“Good value and good service.”
Review of Qstay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taipei
Qstay
Ranked #85 of 262 Taipei B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Good: 1) location near Ximen MRT, shops and bars. It is really easy to find if you follow the map. 2) Staff are so helpful and nice. 3) The rooms are comfortable and warm. 4) 24 hr snack bar near reception (that also 'serves' breakfast on a help your self but I'll explain the coffee machine basis. 4) Surprisingly large bathrooms for small rooms. 5) Good value Neutral: 1) this hotel is aim at the gay market - if that makes you uneasy stay somewhere else. 2) The beds are the type that change to your body shape and hold that shape - not everyones cup of tea. Poor: 1) Better room cleaning needed - good idea to wear the slipper provided esp. out of the shower.

Room Tip: They have studio apartments and ordinary rooms - for more space and self catering try the studio.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StewieTokyo

Reviewed January 15, 2012

My partner and I decided to stay at Q-Stay based on all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We knew in advance to expect a modest hotel with small rooms. However, to say we were disappointed in what we experienced would be an understatement.

The people who worked there seem nice enough and were friendly. Thus, we really wanted to like the place. The Standard Room B (larger type) was claustrophobic and dreary. The décor was depressing and ugly, with patched-together repair work (visible tape) in many places. Both the bathroom and the bedroom had visible black mildew and mold on the walls. Both the bathroom and bedroom smelled like mildew and mold. The room also had a urine-like smell. I didn’t seem like the linens had been changed from the previous occupants (cologne aromas on the sheets and “old” pillow smell). We were booked for three nights. The idea of staying there three nights was so profoundly depressing and unbearable that we switched hotels after just one night.

I am not sure what anyone could find about the Q-Stay that would warrant a 5 star review, but we certainly did not experience this level of accommodations – far from it. In fact, the experience has definitely shaken my faith in Trip Advisor as an accurate resource for travel information. I would very strongly recommend always having a few secondary resources that are less popular-based and more professional to confirm the Trip Advisor ratings (trusted travel guide, experienced travel agent, etc…).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank pricklypete
Reviewed January 14, 2012

It is like 5mins walk base on extra slow stroll to the metro station ximenting. Haha.. The staff were all very nice chaps esp my fren is so in love with one by the name of Jen. Lol when jen was doing his everyday housekeeping while my fren was in the room... They were like chatting merrily about taipei etc. The rooms great.. Location great.. Staff great.. Wat to complaint? Haha.. But a dog hidden behind walls did scare me when it was barking fiercely at level 6 behind hidden walls. Asked the staff and was told its just owner's small pup. Next day i went to explore but no longer there :S anyway theres renovation going on next building during the stay but not much a problem. Many 24/7 around it. Cabs alot. Pantry not bad with food top up. JUST STAY QSTAY! U WONT REGRET! BETTER THAN STAYING AT THOSE GRAND HOTELS!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We booked the hotel for 6 nights after reading the numerous reviews on TripAdvisor, and boy were we impressed. From the fast email responses to our inquiries, to the simplicity of getting there - it was the perfect location for us when we were there. The staff were very friendly and helpful with our inquiries, the 24-hour snack bar on the first floor was always fully stocked with many types of breads, instant noodles, drinks and bananas (free of charge for guests), and the room was just right in size!

The beds were comfortable, there was even a PC in the room with a fully-functioning internet connection slash cable TV (you could only use one at a time). Bottled water, tea, coffee and the bathroom consumables were replenished daily, the towels were replaced daily AND the room was thoroughly cleaned as well when we were out.

If you needed to get snacks and drinks, the Carrefour supermarket was just a short 5 min walk down. There's also a Mcdonalds, a cheap sushi bar & other restaurants in that shopping centre if you're ever interesting. The Ximending shopping area is also just a 5 min walk in the opposite direction as well!

