“Convenient Location, Helpful Staff”

New Continental Hotel
Ranked #243 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Sydney
“Convenient Location, Helpful Staff”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here on the last day of Taiwan Tour. The hotel is about 10Mins walk from Main Station and busy shopping district with Fast food outlets and Electronic stores. Also clothing. 7-Eleven and other retailers on the same street. There is a night market nearby for an unforgettable experience of the hustle and bustle of Taipei..
Front desk were helpful when asked about laundry service and had a ready sheet with details for nearby Laundromat. Was able to stroll down around 9pm and get it done, while enjoying the night market.
Free Wi--Fi was great for keeping in touch with daily events.

Room Tip: The lobby has a rack with daily newspapers on library style stick.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Flane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I arrived at the hotel lobby way too early, around 10:00am or so and I could see the front desk personnel was having trouble trying to check me in and assign me a room. I expected them to hold my baggage and to be told to come back later around 3:00pm but to my surprise, Mr. Jimmy Lai, a manager, was kind enough to find me a room for this tired traveler. The room was clean comparable to the quality standards and facilities as you would experience with Marriott, Holiday Inn Express or Hilton Garden hotels in the USA. There is a restaurant next to the lobby, a grocery store next door down a level, a bank two doors away, and yes for a seafood lovers traveler like yours truly, there is a night market nearby. Visiting, walking through it, seeing, smelling and interacting with friendly people with no or little English is an experience I would forever cherish. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AnakKelantan
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

A clean hotel with not so big room, no window. About 10-15mins walk to Taipei main station. Besides hotel has 24hrs convenience basement store. A walking distance abt 15mins to Ning Xia night market (tourist spot at tourist price). Nearby has KFC,McDonald, egg tart etc. Breakfast serve normal porridge, fried meehoon, fruits etc. Not too bad hotel, will stay again if price is less than SGD120/night.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for the last night of my ten day trip to Taiwan. Every hotel is marvelous, until I check-into New Continental. I booked their Standard Single Room for one night stay mainly because the hotel location near Taipei main station and the room type that I am looking for particularly. I reach the hotel at 1 pm, hoping that I am able to check-in earlier than the stated 3pm check-in time, so I'm able to travel to other part of Taipei for my anniversary activities of the day. However, the front desk staff shows zero flexibility, saying that I can only check-in at 3pm. So, she proceed with all the check-in procedure and allocate me a room. I asked whether they are able to sent my luggage up to the room later as I will only be back to the hotel late in the night, and again, the reply is NO.. Still, I felt that it is reasonable and happily continue on my schedule of the day.

The worse part came when I arrived back at the hotel around 11pm. I collected my luggage and went up to the room allocated to me earlier and I discovered that they provide me with a wrong room type. The room type that I booked came with a cozy area (sofa with a desk in front) and a double bed, but instead it gives me 2 double bed only. I called the reception to double check, guess what? THE RECEPTION TOLD ME THAT THEIR HOTEL DO NOT HAVE THE ROOM TYPE WITH THE SOFA AREA?!! So, I hang up the phone and went online to check their official website, And YES, THEY DO HAVE IT.. With all the pictures and room descriptions as evident, my partner and I went down to lobby personally and demand a room change. This time round, they told me that they have to check my booking details. After checking everything, they told me that their hotel has renovated, and the picture I saw is the picture before they renovate, so now they do not have this room type anymore. So, I asked them, how the hotel expect the customer to make reservation with wrong information provided in the website, how can they be so irresponsible. In the end, they called the night shift manager down to settle and this manager displayed a better attitude by apologizing. But what is the use of it?! We did not get the room we originally booked for, and the price of this hotel is even more expensive than the one I stayed in Ximending with better environment and services (Muzik hotel). In the end, both me and my partner do not want to waste our last night arguing. We did not even ask for a rebate as money is not really our priority during vacation.

Just want to share my experience that this is definitely not a good hotel to stay in Taipei when there are many SO MUCH BETTER hotel out there. All they care for is just let u check-in only when it is 3pm, and called you to remind you to check-out in time even before 12pm. No other apologies received. It is really a disappointment to end my holiday this way.

Room Tip: There is no better room to recommend as you would not know whether the room you booked will still be...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jesslyn513

Travelers are raving about these Taipei hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Location : 15-20 mins walk to Taipei Station, bit close to Zhong Shan station, about 10 mins walk.
Lobby : 1st impression on the hotel lobby was so so. But got a little surprise when stepped out the lift on 5th floor.
Room : not too space, but enough for single. Clean, bright and tidy. Seems new renovated hotel. with free wi-fi
Service : nice, helpful and timely
Nearby : foot massage, supermarket, whole-seller for cloths, housewares, etc. close to underground mall which links to Taipei Station subway. Few mins walk to night market
Breakfast : simple but enough in the morning
With nice staying for 4 nights, value for money and will recommend to friends

Room Tip: There are few no window rooms in every floor (most of them are in even numbers)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Wahaha_bear
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

If you want a roof over your head then it's ok, otherwise I would not waste my time. Breakfast is crap, frontline staff cannot speak english & don't make any attempt to try. Concierge and porters will not help but more interested in texting or their cell phones, oh & don't ask for directions you'll be given a bum steer.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mark A
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hotel situated on a busy road in amongst the many small shops and businesses which spill onto the footpath. 10 minutes walk to the nearest MTR (Zhongshan) and more upmarket shopping area. Several small convenience stores handy to the hotel.
The hotel rooms were modern, well appointed and well maintained and service throughout was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo