I was in Taipei for the weekend, and I noticed that almost everything was unavailable that I was looking for, or it was just madly overpriced. Qstay had positive reviews, so I emailed them and asked about their availability, which they confirmed was fine.
This is not a typical hotel, so it's best if you scale back your expectations quite a bit.
- Location is right in the Ximen area.
- Staffs are really friendly and generally just great people.
- rooms are nice and include everything.
- Bed was fairly comfortable, but not the kind of bed you would get from a 4-5* hotel.
- Free coffee and snacks whenever you like.
- This is not exactly a hotel, so the front desk staff is not available 24 hours. I arrived pretty early and just wanted to put my luggage in the lobby, but they keep 0900-2000 for desk hours, which is slightly annoying.
- Room cleanliness is fine, but the bathrooms could use some help. The shower in particular needs a heavy cleaning, which is unfortunate.
- Bathrooms benefit from a giant window that lets in lots of light, but makes everything visible to the outside. A little strange, but there are curtains.
- Noise from the street is considerable, so light sleepers might have some issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- please kindly send email to us for inquiry,thank you very much!!please search qstay from internet to visit our website. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- q-Stay Taipei Hotel Taipei