1. ABSOLUTELY GO! Excellent food, excellent service -- shout out to Lei Lei and the staff at the front, you guys rock! If you enjoy eating, you cannot miss DTF.
2. Say you can share a table (recommended for solo or couples) and skip the long wait. Not only do you get seated pretty quickly (within 5-10 minutes even during rush), you usually get the big tables next to the windows which have a great view of the hustle & bustle in the restaurant. The tables are not crowded (a seat is left b/w different parties) and often get to meet other happy guests enjoying their dumplings.
3. Try the weekend special mini-dumplings with soup. The bite-size dumplings nestled in a spoon of delicious broth are, if possible , even more awesome.
4. Get some greens (pea shoots, water spinach, etc). If you don't like garlic, you can order these dishes without. Plenty of great dishes (dumplings and otherwise) for vegetarians at DTF.
5. All the dumplings are awesome but for a splurge, try the truffle w/pork. Intensely perfumed with visible slices of truffle, these dumplings are truly memorable.
6. A side-note, DTF has by far the best and cleanest restrooms I have ever seen in a restaurant...
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.