“Beautiful place, beautiful people, beautiful service”
Review of MudanHouse

and 1 more site!
MudanHouse
Ranked #66 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful place, beautiful people, beautiful service”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the mudan house. The room was just nice for the 2 ladies with luggages all over the place. There was a mini bar fridge, television and a desk.

The owners were really friendly and chatty. We had a good time chatting during breakfast on both days. The porridge aunty makes was the best comfort food I had. She was also very nice. She helped us get our carton tied up when she saw us struggling to carry such a big box to the bus stop. She also recommend us single ladies to visit a temple which is meant for good marriages.

The vicinity was good. There's a bus which takes about an hour to the airport.. Plenty of food around.. Walking distance to supermarkets and wet markets..

Overall a nice place to stay

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Hueygoose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
shanghai
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Honestly, this is the worst accommodation experience I've never had!
We stayed there in Sept.2013 for three nights but were really shocked to find they never clearned up the rooms and even transh cans during our whole stay! After we talked them about this, they said this should be the usual practice to clean up the rooms after guests leave their house.
My friend has being a hotelier for more than 20 years and I used to be for nearly 5 years. We never heard about this before and the facilities in the rooms look average. How can they treat their guests like this? We really don't understand and we'll neither stay at there again nor recommend it to any of our friends who will travel in Taipei!

Room Tip: Strongly recommend you not choose it as your travel accomodation place!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank even0612
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed in Mudan House for my last 2 Taipei trips. Both stays had not disappointed me. It is situated at a very good location whereby there are buses to everywhere and a train station. Not to mention a night market directly besides it.

The money you paid includes daily breakfast and you get to mingle with other guests. You dun get these kinda experience if you stay in other hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank duracellrabbid
Singapore
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed at Mudan's house in May 2013.

I had little difficulty looking for the house. (But i always do my research with google maps before my trips) It's about 5mins walk from the train station. It's directly opposite a primary school (i believe). It felt very safe staying there. the room is HUGE and very comfortable! The host discovered a problem in my room's shower and I had to shower in their 'private family' shower room instead. The host apologized for the problem and offered a slightly discounted rate. I'm very happy with my stay there. After i shifted my luggage into the room, the host also showed me a map of the good food around the area but the map was a quite sketchy and i cant find certain stores.

All in all good stay at a good price.

Pros:
- Walking distance from train station
- comfortable bedding
- huge toilet area
- modern decor (all nice and clean)
- the host showed me the bus stop which has a bus going to the airport (Very convenient!)

Con:
- Nothing really. Had a great stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michy_27
Northmead, Australia
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am really lucky to have found this place. Experiencing the life of the locals as it is actually sit on a very nice suburb where there are school , night market , MRT, Banks if need to change $$$ go before 3.30pm Mon to Fri ( For SG there is a DBS around & if you withdraw $$ from the ATM there is not $5 charge). All these info are nicely done up and printed by the house in a handy leaflet >>> Very Useful<<< . Doris mmmm very nice host > surprise me Heaps lol , Stephen , thanks for driving us to the Taipei Main Station to catch the Airport Bus, so much better if you a fair bit to carry. GuGu , Thanks for the yummy breeky never fail to finish them :P . Ohh.. "Tanya Chua" Huimin, Have confident in your English trust me you are not bad.

I had a wonderful time in the House which far better than most hotels. The price is much much worth it! Will be my accomodation next trip mmmm... should I be selfish and delete what I typed hahaha else I will have problem booking it hahaha.

Thanks again to Doris, Stephen, Huimin & Heng Poh the guest :P for making my stay in Taipei very relax.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Randy T
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Doris, her dad and aunt were amazing hosts. They gave us lots of information and recommendations of places to visit. Because we were doing an island tour, Doris kindly agreed to keep one of our luggages for us while we toured the rest of Taiwan. Breakfast together with the other guests also allowed us to make new friends. All in all, we enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank tssjtjt
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Mudan House is my oasis of warmth and refuge in the bustling city of Taipei.

It is clean and everyone I've met there has proven to be genuine and helpful.

Location is a bit off the central but well serviced by MRT and buses. It is located smack in the middle of some great food all day long and I'll happily swap that for a more central location.

Shout out to Doris, Ah Ko and Stephen - great conversations and great recommendations. My trip would not have been as memorable without their local knowledge and guidance.

Can't say enough good things about this place. I will go back again and again. And again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo