“Friendly and Receptive Reception Staff!!”
Review of Park Taipei Hotel

Park Taipei Hotel
Ranked #60 of 582 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Picked this hotel to stay at due to its close proximity to the transit rails to get around Taipei and I could not be more pleased. The Da’an rail stop was literally a block away and a new stop was right in front of the hotel but not yet completed.

We got to the hotel early and they let us use the business lounge area upstairs until our rooms were ready. I was impressed with the multi-lingual ability of the front desk staff. Upon checking in with my brother and his wife, the staff recognized the different passports and automatically spoke to me in English while speaking mandarin to my brother. Even more amazing when we were asking for directions, the same happened and instead of having my brother translating for me the staff picked up on it and automatically responded to me in English.

The room was like any other hotel room you would find in Taipei without the prices being ridiculous. The bathroom was spacious with its own separate shower and tub. I had a very pleasant stay and the only suggestion is that they allow guests to access the balcony outside their room but I understand how that can be a security hazard. I will definitely come back and stay here again next time for my adventures in Taipei!!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff for suggestions!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PYC-88

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The moment I reached the outside of Park Taipei Hotel, a staff rushed towards me to help carry the luggages and greeted me with a wide smile. At that moment I knew that my stay here would be an enjoyable one.

At the check-in counter, two of its male staffs attended to me and were friendly and the process was seamless.

Upon Check-in, I was awed by the well-maintained rooms and clean beds. Park also had great washroom facilities. The only thing that I was not really fascinated was that the view wasn't as great as I thought. What I recommend is that if you are only visiting the hotel to sleep,there's no point in paying extra for that 101 view.

However,despite the breakfast service being somehow limited, with about 9 to 10 dishes, ranging from cornflakes to mantou and ham, the staffs were extremely dedicated. One such example is Ms. Jojo. She is so passionate about her job that she remembers what beverages the guests wish to have. I ordered a hot chocolate on the first morning and the next morning I did not have to raise my hand to order the hot chocolate again. Instead, it was brought to my table without me asking for it. This is indeed true Taiwan spirit.

Whenever we returned back to the hotel from shopping, there would be at least one staff who would greet us and asked us how was our day.

Given its prime location and exemplary service, Park Taipei is indeed the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I will definitely consider staying at Park the next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mindypang
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is my second stay in this hotel. The location is easy to reach to anywhere and only 3 mins walk to the MTR station. Besides, the new MTR station is just next to the main entrance. The receptionist and concierger are helpful to assist us to reserve taxi to airport. The business centre at 2nd floor are amazing! Not only have free online services, but also providing tea and snack to traveller. The hotel is also clean and well maintainence. The supervisor of housekeeping is also concern their performance and spend a visit to us to ask if we are satisfied their cleaniness. All is over my expectation, I have no doubt to stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Joycetravelagain
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is our second stay here! It is, again, a very nice one! All staff members are extremely helpful and kind, always ready to offer assistance. I have a few parcels coming in during the short stay and would need them to receive it and pay for it on my behalf. Everything was done without a flaw!

I had a twin room and would need them to combine the two beds for the last night of our stay. The staff agreed and even made it an extra comfortable Super King Size one by covering it with extra mat. I am really impressed.

The location is our favourite, though it might not be the case for every one. A new MRT exit is being constructed right in front of the hotel so it is going to be even better! High quality local eateries are clustered within 5 min radius.

The only thing on the negative side is the towels - they really looked a bit torn and grey in color.

Anyway we would definitely stay here again for our future short stays....

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the small park instead of the main road. It's much more peaceful and is at...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kosmhongkong
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I returned to Park Taipei Hotel in May and stayed for 4 nights. I can't remember how I reviewed it last year but this time it is still very good for me. First, the location is a very good one with MRT station is just right across the street and a number of high-end department stores are within walking distance. Few step away on the left side of the hotel is a Starbucks and on the right side you can easily find a number of local street restaurants of all sorts. Of course you can try the room service which is very reasonable as well. The room is not so big but I think it is ok for a single businessman on a biz trip with all quality amenities. In the room, you have safebox, TV set and it is very clean. Specially, the staff are rally nice to me. Many of them speak perfect English so we wouldn't have any problem in communication. The elder man at the front desk always hailed a taxi every morning for me without waiting me asking for it. Perhaps it is because I am a regular guest? The only regret is the construction of a MRT gate at the main entrance. It has been there for more than a year. It is the problem of Taipei government. It makes it difficult for guests to hop on hop off taxi every day. Do check with the hotel when you book if it is completed in the next few months.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room Tip: high floor rooms recommended
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The rooms were very comfortable, though my room was road facing there was no sound pollution because of the traffic noise. The metro station and the airport bus station is just a 5-10 min walk. The only disappointment was that since it was classified as a 5 star hotel on some websites I though it would have a swimming pool which un fortunately it didn't.

Room Tip: Great Location and overall great value for money..
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business