I'd definitely come back here to stay when I come back to Taipei in the future. Oh, and there's a 5% discount on the published rate if you were to pay by cash, so it is entirely encouraged to do so. Also, they have a shuttle service to-and-from the airport if you're just too tired to lug all your luggage on a bus and train - TWD1,000 for a single trip.

Room Tip: There are many different types of rooms available - I'd suggest you go to the website to choose...
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We chose Qstay due to the great reviews on tripadvisor and it proved to be a real find. It's very conveniently located, just a short walk from the subway station Ximending. There's also a 7-eleven not far away. Although it's very close to Ximending, it's pretty calm there.

The service is excellent. The staff is young and extremely helpful. In the mornings they asked us about our plans for the day and then told us the best way to get there. For example, when we wanted to visit the National Palace Museum, they gave us a piece of paper saying which subway line and which bus we have to take. Booking via e-mail was also quite easy and they replied fast.

As some people have already pointed out, Qstay offers only a snack bar and no "real" breakfast. For us it was okay, but for those who prefer a breakfast buffet it won't be the right choice. Also, the whole hotel is pretty small compared to western standards, especially the elevator and corridors.

We chose a room type B because I read in the reviews that the type A rooms are very small. The room (and the whole hotel) has a modern design, kind of stylish and was very comfortable. Our room was on the highest floor, thus it was pretty quiet up there (except for some piano playing in the evenings). Room and bathroom were very clean. There's free WIFI and a computer in each room (which is also the TV). What we found a bit peculiar at first were the free condoms on the bedside table, but when you think of it, it is actually a very responsible, good idea. I think it only struck us because we've never seen this before.

All in all, I can only recommend Qstay, especially for couples and young travellers. Great location, great service, clean and modern rooms, appropriate prices!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

This hotel is a great find. It is very conveniently located - only 2-3 mins away from Ximen MRT station. Take Exit 1 (Red House), and walk about Hanzhong Street.

Jen is excellent - he checked us in, and was ever so ready to help with everything. The other 2 persons on duty were nice too, though more reserved.

There is some construction noise at 8am - but no fault of the hotel's. Although breakfast isn't served, we found a great noodles stall within 2 mins walk away, and had breakfast there every morning of our stay.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone - it is more suited for solo travellers or couples, as the rooms are not large. Small downside is there isn't much storage space.

Also, I thought the room had some smell of cigarette smoking despite it being a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floor - the 02 rooms seem bigger.
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I chose Qstay because of its excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and was a little alarmed just before I left when I saw the reviews that focused on the alternative aspects of the hotel but do not worry. The hotel and its employees truly welcome all! It's a great location a short walk from the train station, shopping and food. The people at the reception are always friendly, helpful and geuinely warm. Eden makes great coffee and always tries to make you feel welcomed even at 5am. Ask for directions and you will get advice, guidebooks and even a slip of paper to tell you which train station/bus to take!

The room though small is ok for up to two people but I was a little uncomfortable when my friend stayed with me for a couple of nights as we just ran out of space for 2 suitcases and to hang our clothes. I am not so sure whether the bathroom windows are darkened/frosted as noted by others as we left the lights on one night and when we returned, we really could see the bathroom very clearly.

It is also one of the safest hotels for solo travellers. There are only 12 rooms and the small number of employees must know all of us so I felt very safe leaving my key at the reception. The lobbies all have CCTV as well and the receptionist keeps an eye on them. I know because I was waiting for the lift for a long while and he ran up to tell me that it might not be working and asked if I could take the stairs.

Response time is also out of this world. Every email I sent was replied to within the hour and when I arrived, I realised that this was because their email account was always open at the reception. I loved this small quirky hotel and I would definitely return here if I was in Taipei alone for a break and wanted to be near the action.

The only tiny fault was the noise from the street as my room was on the second storey and we could hear traffic, witness a car accident and see how the police handled the entire situation! Also, there was renovation taking place in the next building and that started promptly at 8am every morning. This is of course no fault of Qstay!

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor as it can be noisy in the day.
1  Thank wans123