The lobby has a rack with daily newspapers on library style stick.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Flane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I arrived at the hotel lobby way too early, around 10:00am or so and I could see the front desk personnel was having trouble trying to check me in and assign me a room. I expected them to hold my baggage and to be told to come back later around 3:00pm but to my surprise, Mr. Jimmy Lai, a manager, was kind enough to find me a room for this tired traveler. The room was clean comparable to the quality standards and facilities as you would experience with Marriott, Holiday Inn Express or Hilton Garden hotels in the USA. There is a restaurant next to the lobby, a grocery store next door down a level, a bank two doors away, and yes for a seafood lovers traveler like yours truly, there is a night market nearby. Visiting, walking through it, seeing, smelling and interacting with friendly people with no or little English is an experience I would forever cherish. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AnakKelantan
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

A clean hotel with not so big room, no window. About 10-15mins walk to Taipei main station. Besides hotel has 24hrs convenience basement store. A walking distance abt 15mins to Ning Xia night market (tourist spot at tourist price). Nearby has KFC,McDonald, egg tart etc. Breakfast serve normal porridge, fried meehoon, fruits etc. Not too bad hotel, will stay again if price is less than SGD120/night.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for the last night of my ten day trip to Taiwan. Every hotel is marvelous, until I check-into New Continental. I booked their Standard Single Room for one night stay mainly because the hotel location near Taipei main station and the room type that I am looking for particularly. I reach the hotel at 1 pm, hoping that I am able to check-in earlier than the stated 3pm check-in time, so I'm able to travel to other part of Taipei for my anniversary activities of the day. However, the front desk staff shows zero flexibility, saying that I can only check-in at 3pm. So, she proceed with all the check-in procedure and allocate me a room. I asked whether they are able to sent my luggage up to the room later as I will only be back to the hotel late in the night, and again, the reply is NO.. Still, I felt that it is reasonable and happily continue on my schedule of the day.

The worse part came when I arrived back at the hotel around 11pm. I collected my luggage and went up to the room allocated to me earlier and I discovered that they provide me with a wrong room type. The room type that I booked came with a cozy area (sofa with a desk in front) and a double bed, but instead it gives me 2 double bed only. I called the reception to double check, guess what? THE RECEPTION TOLD ME THAT THEIR HOTEL DO NOT HAVE THE ROOM TYPE WITH THE SOFA AREA?!! So, I hang up the phone and went online to check their official website, And YES, THEY DO HAVE IT.. With all the pictures and room descriptions as evident, my partner and I went down to lobby personally and demand a room change. This time round, they told me that they have to check my booking details. After checking everything, they told me that their hotel has renovated, and the picture I saw is the picture before they renovate, so now they do not have this room type anymore. So, I asked them, how the hotel expect the customer to make reservation with wrong information provided in the website, how can they be so irresponsible. In the end, they called the night shift manager down to settle and this manager displayed a better attitude by apologizing. But what is the use of it?! We did not get the room we originally booked for, and the price of this hotel is even more expensive than the one I stayed in Ximending with better environment and services (Muzik hotel). In the end, both me and my partner do not want to waste our last night arguing. We did not even ask for a rebate as money is not really our priority during vacation.

Just want to share my experience that this is definitely not a good hotel to stay in Taipei when there are many SO MUCH BETTER hotel out there. All they care for is just let u check-in only when it is 3pm, and called you to remind you to check-out in time even before 12pm. No other apologies received. It is really a disappointment to end my holiday this way.

Room Tip: There is no better room to recommend as you would not know whether the room you booked will still be...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jesslyn513

Travelers are raving about these Taipei hotels