“Brilliant.”
Review of Park Taipei Hotel

Park Taipei Hotel
Ranked #60 of 582 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I cannot rate this hotel any higher. We arrived at 1am to find very friendly staff. Sadly I was only staying for 12 hours as it was a stop over. I had a late check out but was allowed to use the lounge on the 2nd floor until my flight. This had tea and coffee making facilities and a smoking terrace. The toilets are brilliant. So many buttons. You need to press the orange one to make anything stop tho which took me about 10 minutes stuck on the toilet to figure out haha. The rooms are comfy and they have a universal plug port so I was able to charge my phone. The rooms are very quiet. The only thing missing was a few English channels on the tv but I didn't expect there to be any at all. Overall I would love to come back here.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I am travelling to Taipei about 4-5 times a year on business. Stayed in many hotels before (i.e. LeMeridien, Grand Hyatt, Howard Plaza). This time, because of a mess-up by my secretary with the booking I booked myself online at Park Taipei on short notice (1 hour before check-in). Despite the short-notice, check-in was smooth and fast as everyting was prepared already.

Since the room was not ready (around 11am) they let me use the exec. lounge until I could move in. Rooms are not fancy and geared towards efficiency and therefore perfect for business travellers. The desk has a decent height, plugs are easy to reach on top of desk and 1 world traveller plug is available as well. Both room and bathroom were super-clean, perfect water pressure and enough warm water. Breakfast is reasonable, with fresh fruits and a decent variety of warm and cold platter choices; comparable to European hotels but not as sumptuous as in the big Asian 5-stars. A great advantage of the hotel is also the central location and there is an access to Da'an MRT station (only 2 stops away from 101!) right in front of the hotel.

The best part of this hotel are however the staff. Always very helpful, super-friendly and with a true service spirit. Despite I am a seasoned Asia business traveller used to the high service standards everywhere, I find that the folks at this hotel really stand out. Probably also because they delivered quite consistent from receptionist, concierge, cleaning lady to waitresses and they seem to actually "mean" it!

HIghly recommended for business travellers looking for efficiency, great service, cleaniness and convenient location but don't care for status and extravaganza. I will definitely be back. Thanks to everyone for your hospitality!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Philipp N
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My snookums and I spent 5 days over Christmas in Taipei and fell in love with the generous and hospitable people living in Taipei and surrounding areas. That said, the quality and service of Park Taipei in Da’an was no exception. Clean large rooms with well kept facilities. Amazing location in Da’an – the centre of Taipei, with access to 3 of 5 MRT lines 10 steps from the front door. Staff were amazing, attentive and professional. Highly recommended for a city stay.

TIP: the hotel does not have a full-time restaurant on the premises. They do offer a reasonably priced standard breakfast and lunch buffet.
TIP: for long or family stays, bring DVDs as there are very limited English TV options – but a DVD player is available.

TIP: Taxi’s are easily available for Taouyan Int’l airport at 1,000 TWD (approx. $40USD) – no need to rely on the hotel’s transport (slightly higher priced).

TIP: don’t be scared of using the MRTs – no need to use taxis – the stations are very English / idiot friendly and the Taiwanese won’t let you get lost.

Room Tip: Our deluxe king was a regular sized room. I expect anything cheaper would have had a smaller bathroo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UmairR
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We only realized that they don't have a drive through entrance when we arrived. We had to alight at a pavement a few meters from the hotel. It was raining and the staff didn't even bother to come forward with an umbrella even if there were a few umbrellas hanging at the entrance. He only met us midway to take the luggage.
Only 2 staff at the counter with 2 customers but we had to wait for 15 mins for service.
The breakfast area was small and limited choices. First morning that we went for breakfast, we had to wait as there was no table available.
The only good things about the hotel are good location and clean room.
Definitely won't stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lplcat1
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Stay at this hotel for 3 nights at 18-21 December.Book directly from their website for family room and got a good price.
The hotel itself is located in front of MRT Da An exit no 6.
The hotel is clean and I think the hotel is more like business hotel.Free Wi Fi is a good point.
Do not try for their breakfast but beside the hotel there are lots of eateries such as sandwich or noddles etc around NTD 30 or $1.
I can store my luggage with them after check out,when I went to kaoshiung for several days.thank you for their hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank beatrice390
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel service are far beyond my expectation. All staffs are very friendly. They greet whenever we see them. We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and we just came back from Kaoshiung with fully upgraded suites for our last night in Taipei. Fully recommending this hotel!! We are enjoying our suites. Truly ***** stars service.
From Budianto.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank PakW77
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and our 8 year old join me in praising this very good 4 star hotel. Perfectly positioned for our needs at the confluence of several major metro lines, our three night visit has us now planning a return. The room was ample and clean with good WIFI. Breakfast was fine and the hotel staff laudable. I cannot speak highly enough of Fred at reception and JoJo in the breakfast restaurant. The only minor negative is no room service, however, with so many options within 100 meters, we weren't put out at all.

Room Tip: We chose a 101 View but in fairness a standard would have been fine.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family