“Best value for money and location”
Review of Fu Hau Hotel

Fu Hau Hotel
Ranked #272 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Quezon City, Philippines
“Best value for money and location”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I go to Taipei yearly because of my job. Last Sept, i decided to prolong my stay and had my hubby follow me there.

I was booked in United Hotel but I wanted some place near the MRT and affordable. Ive looked up Fu Hau already when I was still in Manila so we decided to stay there.

I just made a phone call from my hotel in Taipei and booked two days before my transfer. Id give the staff 85% fluency in English but at least she booked me correctly.

I rode the MRT red line and transferred to the brown line, and exited at the Daan station. It took us just 5 minutes from the station to the hotel, that fast with our luggage!

When we arrived, the receptionist told me that we were upgraded to the next higher type of room. The room was not so big but had basic amenities, clean and moderately stylish. But if this room was an upgrade, how small could the deluxe room be? However, it a nice room and considering its beside the MRT, you wont hear anything from outside.

Anyway, the breakfast buffet is just really basic, something to fill you up. Good thing is that there is a 7-eleven next door so we got our chicken fillet and rice meals and sandwiches there. The 7-Eleven there is really a life saver!

Comparing it to the surroundings of United Hotel, Daan district is a bit darker since establishments close a bit earlier but since this is Taipei, the place is still very safe if you want to go around at night.

TIP:
1. Buy a 1 or 2 day pass since you'd want to go around and take advantage that its close to the MRT DAAN station and go places! Red line has many places you'd like to visit.
2. Since Daan is on the brown line go to Muzah Zoo and ride the Gondola!!!
3. Sogo dept Store is at the Zongshan Fuxing station (one stop from Daan station) and has Din Tai Fung, City Super and Mos burger. You can even ride the bus to Taoyuan airport from across the Sogo dept store, just ask security guards.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank qtXtn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Stayed at the Fu Hau last January during a trip with the family. Arrived late night and tired but the reception staff breezed us through check-in. The hotel is small, with the lobby just big enough for a small reception area, a small lounge and the elevators. Nonetheless the interior design was nice and decent. This also meant that other facilities were small: hallways, breakfast lounge, rooms, bathrooms, etc...

The rooms were simple and a bit small but that was expected. The beds were comfortable enough, and there were side tables, a study table with a lamp, a refrigerator, and a TV. The odd thing about our room was the air-conditioning controls. We couldn't raise the temp even if we fiddled with the Taiwanese-language remote. So we made do with sleeping under several thick blankets.

The bathroom was also small (expected), but it was complete, had decent amenities. I even brought home the folding brush that was available in the drawer among the toiletries.

With the so-so physical features of this hotel already taken into consideration, what made this hotel really likable are the great breakfast, great staff and great location.

I always looked forward to the breakfast here. Breakfast was a simple selection but nonetheless impressive in taste. They offered western cereals, fruits, and a bread selection, but they also had congee, noodles, salads and other local stuff - perfect way to start your day!

The staff was great too. They helped us get directions to different attractions in Taipei, wrote down the names of destinations in Taiwanese (Hokkien or Mandarin) for the taxi, and even pointed us to a badly-needed street food place (open 24 hours) 1 block away from the hotel when we arrived hungry during the first night - a recommended destination in itself! When we got home from a full day of walking, at the ground floor lounge were a pot of hot tea and fresh cups to welcome us back!

Lastly, the location is fantastic. It's near the Sogo Dept store, right next to an MRT station, and on the same road as Taipei 101, which we walked to on our first day. There's also a great hainanese chicken place 2 doors away (take out only though - no tables!), which is a good place to get lunch if you start the day late.

Overall I would stay at this hotel again and look forward to using it as a base in Taipei.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TheEuge
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Great location, price, and cleanliness. Breakfast included. Refrigerator in the room. Free bottled water and snacks. The service was truly excelent.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank moralen
Hong Kong
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Reviews pretty on the mark. Hotel is right next to subway station, though a few blocks from the airport bus routes (one station on the train).

Received upgrade as hotel had no cribs. Room nice, though would have been happier with more than the one small window. There's also a near total lack of towel racks in the bathroom, which is odd omission, and there's no safe. Breakfast pretty good for a hotel like this - don't come expecting omelettes to order, but there's fresh fruit, cereal and various hot foods. Free internet terminal in the lobby.

All in all, pretty happy with our stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank YonHither
Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Very nice hotel, comfortable room, the breakfast catered to both Western and Asian tastes. Despite its location next to a busy road and the Da'an MRT station there was no noise in the room. Staff were friendly and helpful (they even opened up breakfast for us when we had to leave at 6:30am).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank champac
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Book 3 night at the Fu-Hau 2 days ago and really keen to check out this joint after all the review I see on the net.

The greatest feature on advertise is it include airport limo service as part of the feature of this room/offer. That the reason why I pick Fu Hau over all others.

Next thing I did was to arrange the pick up time and arrangement with the reservation agent. Then I was advise it will incur a charge for the limo service. I then forward my booking detail and after the agent did some further checking. They concluded the word "Airport Limousine Service" only mean the 'service is available'. They have ask the hotel to remove that conditional to save future confusion. So, instead of honour what I PAID for. They went back on their words and even idsregard the condition I paid for in black and white.

I am now waiting for a full refund and see they will honour that.

I can afford arriving in helicopter even but not the sensation of getting screw around and rip off !!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank giantbunny
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Went for a holiday with a bunch of friends and after scouting around Taipei for a decent hotel, we decided on Fu Hau Hotel, mainly because of the location and also influenced by all the good reviews in Tripadvisor. We were not disssapointed. The hotel location is excellent, only few steps away from Da-an MRT Station that will particularly takes you to anywhere in Taipei. Few steps away also you will find a bus stop that takes you directly to Taipei 101. Abundant of restaurants, fast food outlets, convenient stores and night markets nearby. Everthing you need are within walking distance! The hotel is particularly located in the heart of Taipei! Rooms were quite small but very comfy nevertheless. They have only 4 rooms located on each floor and in total they have only 40 rooms, a small hotel indeed but big in thier hospitality. Even though the hotel is located in a city center, we don't have issue of noise travelling to our rooms from the busy street below and we managed to sleep for 4 nights like babies. Rooms came with all the ammenities that most of the 5-Star hotels' provide. The front desk service was flawless, they never say no to you and always eager to help....and will go out all the way to assist you with anything patiently. Breakfast choices were moderate but service was excellent too. The breakfast room is located at the hotel's basement. Free internet usage at the lobby was a plus point and free drinking water was also provided at the lobby. Two thumbs up for Fu Hau Hotel and its staffs!

All of us agreed that this hotel will be highly recommended by us and if anyone of us were to go back to Taipei again, Fu Hau Hotel will definitely be our top priority.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends