“Just stay here - you will love it!!”
Review of HOTEL QUOTE Taipei

HOTEL QUOTE Taipei
Ranked #40 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Just stay here - you will love it!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I just came back from my countdown trip to Taipei and this hotel is one of the highlight of the trip...if not the best!! I am a avid traveller, and have stayed in numerous luxury and design hotels. This hotel certainly sweeps me off my feet...

I stayed in a T room (39 sq m) and highly recommend it as the layout and space utilisation is fantastic. The design of the room is really cool, just check out the website. The bed is super comfortable n lighting of the room soothing. Bath area is spacious - with separate shower and long bath.

In addition to the fabulous room, the perks are amazing. Free nespresso machine, in-room mini bar (drinks and snacks), 24 hr comfy lounge with internet access and drinks / snacks provided...all these included in the room rate. This really feels like a holiday!! they really know how to pamper the guests. Service level is very high...The staff goes all out to help you.

Stay here. you will not regret it!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank veratan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for the year end countdown concert at Taipei 101. The Hotel Quote (www.hotel-quote.com) where we stayed was really very good. Free WiFi and internet access in the hotel, and we can access to their hotel lounge anytime, with snacks/drinks... and they got the Roof top garden that we can go there as well. Hotel included breakfast also very good. Every room - including BOSE Hi-Fi, and Nespresso coffee machine, very cool~
It's just next to Asiaworld shopping mall, easy to take taxi ..etc., and it's very close to the Taipei Arena (small egg).
I must come back again.

Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
hong kong
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Stay for 2 nts....the U room was wonderful. Like the open bathroom concept and the whole extire lightings in the hotel....very sophisticated. Staffs were wonderful. Entrance is a Restaurant, so not very easily identified. Appreciate if there's something diff. everyday for the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank calvinchan100
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 28, 2009

The hotel's owner is a friend, so when I needed a place to stay in Taipei I naturally thought of this hotel, since I had been given a tour on a previous visit.

The decor of the room is very nice - refreshingly warm and understated with the use of earth tones. The bathroom area is open to the rest of the room, with a large curtain partitioning it from the corridor. The toilet and shower stalls are enclosed. The toilet uses the Japanese-style washing/drying system, which perhaps explains the lack of a fixed rack for the toilet paper roll. Since I don't use the system myself, I found it a little odd to either hold the roll in my hand or place it on the floor. The shower stall is nice are large. Lots of amenities are available, and you can replenish supplies from the lounge.

The king-sized bed is very comfortable, with four oversized pillows. The controls for the lights - on both sides of the bed - are placed on the low side tables. An overhead light is on a track so that it can slide over different parts of the bed.

The large LCD TV is pretty nice, with a DVD player so you can watch movies. A Bose iPod speaker system adds to the entertainment system. The availability of free WiFi, along with free local calls (not a given in Taipei hotels), appeals to travelers like myself who is constantly online. My only problem was with the IP phone which seemed to have technical difficulties and kept reprogramming/resetting itself. Maybe I was just too dumb to use something that sophisticated?

A Nespresso machine is a nice touch, and like the coffee, everything in the minibar is free of charge.

The H.Q. Lounge on the 2nd floor serves as the general dining area for breakfast and snacks. Breakfast consists of a small spread of cold appetizers (with lox on the menu), fruit and cereal, and a choice of American, Taiwanese or vegetarian "main course". It's a nice touch to include the Taiwanese porridge. The lounge also provides snacks and "comfort junk food" all day, with bowls of Jelly Belly, M&Ms, Goldfish...etc. And instant noodles are available after 9:30pm, which made me very happy.

For the price I paid, this hotel easily beats every other hotel I have stayed in Taipei. My only complaint is that the stuffed reindeer on my bed wasn't free for me to take home, and they actually wanted to charge me! I guess they had to have something that wasn't free in this hotel... =)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peech
Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2009

This hotel has just been opened in September 09, we stayed for 2 nights during October and it feels like we're the only guest in the hotel! I've stayed in Landis Taipei and Les Suite Ching Cheng before so I will write my review comparing Hotel Quote with these two.
Location: Just 5 mins walk to the nearest Nan Jing station and right beside the Asia World Department Store and Taipei Arene. In terms of location Les Suite is the best (2mins walk), Landis is roughly 20mins.
Rooms and Amenities: The rooms are divided into 5 categories, Q,U,O,T and E, we stayed in Room T, its roughly 35m square and theres no bathroom door but instead they use a big curtain to separate the area. Inside the bathroom, the WC and shower is separated again with glass doors(See pictures).
Few things I like and are soooo different from other hotels:
- Free Minibar and snacks!!! (See picture)
- The room rate comes with daily bottle of Merlot in the room, fresh fruits and a fabulous Nespresso coffee machine!
-24 hour HQ lounge where you can help yourself to fruits and snacks and 2 computer to use.
- Theres a retractable clothing line and washing powder in case you need to do some laundry!
- You can also borrow a range of Osim massage products like foot massager etc etc to use after a day of shopping!
- Theres a Ladies only floor, where you will get other amenities like hair curlers etc.
Few minor things I don't like:
- The windows cannot be open and therefore have limited/no views.
- No gym or pool and only one restaurant.
- Limited breakfast choice.
In conclusion, I will definitely return to this hotel (instead of Les Suite or Landis), the level of service is second to none. I've stayed in many fabulous hotel well known for their services (e.g. Mandarin Oriental and Peninsula Bangkok) and I have to say Hotel Quote even tops them. (The hotel manager even gave us his mobile number in case there is any emergency or any translation needs!)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends