“Very good though not "one of the best restaurants in the world" anymore”

Din Tai Fung (Xinyi)
Ranked #25 of 13,280 Restaurants in Taipei
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Still beautiful and tasty little bites, delicious crispy vegetable dishes, but the restaurant's initial success has turned it into a large international chain. Nothing wrong with commercial expansion but the dishes have gone slightly down in quality. It is still excellent food which would not disappoint if expectations had not been raised by the hype surrounding it.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

When you visit Taiwan DO NOT miss this restaurant. Make a booking otherwise you have zero chance of getting a table. There are very good reasons that this is perhaps the most popular restaurant in Taipei. The food is just completely delicious, dim sum yum yum yum. The waiting staff are amazing, fantastic service, great English, happy smiling faces. I loved it more than I can say.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I heard so much about Din Tai Fung before my trip to Taiwan. Despite having so many outlets around the city, my friend was insistent that we head to the original store located near DONGMEN (orange line) station Exit 5. There was a crowd forming outside the restaurant and we were told by the staff that it would be a wait of approximately 1 hour before we get a table. It's not surprising since it was dinner time. They offered us the menu, order form and our queue number. There was enough front line staff to help with the growing, waiting crowd. Just before the 1 hour mark, we got our table.
The stairwell to get to our table was cramp and queasy but the same cannot be said for the restaurant itself. Despite it being a busy night (I'm guessing everyday is busy), the wait staffs were all smiling and greeting us.
Food was exceptional good. The Xiao Long Bao (XLB) is a must have! The original is with pork. However, they've also got a chicken and seafood option as well which caters to almost everybody. It was interesting to have XLB as my friend thought me a technique/way to have it. I wouldn't have known!
I highly recommend having your share of dumplings here but may be skip the peak hour if you're not willing to wait.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This famous restaurant with great taste and service is near my hotel. In front the Din Tai Fung , you always can see a lot of people waiting to experience the best steamed dumping in Taiwan.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Xiao Long Bao and the fried rice is very nice. I love their pork cutlet too! I always eat it at least once when i visit Taipei. Will really recommend everyone to eat it at if they visit Taipei.

1  Thank wayne900