“Lovely Boutique Hotel”
Review of HOTEL QUOTE Taipei

HOTEL QUOTE Taipei
Ranked #42 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Hotel Quote is a great little Boutique Hotel with attentive staff and a modern feel.

The rooms are very nicely laid out, with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The beds are also large enough that despite sharing the bed it often felt like you were the only one in it.

The room is modern, equipped with some nice mod-cons which include a Japanese style toilet!

Breakfast is a DIY buffet affair and offers a variety of options but if you are feeling hungry you may do be better off going elsewhere to fill up. This lounge is however open 24/7 so was great to nip and grab a coffee of a handful of M&Ms for movies back in the room.

The bar downstairs is interestingly decorated, the cocktails were very good and despite all good intentions of hitting the town after one drink in our hotel bar, we actually remained there all night as it started to get busy and the DJ played some classic old skool vinyl with skill.

The only negative would be for anyone who is slightly claustrophobic, the rooms do not offer any natural light and as a result are fairly dark although this didn't bother me in the slightest

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Everything GOOD you read about this hotel is true. It's at a fabulous location just 5 min from the nearest train station and a skip and hop from Taipei Arena which is great if you're a music fan like me. I have great plans to come back to watch a concert and stay at Hotel Quote again. I loved the quiet room with thick walls and door - no sound at all when inside. The bed is fabulous, the room spotless with nice toiletries - think it's bitter orange scented. The Nespresso machine was an obvious attraction and the minibar was totally free.

The breakfast was more than sufficient and they differentiated the food on the two mornings I was there. If they serve the roasted sweet potato, please go for it! It's absolutely yummy!The 24h snack bar was totally cool and I hung out there while waiting for my flight for an entire afternoon.

The hotel's one of those cool modern designs with lots of wood and a little dim in the lobbies but the room is very well-lit. It even has a dvd player though the one in my room came with contents left behind by the previous occupant. Very funny! If you need a gift, the hotel sells a cute reindeer soft toy that I got for my friends in Taipei. They loved the reindeer.

Service is warm, helpful and attentive but I suppose service is almost always good in Taiwan especially in a relatively high end hotel like this. During my stay, I saw mainly business travellers and some families.There were few small children and I appreciated that!

I definitely intend to stay there on my next visit to Taipei and even my Taiwanese friends would recommend this to others as well as use it for their own staycations.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This is a very cool place to stay. The first thing you notice when you enter is the water feature bar area, as this runs behind the reception. It's really a bit like staying in a trendy bar as most of the communal areas are low lit with some kind of jazz music playing in the background.
Our room was spacious, as we went for a T-Room. Again the room has only low lighting and not much of a window. There is a Bose dock, along with an Nespresso machine. A free mini bar which is re-stocked every day. A big old comfortable bed, and a huge bathroom, with separate bath and shower. The toilet is in another little room, state of the art, as when you enter the loo the seat pops up all on its own, how good is that! The breakfast and snack room is great, as you can help yourself to things like mini cakes, M and M's and coffee at anytime. Here you can also use the the Apple Macs and browse the net. The hotel is a few minutes walk away from the metro, so handy to get about. There is shopping centre just a step away from the hotel, if you need a fix of retail therapy! Staff are very helpful and friendly. A real great place to stay. My tip not to book direct as better deals can be found via other well known holiday websites.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2011

When I saw the exterior of the hotel, I was shocked. The hotel was smaller than I thought. But when I entered, it was better than I thought. The interior was a little to dark but it was okay for me. I loved the h.q lounge which was " loaded " with snacks and drinks. I went there every night to get a cup of coffee and some supplies like rubber bands, nail files, cotton wools, toothbrushes and bath salts. Their snacks were more than enough. The staffs were friendly and not at all fake. The breakfast variety was not a lot but nice. I do not need a huge variety of food which sucks. The room was not big but enough for 2. Sadly, there was no windows. They gave 3 coffee capsules per day which can be used in the coffee machine. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. Pick this as your first choice!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This actually is my third stay in this hotel. I admit the choice of staying in this hotel is for the convenient purpose -- it is close to where my parents live. However, this hotel provides everything you need and makes sure you stay comfortably. The staff are always friendship and providing professional services with smiles.
I like the personal check-in at the hotel. The staff at the front desk brings you to your room and help you familiarize the facilities in the room. Complementary Wifi is awesome! Though they only provides one set of passwords for accessing wifi at check-in, you can easily get another set of passwords for a second laptop whenever you request.
The bed is extremely comfortable. I always sleep well whenever staying at this hotel.
I like the 24 lounge at the 2nd floor, where there are snacks, juice, and soft drinks provided there. There are also some apple computers for guests to comfortably get online while relaxing at the lounge. However, in the recent stay, I found the variety of snacks are less than what it provided before. When I asked the staff on duty there, she said it was because the hotel wishes to provide different kinds of snacks to guests so that the guests will not be bored with the snacks there. But, what I found was -- all other kinds of snacks are still there and those more expensive ones are gone. I don't know if it is because of the purpose of cost saving...
Our room included complementary breakfast daily. But, the variety was just ok, not too impressed. I do not care about this part because there is Starbucks and Mos Burger nearby...
The hotel is very surprising quiet even though it is located on the main street. I never heard any traffic noise from the street.
If you need a comfortable and quiet place to stay, Hotel Quote is a great choice. However, if you wish to have enough sun lights in the hotel room, this is something Hotel Quote cannot provide. We only had a small window this time. In a previous stay, there was no window in the hotel room.
If you are sharing a room with your friend, I am not sure if this is a good choice because of the layout of the bathroom. But if you are traveling with your partner or by yourself, you will enjoy staying in this room.
Overall, this is the hotel I will recommend to anyone visiting Taipei for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Considering T room which is more spacious. Avoid staying on the 2nd floor because the music from th...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Was abit lost when I stepped into the 'lobby' as it is combined together with restaurant / bar area. Don't expect doorman or porter around if you have big luggages. I have to say the staff are helpful and provides good service but seems like they are under staff. I have to say I like the room very much as it is comfortable and clean, contemporary too. maybe about 2 minutes walk will take you to train station and eateries are easy to find too. At night, the lobby bar seems quite nice a place to unwind and relax.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We love everything about the hotel, especially the HQ lounge. But.. on our 2nd night around 12am, we were awoken by guest's room next door. They were blasting their music, laughing & showering (perhaps is the thin wall). Thinking that they had just checked in, need sometime to settle down. Our ordeal continued and escalated, we could smell cigarette smoke, despite it is a non smoking hotel (6 selfish people)!! I called the operater twice, 2nd time to change our room at 2pm cos we were suffocating in our room. To our horror, the corridor was filled with cigarette smoke. A staff came up to apologise and explained that becos is central aircon (kind of crap). The next day we were so tired, wasted 1 day of our precious holiday. There's nothing wrong with smoking, but where & when. The hotel gave us a NT500 meal voucher, we didn't use it, but requested for 1 HQ baby for my poor daughter, they gave her 1 pair (she was delighted). In short, I'm 50/50 about coming back

Room Tip: For T room, avoid room 05, e.g 505. High floor is a must.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family