“Charged extra for tonic water”
Review of HOTEL QUOTE Taipei

HOTEL QUOTE Taipei
Ranked #41 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hotel bars are of course pricey, but I object to paying extra for tonic water. Last night, I asked how much a gin AND tonic was. The bargirl (and the menu) stated it was NT$350. However, when the bill came, it was NT$350 for the gin only. An extra NT$20 was added for tonic water. This has never happened in any other bar in Taipei that I have visited. If the total cost is NT$370 (not including service charge, by the way), the hotel should write the correct cost on the menu. This may be a small point, but hotels should be professional. I will not come to the Quote bar again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nickTaipei
There are newer reviews for HOTEL QUOTE Taipei

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Friendly staffs, great facilities and ease of access to public transport (10 mins walking distance to the Nanjing East MRT Station). H.Q Lounge has all the complimentary drinks and snacks for your usage throughout my stay here. Room is clean, comfortable and has all the necessary amenities for my stay.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Although not many shops around this area, it is conveniently located a stone's throw away from the metro station.

My friends and I were welcomed into Taipei with mishaps left and right and that included a missing luggage at the airport. I must commend SPUD for helping coordinate and hasten the arrival of THE luggage.

Slept soundly in their very comfortable beds and felt very welcome with the overflowing inclusions to our room I.e bottomless bar, 24 hour lounge and most of all the very warm treaent of their staff.

I would definitely recommend you stay here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I picked Quote randomly out of a list where I could get a special deal when I visited Taipei for Cirque du Soleil so I only stayed one night.

And what a wonderful night it was!

I'd arrived a little early so my room wasn't ready but I checked in and left my luggage with them to explore the neighbourhood a bit. Explore wasn't what I ended up doing because I found a nice cafe and holed up with a wonderful latte and a book.

When I got back to the hotel around 3, I was greeted by name and informed my room was ready and my bag was waiting inside. A lady escorted me up and I was wow'ed by the room. I got a Q room and it was small but not claustrophobic at all due to the tasty furnishing. The bed was my favourite thing in the room, despite all the shiny gadgets.

Oh and the minibar is free.

Bathroom could have used a bathtub but the shower was nice enough. I also loved the Japanese bidet/toilet seat!

One thing that set this place apart from 99% of all other hotels I've stayed at before is the amazing soundproofing. I knew I had neighbours but had I not seen him in the hallway, I would have never known!!

Definitely the best boutique hotel I've stayed at in a city!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Before my arrival, I asked the hotel staffs to assist me in ordering Taiwanese souvenirs to be delivered to the hotel and made a number of restaurant reservations. The staffs helped me with my requests and were very courteous.

When I arrived,I received the same level of service. I also appreciate that a free lounge is provided for all guests with drinks, snacks and a wide range of magazines.

The location isn't the best but Taiwan taxis are cheap and easy to get.

The room is spacious enough and the bed is quite comfy. I stayed on the upper floors and it was rather quiet.

I am quite satisfied with the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was on a four day family holiday with my 3 adult children (26 - 32 years) and daughter-in-law and we all loved our stay here. Just as advertised, we were in a U room with a Nespresso machine and complimentary mini bar. The rooms were quiet and secure (although the lighting was a little too dark and the only window above the bed was tiny). The concept reminded me of the Camper Hotel in Berlin, as there is a 24 hour community room on the second floor. The hotel well priced with a delicious Chinese and western buffet breakfast included. The location was great since there was a MTR close by. I would definately stay there again, we all felt like it was a home away from home. The BEST thing about the hotel was the service, especially the manager Kenneth. Nothing was too much trouble and all the advice that he gave us was spot on - we felt like we had a friend back at the hotel who understood exactly our every need. Thank you Kenneth you made our stay in Taipei so enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel may have taken over as my favorite especially given the smaller atmosphere. I previously stayed at the W when i was in Taipei and i liked this property better.

I loved the room and just felt so comfortable and like it was my own apartment. There was ZERO noise from any other room. I don't know if they put extra insulation in or if I was just luck and no one was near me but it was so quiet. Maybe a downfall is that the only window in the room was very small but to me it made the place cozy. If you are sharing the room with someone else then you may not like the room given that the bathroom has the open concept to the bedroom. There is a shade to pull down but it is still really an open concept with a half wall between the bathroom and bed. Also it is just glass walls around the toilet and shower so again, very open.

The service was the best I can remember. I'm not sure about the amenities as far as a gym since i was only there for one night. The location was great for me as it was a five minute walk to my office but I can't say whether it is good for tourists on vacation as I'm not familiar with the where the touristy attractions are located. The minibar is free (although limited) and the second floor snacks and breakfast were a great deal. My price was very reasonable - actually much cheaper than the other similar rated hotels.

So i was very happy, would definitely recommend it and also hope to stay there again if I go back to Taipei.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business